What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supposed "Season Review' without changes

TonyT6

Bench
Woah someones got ther period!
Listen moron... if u want to sit here and do nothing but sook whine and f@#king whinge on every post on every thread... then the same way u can critisize my club i can critisize ur opinion.
If this great club does nothing but stress u out, and causes u a need to continuosly sook whine and whing then either get off ur keyboard and start a movement to improve things or F#@K OFF AND SUPPORT A CLUB THAT IS BETTER RUN!!!
im sick and f#@king tired of f@#kwits like u dino objective moron and grouch doing nothing but salking.
they had a rally, i bet not one of u morons attended!
That my friend is wat u call twats!! There hasnt been a single thread topic that some morons dont twist it into a "attack doust" sook.
you morons had ur chance... AND NONE OF YOU TWATS ATTENDED...
So either support our great club without the sooking and whinning or find another club that is run more to ur liking.

I didn't attend the "rally" because the leaders wanted us to follow them but they couldnt articulate what they wanted to achieve. Oh, let's meet at the pizza shop & walk to the club and have a chat...FMD that's not a rally.

If a prominent articulate business person would put alternatives & a business plan forward then I'd consider it but under the current rabble, no chance.

I used to go to R2K meetings but stopped going when Skull used to take over & they would descend into farce, I have a feeling under this brigade it will be worse. At least under Lachlan they had a well organised leader who could string a sentence together.

Last edited:

love my saints

Juniors
I didn't attend the "rally" because the leaders wanted us to follow them but they couldnt articulate what they wanted to achieve. Oh, let's meet at the pizza shop & walk to the club and have a chat...FMD that's not a rally.

If a prominent articulate business person would put alternatives & a business plan forward then I'd consider it but under the current rabble, no chance.

I used to go to R2K meetings but stopped going when Skull used to take over & they would descend into farce, I have a feeling under this brigade it will be worse. At least under Lachlan they had a well organised leader who could string a sentence together.

Look dude, i understand peoples frustrations at how the club is run, or being run down, people are pissed off and thats understandable.
But, we have some fans, myself included, that still enjoy to talk about the team, the players we have bought, have faith that next year things will improve on the field.
we enjoy talking footy, without the boardroom politics. But we also have some fans that no matter what the topic, they turn it into a negative attack on our clubs administrators.
I dont think there are too many on here who support the board or the c.e.o. but for f#@ks sake they dont have to turn every thread into an attack on our board and c.e.o.
What you mentioned above is valid. But how about you guys get someone who knows how to get things done proper and go about it that way.
you seem like an intellegant person, my bad for attacking you earlier. Im just over some of the other guys who continually turn every topic into a bash doust and the board. We get it, we dont like them either, but lets stay positive about our team.

hazzbeen

Bench
Look dude, i understand peoples frustrations at how the club is run, or being run down, people are pissed off and thats understandable.
But, we have some fans, myself included, that still enjoy to talk about the team, the players we have bought, have faith that next year things will improve on the field.
we enjoy talking footy, without the boardroom politics. But we also have some fans that no matter what the topic, they turn it into a negative attack on our clubs administrators.
I dont think there are too many on here who support the board or the c.e.o. but for f#@ks sake they dont have to turn every thread into an attack on our board and c.e.o.
What you mentioned above is valid. But how about you guys get someone who knows how to get things done proper and go about it that way.
you seem like an intellegant person, my bad for attacking you earlier. Im just over some of the other guys who continually turn every topic into a bash doust and the board. We get it, we dont like them either, but lets stay positive about our team.

I agree with you about trying to be positive but sometimes it is hard with the continued blunders by our board and Doust..... But lets all hope that we can just show some improvement this year , if not I cant see us surviving much longer........

bottle

Coach
The only thing that will quieten those who only ever post in the negative will be success on the field. Otherwise they have ample evidence to bolster their views. If this happens, they'll leave the place for a while.
I'm expecting to hear a bit from them this year.

love my saints

Juniors
I agree with you about trying to be positive but sometimes it is hard with the continued blunders by our board and Doust..... But lets all hope that we can just show some improvement this year , if not I cant see us surviving much longer........

If this year is a failure on the field, then surely that will be it for the board and c.e.o.
I believe this year though will see a big improvement on the field, i was against the signing of mary, mainly because i would'v preffered brownie back. But im willing to give mary a go before hanging the guy. And im also willing to believe that some of the new boys, O'Brien Wakeman Nabuli and Rose will stand up and deliver.
At the moment they have as much chance of being a sucess as they do of not cutting the grade.
So does the team as a whole.
Constant complaining on a forum wont get anything done. Thats a fact. Organise what needs to be organised and take action. Thats all my point is. Untill then have faith in the team, they may just surprise us all.
Go the mighty dragons!!!!

If the players truly believe in themselves and give it a real go then things can improve but I sometimes wonder with the mental attittude of the team.

BennyV

Referee
The only thing that will quieten those who only ever post in the negative will be success on the field. Otherwise they have ample evidence to bolster their views. If this happens, they'll leave the place for a while.

Too negative bottle. Go support another team.

:sarcasm:

Guys this is going to be a year of transition.

We have signed lots of players on one year contracts and are all hoping that some of the bolters prove to be massive successes.

Its clear we are moving from a mobile pack to a pack of big boppas.

If Mary can infuse the right attitude in to the players we will have a good season.

I am not a supporter of the current admin team, however they did go all out to get Bellamy and Bennett for a second time. Their main failure is in being able to attract third party
$$$$ !

Puff2010

Juniors
Let's just support the coach an team,. Current odds $41 look attractive. We've been written off before and surprised everyone. I think 2015 will be the same.

TonyT6

Bench
Let's just support the coach an team,. Current odds $41 look attractive. We've been written off before and surprised everyone. I think 2015 will be the same.

The bookies say we have a 3% chance of winning the comp! no wonder they drive Mercs.

Guvner

First Grade

Why would they leave for a while? They love the club as much as anyone and would no doubt enjoy any success that comes. Why shouldn't they?

karuah6

Juniors
Why would they leave for a while? They love the club as much as anyone and would no doubt enjoy any success that comes. Why shouldn't they?

I may be wrong but I don't remember them giving the club, team any congratulations, good words even when we win games. It is always a negative manner in which they post.
We can all be critical at times but to balance it, surely they can applaud when we win.
This is the way I feel & hope we perform well under Mary. Give him a go & see what happens before we critise the man before he has a chance to prove himself.
If he can't improve our position, then we should look elsewhere.

BennyV

Referee
I may be wrong but I don't remember them giving the club, team any congratulations, good words even when we win games. It is always a negative manner in which they post.
We can all be critical at times but to balance it, surely they can applaud when we win.
This is the way I feel & hope we perform well under Mary. Give him a go & see what happens before we critise the man before he has a chance to prove himself.
If he can't improve our position, then we should look elsewhere.

My issue is that we wont look elsewhere. Mary has effectively been given a free ride for at least 2 years of his contract, we could get the spoon and the excuses would be ready to go. On top of that, the last 3 years have more or less shown that near enough is good enough.

karuah6

Juniors
My issue is that we wont look elsewhere. Mary has effectively been given a free ride for at least 2 years of his contract, we could get the spoon and the excuses would be ready to go. On top of that, the last 3 years have more or less shown that near enough is good enough.

I understand what you are saying but surely you will agree that the club is trying to rectify the matter by appointing Mulholland, purchasing bigger forwards, improving training facilities & resigning several terrific local juniors. It a pity we can't keep them all but if you look at ALL clubs of the years neither could they.
I am not trying to antagonise people, but I have always believed in giving a person a go before we chop his head off. Yes Price was kept too long, just hope Mary can be a lot better. Mind you so should the players as they have a lot to prove to their supporters.

bottle

Coach

Well I thought the opening sentence of my post qualified that enough to answer those questions.
I'm not referring to people being critical as part of a discourse, such as yourself for example, who are up for discussion through the good times and bad, and who acknowledge the positives that they perceive.
I'm not referring to posters like BennyV who is currently a strident critic and harboring some pessimism, but who can still engage in debate with some civility and without lapsing into denigration and abuse as the first recourse to an opposing view.
There are plenty of other examples of blokes like this that I may not see eye to eye with 100% on all issues, but who I can still engage with.

Some only appear here when things are shitty, they seem to get some measure of delight out of it. They are the ones who will fade away if things go well, because there will be nothing to bleat about. They may love the club, or they may love to hate it, it's hard to tell sometimes.

watatank

Coach
I understand what you are saying but surely you will agree that the club is trying to rectify the matter by appointing Mulholland, purchasing bigger forwards, improving training facilities & resigning several terrific local juniors. It a pity we can't keep them all but if you look at ALL clubs of the years neither could they.
I am not trying to antagonise people, but I have always believed in giving a person a go before we chop his head off. Yes Price was kept too long, just hope Mary can be a lot better. Mind you so should the players as they have a lot to prove to their supporters.

McGregor had to ask favours from mates to improve those training facilities (Young has already mentioned this in an interview), why is that? That's amateur hour FFS...

Just because we have purchased some bigger forwards, doesn't mean we have purchased better forwards...

karuah6

Juniors
McGregor had to ask favours from mates to improve those training facilities (Young has already mentioned this in an interview), why is that? That's amateur hour FFS...

Just because we have purchased some bigger forwards, doesn't mean we have purchased better forwards...

Mate, at least give them a go. Do you think they are better than what we had. Time will tell.
I don't care who improved the training facilities. They have improved. Who knows Mary may have done an arrangement with the club for his mates to improve the facilities. I don't know. No use whinging about it. It Is done.
No need to try & put dampers on things that have been improved. Just get on & enjoy the season & follow this club to the best of your ability.
If you can't, I feel sorry for you.:lol::lol::lol: