What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Meh. Never had a bad experience at ANZ personally. Results aside of course. My members seats are awesome, I always find free parking, it's dead easy to get in and out of the place and although the food and drinks cost an arm and a leg, you never have to que so you don't miss much of the game.

Go to somewhere like Leichardt or Brookvale and its a completely different story. Sure you're close to the action but everything else that goes into game day becomes 50x harder. Parking, getting food, getting in and out, all a pain in the arse.

I reckon

1. ANZ
2. Parra Stadium
3. SFS

and then the rest in terms of grounds to watch Footy in Sydney.

Agree x 1million, never understand why people get so fired up about such a great facility

bahaha, i'm a hawt ass chick now?

BUNNIES FANS. YOU GOIN DOWWWWN TONIGHT.

:cool:

Don't bet on it.... We will put up a good fight I reckon. Should be a close game.

Agree x 1million, never understand why people get so fired up about such a great facility

The SFS would be the best if it wasn't such a pain in the arse to get in and out of or park near. Getting in and out and parking is probably what does Parra stadium in as well.

I just have an irrational hatred of the place :p

Hopefully that hatred will increase after we give the Dragons a touch up tonight.

Kiki

First Grade
hahahah

im just playin

i think u guys are gonna be a huge challenge for my boys. i'm not confident at all.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Yeah i shall, around the GA bays also I still have horrible memories of 41-6 last year.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Yeah, let's not :p tbh that game was the catalyst in our downfall, being hammered after doing so well all year.

All year last year I was thinking that we would be borderline finals at that point and then a loss to the Dragons would put us out of contention. Even when we had a run of losses I thought that game would be the difference because I just couldn't see us winning it last year. From about round 5 or 6 onwards I was actually dreading the thought of that game. Little did I know that we would f**k up so badly mid-season and that by the time we got there it would mean nothing. Nor could I have thought in my wildest dreams that we would absolutely smash the Dragons by 30 odd points. For us to smoke the team that had been on top all year by such a margin and yet miss the finals just added to the dissappointment for me. Mind you, I know that had we have been in contention and needed to win it by that much, we'd have probably fluffed it and got smashed. Disappointing year last year....

simmo1

First Grade
Meh. Never had a bad experience at ANZ personally. Results aside of course. My members seats are awesome, I always find free parking, it's dead easy to get in and out of the place and although the food and drinks cost an arm and a leg, you never have to que so you don't miss much of the game.

I'm sure its great if you have members seats, but what about the other 95% of seats at the ground which are miles away from the game?

I blame the loss and draw we had with Parramatta last year for us not making the finals. Win either of those and we'd have probably been eighth instead of them. Mind you, the Storm being $1million over the cap didn't help our cause either.

I'm sure its great if you have members seats, but what about the other 95% of seats at the ground which are miles away from the game?

I've watched Dog's and other games there and not been a member. I've also watched some Union there as well. As long as you are on level one there it is fine.

Since they changed the ground configuration, the fence is only about 10 metres from the sideline and its awesome.

I remember the old days when the running track was in. I went and watched an Origin game there and was honestly about 30 metres away from the sideline and I was sitting on the fence. Not to mention, it was much higher in the middle in the old days, for drainage. Not only was I 30 metres away, but my head was in line with the wingers knees. It was hithouse back then.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Nope, you ran the Storm close last year though.

I'd rather forget that last whole month of the competition.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
I blame the loss and draw we had with Parramatta last year for us not making the finals. Win either of those and we'd have probably been eighth instead of them. Mind you, the Storm being $1million over the cap didn't help our cause either.

Didn't f**kin help Parramatta much either!!! :crazy:

2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+-vAizpi5sbOl.jpg

2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+I1aPkL8hjsMl.jpg

2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+9yn6bj7x7gNl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.