What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apey

Staff member
I like how Bunniesman has added astute investor and creative writer to his fictional character over the past few days.

Is there anything you aren't good at?

Cliffhanger

Coach
My reading comprehension sucks because I assumed that when you called two NRL players 'athletes' you meant they had relatively high athletic abilities compared to other players?

You're an idiot BM, seriously stop embarrassing yourself and never share your opinion on anything. Also in Australia, we spell 'defence' with a 'c'.

BunniesMan

Immortal
My reading comprehension sucks because I assumed that when you called two NRL players 'athletes' you meant they had relatively high athletic abilities compared to other players?

You're an idiot BM, seriously stop embarrassing yourself and never share your opinion on anything. Also in Australia, we spell 'defence' with a 'c'.
Language is a beautiful thing. Sometimes a word doesn't mean precisely the same thing in every single context.

The first definition of "athletic" on dictionary.com is "physically active and strong".

It is a very broad term.

Idris has "relatively high athletic abilities" in some departments and not others. He has a combination of size and mobility that you do not see everyday. In that sense he is athletic.

There are plenty of athletes in the NRL, not all of them have a footballers DNA. That is the point I was making. Any normal person would have understood.

Cliffhanger

Coach
In Rugby League circles, the term is used very often to describe especially fit NRL players. Players like Slater etc. Not fat lazy guys like Idris who have no grace in their stride. You say any normal person would understand WHAT you meant despite three people disagreeing with your observation. Just admit you are wrong and be done with it.

Hallatia

Referee
it's not raining here, but I am debilitatingly unwell, so can't do anything anyway (aside from watching sports)

BunniesMan

Immortal
FFS getting a 15 on the beep test is not the only way to be described as "athletic".

There's more to the word than aerobic fitness.

Dave Taylor is another guy I'd describe as athletic.

The word can be used to describe anyone from Ben Barba to Dave Taylor.

It can mean marathon level stamina, it can mean pure physical strength, it can mean any physical specimen that is special in some way. That includes the likes of Idris and DT.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
language and, the Hussey Lee partnership was solid, before that you were looking at possibly finishing with a total around 150

It was.. it's crazy that Dussey hasn't got much of the strike in the last few overs.

also this shows how much we are going to miss Michael Hussey when he retires (please never do)

also f**k.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
If you genuinely believe we're geniuss, then you're a fool for suggesting that. As if you want geniuss to procreate. You and BM should get a room. At least you're two idiots who can't breed together.

I'm sorry I butted in on yore pitiful attempts to woo the liar/troll. It's the classic pretend you hate someone but secretly love them scenario.

Hallatia

Referee
Hussey needs to retire and soon, Australia are fortunate that he was solid in the last Ashes series and has been solid since, but the 18 months prior he showed he was very much on the decline and now he is only getting older, it would be a big mistake for Australia to want to carry him much longer, because he doesn't have long left in him

Cliffhanger

Coach
I'm sorry I butted in on yore pitiful attempts to woo the liar/troll. It's the classic pretend you hate someone but secretly love them scenario.
Oh, so that's why you're so aggressive towards me. I'm flattered and if given the option between a bullet to the head, you or BM, I would only choose the bullet over you.

Status
Not open for further replies.