What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supercoach 2012.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Personally I like to have all of my squad to be regular starters. I find that's there's enough cheapies in the league to make sure they're playing and making you a bit of money.

Aubusson is picked in the second row which puts him as the value pick up for mine this week at just over 180k. He was a gun centre in fantasy when he played 2nd row.

shiznit

Coach
yeah ive been keeping a good eye on Aubusson in anticipation of him moving into the pack... it just sucks that ive designated this weeks trades to bring in T-Rex and James Graham...

all good though... there should be enough time to bring him in before the H2H starts...

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Probably would have gone with Aubusson if the whole Parker thing didn't happen. May still consider it if he gets named in the 2nd row next week too. His price won't change much and is more likely to go down than up.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Can someone explain Break Even to me? I assume there's a standard value assigned to 1 point?

Also I've seen some calculations on cash cows and price movement, I assume again that's based on X amount per point?

hardbaby

Coach
I won't go into it on a pure maths basis but basically a player's price is always in a state of flux. It waxes and wanes based on the number of points a player makes in any given round. It then plots itself on a curve and is averaged over 3 weeks (although there is minor carry on stretching back further from what I can tell).

So if a player has a break even of 50 points, it means that he needs to score 50 points for his price to remain the same. Any less, his price goes down. Any more, his price goes up.

But that particular week's score will have an impact not just on that week, but for numerous weeks. So if he scores 100 in that week his price will jump up a lot immediately and his break even will drop a lot. So unless he plays like a complete tard you would expect him to increase for 2/3 weeks thereafter.

hardbaby

Coach
A cash is a player who's breakeven is so low he will almost guaranteed beat it every week, thus his price will grow every week (until eventually his breakeven = his current price).

Look at a player like Adam Reynolds. Started at $87 500 which is a total novice and probably has a break even of about 15 points. The guy makes 15 tackles a game so by the time you add attacking stats (he also kicks goals) he'll make between 40 and 55 every game. That's equivalent to a price of around $200 000 and $280 000 so if you have him in your side you will make a lot of money. He is a cash cow.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
So if a player has a break even of 50 points, it means that he needs to score 50 points for his price to remain the same. Any less, his price goes down. Any more, his price goes up.

Perfect, I was thinking that break even was how many points they'd needed to justify their price, not to have the price be static.

MisterLove

Juniors
Anyone think burgess is worth a punt as captain this week against the panthers? Souths are desperate for a win and he's back into the backrow

Geohood

Bench
It looks like he played 2nd row last week anyway with Geddes and Asotasi starting props. I'm making him my captain. Smith captain for Dreamteam as usual though.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I have a big decision to make.

Trading Packer (experiment fail) for either Merrin or Graham.

Merrin AVG 75
Graham AVG 65

Merrin seems the obvious choice having a higher avg & being the same price. But will Graham end up starting games? + he was had to be taken off against Dragons for ten minutes due to injury.

Decision def**kingcions.

MisterLove

Juniors
I've got graham in my side killed it the first week was a bit disappointing last week but did have an injury, I think he's a keeper in my side for sure. Merrin has been scoring well though it's pretty much a flip of the coin but I don't think Graham will disappoint throughout the year.

MisterLove

Juniors
I have a dilemma in my side this week sio or Tahu?.. If I were to deliberately put an injured player in my side knowing fully that he's not going to play, when they choose the auto sub do they choose it randomly or whoever scores the best off your remaining players not used on the bench?

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Thinking of these moves, would like some feedback.

Parker -> James Graham (Burgess to 2nd row)
Foran -> Slater (Widdop to 5/8)
$175k spare

Foran -> Matteo
$140k spare

K.Bromwich -> Matteo
$18k spare

Thoughts?

I can always hang to Foran and dump Tedesco for Slater, but his output has been terrible this year while DCE has been a monster.

Geohood

Bench
I have a big decision to make.

Trading Packer (experiment fail) for either Merrin or Graham.

Merrin AVG 75
Graham AVG 65

Merrin seems the obvious choice having a higher avg & being the same price. But will Graham end up starting games? + he was had to be taken off against Dragons for ten minutes due to injury.

Decision def**kingcions.

Graham..

Merrin has Dan Hunt coming back soon and possibly will miss games due to origin later on which Graham dosen't have to worry about.. Unless he's had a holiday in Queensland before then he might be fair game for it.

Geohood

Bench
Thinking of these moves, would like some feedback.

Foran -> Slater (Widdop to 5/8)
$175k spare

Foran -> Matteo
$140k spare

K.Bromwich -> Matteo
$18k spare

Thoughts?

I can always hang to Foran and dump Tedesco for Slater, but his output has been terrible this year while DCE has been a monster.

I'd say Parker -> Graham and Foran -> Mateo..

I'm not sure how Foran has gone in Supercoach before but Mateo is a proven performer.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I have a dilemma in my side this week sio or Tahu?.. If I were to deliberately put an injured player in my side knowing fully that he's not going to play, when they choose the auto sub do they choose it randomly or whoever scores the best off your remaining players not used on the bench?

It chooses the lowest scoring player as the replacement. As for Tahu, he tends to get 30-40 points most of the time and playing the Broncos, it's unlikely that he will get many more than that range. I would go with Sio as I expect that game to be higher scoring and potentially Burt and Sio could interchange at Fullback.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Having some spare cash for getting Parker back was important, and having another non-Origin player is a bonus too. Thanks!

Last edited: