What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercoach 2012.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Got enough left over to do De Belin for Fensom straight up.

Now I need to replace Buderus, but only $188k to do so. Thinking of Ennis, not a lot of other options unless I go super cheap.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Not me. He would have to be out for the rest of the year to do that. I have my team going along smoothly.

Ranked 1151 overall. Not that I play this to win the lot, just for head to head glory.

Anyway, traded out Tom Humble and brought in Darius Boyd who will eventually turn things around as well I now have a backup for Hayne.

Have to sit on Carney for a few more weeks. Projected to hit $360K, at that point I can bring in Cooper Cronk and make probably 50-60K on that deal.

Swapped out C. Blair for Lyon. Which I think means my centres are pretty much now covered for short term injuries with the centre/wingers now : Lyon, Inglis, M.King, T-Rex, Hurrell, Halatua and Moga (M. King still may go if a nice 87K player turns up in someone's lineup)

So now I really need to work out what I need to do to get Parker and Fensom into the team, I have $143K in the bank. I was thinking of bringing in Tyrone Roberts to replace Reynolds for cash (gets me about 60-80K depending on performances of both), though his low scores are always a worry in case he needs to be an emergency reserve. That said I am stuck with M.Masoe who gets a very consistent 27 points each week and gets his first start of the season for me cause I have no other options. The guys who are in line to be replaced are Paulo, De Belin and Papali.

After this week I will have 12 trades left. I need to keep 4-5 for the business end of the season. My team is shaping up well.

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Only making one trade this week and that's B. Austin out for S. Fensom.

The Tigers having a bye this week hurts a bit leaving me without Farah and Woods.

Should still go ok though.

Will probably pick up Burgess in 2 weeks and then hold off on any unforced trades until after Origin.

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
I am holding off making any trades this week. I have some pretty weak h2h matches this week and should be able to cover. I think Blake Austin is due for a good week

Edwahu

Bench
Wont trade Gallen out, as there is to much chance I would need to make multiple trades to get him back. I have weak H2H as well, so will probably hold off any trades. Might have to get rid of Everingham though.

Last edited:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Wont trade Gallen out, as there is to much chance I would need to make multiple trades to get him back. I have weak H2H as well, so will probably hold off any trades. Might have to get rid of Everingham though.

I got rid over Everingham for Joel Thompson. Thommo has gone below 200K but he's scores are starting pick up again post-injury.

gronkathon

First Grade
The Thompson avenue was another I was thinking for Mataora but with Bronson on the extended bench will he eat minutes from JT?

Dogs Of War

Coach
The Thompson avenue was another I was thinking for Mataora but with Bronson on the extended bench will he eat minutes from JT?

It's a big problem. Too many back rowers at the Raiders. It's why I think next week I will trade out Papali for Fensom. And then hope I can get enough cash together to replace De Belin with Parker a few weeks later.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'd only pick JT as a Centre.

Not entirely sure how Harrison's possible return might effect him. I'd imagine if Harrison does play he will come to the bench in place of Picker and Picker has barely been used the last 2 weeks.

But JT has had some decent scores when he's only played 40 mins.

I just wanted someone more consistent than Everingham. He gets bugger all if he doesn't score tries.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'd only pick JT as a Centre.

Not entirely sure how Harrison's possible return might effect him. I'd imagine if Harrison does play he will come to the bench in place of Picker and Picker has barely been used the last 2 weeks.

But JT has had some decent scores when he's only played 40 mins.

I just wanted someone more consistent than Everingham. He gets bugger all if he doesn't score tries.

T-Rex is back soon. And he is still at a decent price. His value goes up heaps once he starts playing. Might be something you wait till next week to pull the trigger on.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I've managed to keep T-Rex this whole time. Probably suffered because of it but I didn't want to make too many trades.

Still undecided about what to do with Buderus. If I wait a week I can move Cam Smith and Buderus for some combination of Woods/Farah/Luke/Burgess. But that would mean this week my front row would be Graham, Smith and Poore (Geddes, Lawton and Buderus not playing).

gronkathon

First Grade
What week it TRex actually due back?

After Origin announcements I may be looking at cashing B Morris out for T-Rex or if not Sio has jacked up enough to make it a very affordable switch

Edwahu

Bench
What week it TRex actually due back?

After Origin announcements I may be looking at cashing B Morris out for T-Rex or if not Sio has jacked up enough to make it a very affordable switch

Round 11

Anyone reckon Papalli is a keeper? His 5 round average is nearly 70 and Fensom didnt impact that on the weekend.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Round 11

Anyone reckon Papalli is a keeper? His 5 round average is nearly 70 and Fensom didnt impact that on the weekend.

I have Papalli, but I don't think he is a keeper. I picked him up cause I knew he would perform better once Fensom was out. It should be pretty easy direct swap. Papalli may be back to the 50-60 range each week (Not bad, but not Fensom), don't forget he scored a try to get his score right up this week. Fensom is more of a 70+ points player, and they will be the same price. Take the swap.

Dogs Of War

Coach
So I re-evaluated what I was doing with the team. Decided to do this...

Swapped out De Belin with Parker, and Matt King with Josh Mansour from the Panthers.

So now the lineup is looking like this...

Front Row/Hookers

10. Masoe, M
9. J.Graham
8. Smith, C
20. Woods, A
21. Luke, I
22. Farah, R

2nd Row Forwards
12. Lewis, L
13. Parker, C
11. Gallen, P
23. Taia, Z
24. Papalii, J
25. Paulo, J

Halfbacks
7. Carney, T
19. Reynolds, A

5/8ths
6. Mateo, F
18. Sezer, A

Centre/Wingers
5. Mansour, J
4. Hurrell, K
3. Blair, C
2. Halatau, D
15. Inglis, G
16. Williams, T
17. Moga, T

Fullbacks
1. Hayne, J
14. Humble, T

Next week I will swap out A. Reynolds for T.Roberts for approx 60K profit. Will reassess C.Blair, I may be able to bring in Jamie Lyon which I will also do if possible.

2 weeks Carney goes on his bye week. Projections are that he will be worth $360K then. WIll bring in Cooper Cronk and make approx 70K on that.

2-3 weeks. Depends on value which trade gets doneweek 2, and which is 3 weeks away. Either Papalli for Fensom or T.Humble for D.Boyd

That will leave me with 7 trades left, but a very solid lineup. Only further change I would do is if J.Mansour can be swapped out for any new 87K player who will get a gig just so I have cash to play around with my lineup if required in the busines end of the season. Possibly M.Masoe swapped for a non-playing prop too.

Last edited:
I'm punting Gal, he's only going to play 3 of the next 8 weeks, at best and one is straight after Origin. Plus, his injury status is a bit muddled.

The only problem is who to trade in as I already have Fensom, I'll probably trade in someone decent to replace Gal then bulk up another area.

Afer that the only certainty I have on the books for Origin is Parker.