What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Bowl XLVI Discussion

Super Bowl XLVI Champion

• Total voters

Raider_69

Post Whore
Its going to be interesting to see how the giants cover Welker, he's so quick in and out of his routes that he's almost impossible to cover one on one

they cant double him either because Gronk and Hernandez will run riot.

Raider_69

Post Whore
also i will be keen to see how the pats defend Cruz in the slot, and Nicks on the outside. Especially with their woeful pass defense.

this game is going to be close i think, and the more i think about it, this game might well be won and lost by a huge defensive play, rather than an offensive one.

Sleep

Juniors
Gronk is slim chances to play, and even if he does I'd expect he's far less than 100%. I'd love to see him pull a T.O. but I just don't think he's on that level.

Hernandez and Branch need to step up. Welker will get his usual catches.

I still think the Giants will win. The d-line is healthy and their offense is firing. The Patriots secondary blows.

legend

Coach
Giants FTW! Pats secondary sucks and Nicks, Cruz and Manningham will tear it up.

Karl

Juniors
From what I can see they both have average defence, but 10 straight wins behind the Patriots, Tom Brady is just better than Eli Manning, team stats better on paper. The Patriots should have this, but look what happened in 2008 and Cruz is awesome.

I still reckon the Patriots to win - but I don't care. I just want to see a good game. It's great not having a dog in the hunt sometimes, you can just enjoy the thrill of the chase.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Reports are now saying as early as two days ago that Gronk WILL play. I am still not convinced he is going to be 75% fit and if he isn't, I don't believe he impacts on the game outside of blocking and acting as a decoy. This is a high ankle sprain. Gronk needs surgery after this game to repair the damage. This is a serious injury.

At best, Gronk has a Dwight Freeney type Super Bowl. A good to very good first half with a needle and adrenaline masking the pain which allows him to play to somewhat 100%. Once half time hits, the body cools down, the injury rears it's head and lessens the impact of Gronkowski. Time will tell.

We may have all been lied to and this is a Belichick "story" leaked to the media in which we find Gronkowski is fine. It's a key story in this Super Bowl. I can't see the Pats winning with out a fit and firing Gronkowski in their passing game. I just can't and I am a big Tom Brady fan. It's just too big a hurdle for them with out him. If he is able to produce, IF he is able to be the Gronk, the Pats are in this.

I still lean to the New York Giants, 27-20.

Big Mick

Referee
The longer half time break is going to kill Gronk imo.

He'll be fine for the first half when he is needled up.

Time will tell whether he is a factor. He is young so he would heal quicker..and he wasn't wearing a compression wrap or anything at media day and was walking around fine. On NFL network today they said he practiced lightly as well.

Never know.

Raider_69

Post Whore
if Gronk cant be all he can be, it's a really huge factor in the game

your talking about a secondary that couldnt keep Davis in check, they have no chance against a free running gronk. If he's limited enough to play man to man, that changes this in pretty dramatically imo. Gronk and Hernandez paired with Welker is that match up nightmare, if the giants can man up Gronk due to restrictions, and free up coverage for Welker that a big up for them

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Its Super Bowl Sunday!!!!! where is everybody, Hope the boys can get up this time but unfortunatly i see the same result as Super Bowl 42, Giants 27 - Patriots 17..... would love to see Patriots 31 - 21 ... TD's to Gronk, Welker, OCHO!!!! Law Firm with a 100 yard 1 td game

Eelectrica

Referee
Got the recorder set and about to ready to leave for work. lol.
Really wish I could give myself the day off, but can't. :x

Gotta say though, the Giants are jinxing themselves big time. Chris Canty making score predicitons, giants website going off early. All points to a Patriots win :x

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I have to admit though I'm worried about the pats d in this one, in saying that I think the giants front 4 may bs exposed a little too