What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League Crowdwatch

brendothejet

First Grade
St Helens' new stadium is an oval IIRC???

Going to do more harm than good i reckon. Oval's are sh*t for watching RL.

deluded pom?

Coach
Where did you get that info from brendo? Why would Saints new ground be an oval? We don't play much Aussie rules in England and I don't think they play much cricket in St Helens either! Speedway? No way. Athletics? Doubtful.

Evil Homer

Staff member
It will maybe be an oval shape in the same way that the KC is, but I very much doubt it will be a cricket-type oval. They're not planning to groundshare I don't think, so there would be no need for one.

deluded pom?

Coach
Evil Homer said:
It will maybe be an oval shape in the same way that the KC is, but I very much doubt it will be a cricket-type oval. They're not planning to groundshare I don't think, so there would be no need for one.

The KC stadium is an oval design but the playing surface is rectangular.

JasonE

Bench
I think this round is currently 57,700 after 4 games so if Giants and HKR can get 13k between them we will get another rd of 70,000 which will be great news.

For the Cardiff weekend i will say 60,000 (30k each day) will be a success.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Didn't quite make it - roughly 5k and 6k at the Giants and KR games respectively. Still decent crowds considering next to no away support at both of those games and the fifth home game in 5 weeks for Hudds.

langpark

First Grade
Hudds - 4,894
Hull KR - 6,299
Catalan -9,050
Leeds - 21,975
Hull FC -12,767
Wigan - 14,108

Total - 69,093
Average - 11,515

Still a great round. kudos to Leeds especially.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I wonder what Huddersfield will have to do to increase their support? Anything over 4.5K is good for them, but that just isn't good enough for top flight footy.

fanatique

Juniors
East Coast Tiger said:
After Round 11

Season total 677,304
Season average 10,262

Would it be possible for someone to post a club by club home attendance breakdown?

I can't find a single source and would like to know if possible. Thanx cobbers.

Evil Homer

Staff member
S.S.T.I.D said:
I wonder what Huddersfield will have to do to increase their support? Anything over 4.5K is good for them, but that just isn't good enough for top flight footy.

A bit unfair - the Quins crowd is likely to be the lowest of the season. Average is around 7k, should be up to 7.5-8k by the end of the season with games against Leeds and Bradford to come.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Evil Homer said:
A bit unfair - the Quins crowd is likely to be the lowest of the season. Average is around 7k, should be up to 7.5-8k by the end of the season with games against Leeds and Bradford to come.

Fair call. I didn't actually realise that Huddersfield averaged 6600. It seems as though every time I read the match reports on superleague.com that their home crowd is 4500 or thereabouts.

From 10000 kms away, league in London seems a lost cause. For the sport to grow there must be a London based team IMO, but something needs to be done to help them draw support. Perhaps the RFL just need to pump a disproportionate amount of advertising money on Quins matches.

langpark

First Grade
S.S.T.I.D said:
Fair call. I didn't actually realise that they averaged 6600. It seems as though every time I read the match reports on superleague.com that their home crowd is 4500 or thereabouts.

From 10000 kms away, league in London seems a lost cause. For the sport to grow there must be a London based team IMO, but something needs to be done to help them draw support. Perhaps the RFL just need to pump a disproportionate amount of advertising money on Quins matches.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about Huddersfield's averages. Quins so far this season are averaging somewhere in the 3000 range i believe.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
langpark said:
I'm pretty sure he's talking about Huddersfield's averages. Quins so far this season are averaging somewhere in the 3000 range i believe.

Yeah, that wasn't a very clear post on my part. I was talking about Huddersfield in the first paragraph.

In-goal

Bench
With time and buy that real time i think quins can be a success, after all it's realy only there second season.

If they are able to win some silverware in the next couple of seasons more suport will be a given.