What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunday Telegraph - Newcastle Edition

cram

Bench
I am not sure whether anyone here has read the Sunday Tele Newcastle Edition this morning. I have only had a quick look through it but Barry Toohey is reporting that the Knights are chasing Adam Mogg. I have looked for a link but can't find one but it does appear he is off contract at the end of this season.

Can anyone elaborate on this story?

Jono078

Referee
Our signings so far have been good...

But lately all ive been hearing are fairly average players being linked to us.

Id rather just top up someone like Paterson's contract than get someone who will hold the likes of Uate back.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'd be all for signing Mogg tbh. He's a Queensland origin player and played some very good games for the Raiders last year.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Mogg's far from 'very average'. 'Very average' doesn't play a starring role in a Queensland series win. He's solid and reliable. Nothing flashy. A damn side better than the likes of MacDougall, Tighe, and Carmont in the three or four.

Frederick

Staff member
Mogg was playing pretty damn well before he left for Les Catalans - only problem is he's 31 next year, so it'll be a no from me

jamesgould

Juniors
I thought he was trying to get a release to go back to Canberra, but Les Catalans wouldn't release him? And he wasn't signed up with them for only one year. So I think this story is boderline insane.

Anyway, he was never that good - over his time at Canberra he created nothing at centre - similar to Carmont really, he was fine on defence. Finished well on the wing, but we are fine for wingers. It would be a pretty strange strange signing.

cram

Bench
It hard to say how valid the story is as I have not had the opportunity to read the whole article, Barry Toohey however, generally has some idea what is happening with the club probably due to his association with one Andrew Johns.

Time will tell I guess.

stuke

Bench
Brian Smith brought him down to Parra from the QLD Cup comp in 2000 - 2001 but Parra were pretty well served for fullbacks/outside backs at that stage.

Also saw the article had quotes from Steve Crowe so i guess it has some backing to it.

Jono078

Referee
He wouldnt be the worst signing.

But im still hoping we can lure Whatuira before the likes of a Mogg, Vaealiki or Todd Byrne.

Serc

First Grade
Don't need him, we already have Kidley, Hinton, Vuna, McManus, Naiqama, Uate, Little Doogs hell even old Mad Dog himself to make a backline with next year and who knows what we are going to do with Polglase, Franze and Seage (who I noticed was on the bench for PL on Friday) next year either. I get the feeling that I've forgotten someone else as well.

macavity

Referee
Thaiday is goooorne

wish him luck, he isn't first choice FB here now, and wants first choice FB money.

Latest posts