What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SuperCoach 2013

firechild

First Grade
Deciding what to do. I have a lead of 42 points going into tonight's game. Myself and my opponent both have Sam Burgess, Reynolds and Luke. I have the C on Reynolds, he has Burgess. I also have Sutton and he has Teo. I'm wondering whether I should switch my captain to Burgess to rule out the possibility of a capitulation due to an injury to Reynolds, a poor game by Reynolds or a massive game from Burgess. Sutton v Teo plus the 42 points should get me across the line but it could be close.

firechild

First Grade
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm going to win my other games by several hundred so just need to give myself the best chance on this one. Thanks.

MSIH

Bench
Merrin killed me. That and my usual poorly chosen captain. Down by 10. Was leading going into Golden Point. Bloody Golden Point.

Warmess

Juniors
I'm thinking Laumape is gonna be one of the best buys for the rest of the season. 45 point average, only 195k and will most likely play every game now since Fish is out for the season.

firechild

First Grade
All wins this week. Puts me 3rd, 4th and 8th in my 3 leagues. Punted Williame for O'Dare leaving me with $77,300 and 2 trades. Team looks like this:

Slater
Taufua
Lyon
Gillett
Hurrell
Sutton
A. Reynolds
SBW
Watmough
Parker
Luke
Farah
Smith

Graham
S. Burgess
Horo
Kelly

M. Blair
Milford
Hiku
J. Roberts
+ 4x $87,500 nuffies.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I've got two trades left and I need to get Cam Smith back in. Options are

Luke & Gurgess for C.Smith & Gillett
Gurgess & Moylan for C.Smith & Uate.

I'm 4.9k short of going Gurgess to C.Smith outright which is why I need the second (and final) trade). I'm leaning towards the Gillett one.

Current team is

FR: Farah, Luke, Woods, Merrin, Gurgess, Timu
2RF: Parker, Fensom, SBW, Watmough, Surgess, Glenn
1/2: Kelly, Marshall
5/8: Sutton, Hampton
CTW: Lyon, Hurrell, Jennings, Gordon, Nofoaluma, Hiku, Oates
FB: Barba, Moylan

Any other suggestions?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Mateo out for Parker
Roberts out for Oates

Top 17

1. Barba
2. Gordon
3. Taufua
4. Lyon
5. Gillett
6. Kelly
7. Thurston
8. C. Smith
9. Farah
10. Fifita
11. Parker
12. Fensom
13. SBW

14. Merrin
15. Woods
16. S. Burgess
17. Milford

Down to 4 trades and 160K in the bank. Gallen is my only target at this stage.

Dogs Of War

Coach
I've got two trades left and I need to get Cam Smith back in. Options are

Luke & Gurgess for C.Smith & Gillett
Gurgess & Moylan for C.Smith & Uate.

I'm 4.9k short of going Gurgess to C.Smith outright which is why I need the second (and final) trade). I'm leaning towards the Gillett one.

Current team is

FR: Farah, Luke, Woods, Merrin, Gurgess, Timu
2RF: Parker, Fensom, SBW, Watmough, Surgess, Glenn
1/2: Kelly, Marshall
5/8: Sutton, Hampton
CTW: Lyon, Hurrell, Jennings, Gordon, Nofoaluma, Hiku, Oates
FB: Barba, Moylan

Any other suggestions?

Gurgess & Moylan for C.Smith & Josh Morris who I think is just hitting his straps plus the Bulldogs have an easier run home than the knights other than the last round which will be the finals where the Knights play the Eels.

Alternatively, just hold off on making any trades for the time being unless your in danger of not making the semi's. You would hate to trade in/out someone and get an injury immediately after that. Just make your final trades the week the finals start. It's why I am holding onto Inglis

Last edited:

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Didn't think about Morris, but I'm strongly leaning towards Gillett.

I'm 1st in two comps but 8th in the main one so I'm keen to cement my finals spot. Two losses would send me back to 14th as well so it's pretty close at the moment.

Edwahu

Bench
I'd not trade at all. Focus on the two comps you have a shot at. With only two trades left you risk losing them all.

Even if you bring Smith in and get to a final you will probably need a trade to swap him out when he is rested.

Spot On

Coach
I'm thinking Laumape is gonna be one of the best buys for the rest of the season. 45 point average, only 195k and will most likely play every game now since Fish is out for the season.

Wouldn't you want a player with a much better ave?

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I'd not trade at all. Focus on the two comps you have a shot at. With only two trades left you risk losing them all.

I'm a swing for the fences type. Plus it means I won't spend hours each week for the final rounds reversing trades :lol:

What's this about Woods being out?

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'm a swing for the fences type. Plus it means I won't spend hours each week for the final rounds reversing trades :lol:

What's this about Woods being out?

No, then you will spend hours analysing other teams trying to work out if you can win, or whether you need to try a wildcard choice for captain/vice captain