What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Superthread XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

WYD

Juniors
Hey, the Warriors are now in the eight, and they are the most unpredictable team in the comp. If they finish in the eight, there's no telling what they might do.
Warriors are actually pretty predictable.

Get hyped as the dark horse all off season, get off to a terrible start, look like they're in a form slump, start picking up momentum mid season, finish off reasonably strongly.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Since when is unpredictable necessarily a good thing?

It isn't necessarily but would you rather a side like the Cowboys or the Tigers in the eight, who you can safely assume the type of fight they will put up or an erratic team like the Warriors with their attacking flair? This is the first team in eighth place to win week one of the finals. Yeah there's a different system this year, but these guys are a bigger threat than any of the other teams that were trying to sneak into the eight.

WYD

Juniors
Since when is unpredictable necessarily a good thing?
In this case, it means you have the capacity to perform at a high level. Some teams in the 8 just aren't good enough to possibly win.

The peak performance of this Warriors team looks incredibly high, I could only possibly have Canterbury and Manly ahead of them in this regard.

Hallatia

Referee
Eels won the first round of the finals under that system from 8th position and more recently than the warriors. IT means squat to our current condition. Climbing ladders is overrated

WYD

Juniors
Eels won the first round of the finals under that system from 8th position and more recently than the warriors. IT means squat to our current condition. Climbing ladders is overrated
Sign creative, attack oriented players.

Implement a conservative, defense orientated team structure.

How could it possibly fail?

Cliffhanger

Coach
Yeah but that was all on the back of Hayne's brilliance. The Warriors have a number of guys who are always threatening to break the line.

Johnson, Maloney, Locke, Hurrell etc.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I never understood people watching entire cricket matches. Way too long. The beginning of the innings,z few overs in the middle the end and the highlights are more than enough.

dogslife

Coach
Same thing with Roosters matches...

th_badum.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal
Google tells me 3 tests against the saffers in November and then 3 against the Sri Lankas in Dec-Jan.

We might win the second serious but probably lose to SA.

Phil Hughes is killing it in county cricket, finishes the season well and starts our domestic season well and he'll be in contention.

Mark my words, Phil Hughes will score 10,000+ Test runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts