What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sw12

beave

Coach
My mate that i went with saw the last 15 mins of his slot and said it was pretty shit. Apparently he either was pretending to do coke on stage or in fact was actually doing coke on stage. ......... f**k that rubbish, I'm here to see the artists play tunes, not play like assclowns.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with less is more, giving Devin Townsend 40 minutes on the smallest possible stage was a f**king joke, yet System get an hour and a half and they were just beige.

Awesome day though

Messugah
Hell Yeah
Coal Chamber
Trivium
Mastadon
Machine Head
Slipknot
Devin
System (meh)
Lamb of God

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, Gojira were brilliant. Should have been higher up the bill.
Devin Townsend was the most entertaining. Small stage, only 40 minutes which was ridiculous. Great show in that 40 though.

The main events - Trivium, Mastodon, Machine Head and LOG were all great I thought.

I used Coal Chambers set as a chance to freshen up a bit. I think Dez is more at home with Devil Driver now.

I know we keep saying it, but with SW - less is more. A few less acts, but the ones there play longer!

Dont know whether you caught it but it was their first gig in over a decade.

If you read the program "what was the most embarrassing thing you did on stage ?"

"We had a fight on stage then broke up" that was 10 years ago, I thought they were pretty damn good yesterday.

Eelectrica

Referee
Dont know whether you caught it but it was their first gig in over a decade.

If you read the program "what was the most embarrassing thing you did on stage ?"

"We had a fight on stage then broke up" that was 10 years ago, I thought they were pretty damn good yesterday.
Just not my thing I guess, but a great day just the same. I think this SW has been the best yet.

I wanted to read the program for a few bands but it didn't last long in the rain. lol
Actually we were probably fairly lucky with the weather, whilst we had some showeres here and there, at least nothing drenching and not constant. Served to cool things down a bit.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
got wet but never cold,

normally its 30 degrees and humid as f**k, yesterday was ideal imo

beave

Coach
Not enough punk for ya Penny???

I thought the line up was amazing myself but my taste of music is different to some.

I think that bit of rain was good for some of the punters there, looked like it was the first bath a few of them had seen in a few months.........

LESStar58

Referee
Thanks for the feedback on Street Dogs PWA! Seeing them tomorrow night. Cannot wait! Any chance you knew enough of the songs to gimme an idea of their set list?

Beave, In a way yes, but I'm definitely not complaining. I had a great day. But if I compare it to past years of bands I really like or liked at the time:

2009: Anberlin, Less Than Jake, Goldfinger, Face to Face, Funeral For a Friend, Houston Calls, Alkaline Trio, Finch, Saves The Day, Riverboat Gamblers

2010: Alexisonfire, A Day To Remember, AFI, Aquabats, Comeback Kid, Reel Big Fish, Anti Flag, Dance Gavin Dance, Gallows

2011: Pennywise, H2O, Anberlin, Less Than Jake, Millencolin, Mad Caddies, Bullet For My Valentine, MXPX, 36 Crazyfists, The Ataris

compared to:

2012: Bad Religion, A Day To Remember, Saves The Day, Thursday, Strung Out, Unwritten Law, Trivium

Now if I was to list a top 20 bands I like it would look something like:

1. Pennywise
2. Deviates
3. Anberlin
4. H2O
5. The Vandals
6. Alexisonfire
7. Less Than Jake
8. Bad Religion
9. Ignite
10. A Day To Remember
11. Lagwagon
12. Guttermouth
13. AFI
14. Comeback Kid
15. Aquabats
16. No Fun At All
17. Millencolin
18. Thrice
19. Goldfinger
20. No use for a Name

so Lots of those bands in their in the last few years, but only 2 this year. I was especially spoiled in 2011.

franklin2323

Immortal
Glad i stayed on the main stage allday. Outstanding day. BR still have it. Limp Bizkit was packed & put on a show. Only old song gold. The only band even close to getting the same crowd interaction was Slipknot but it's expected with them.

LB surprised me 10 years ago that would of been awesome. Seeing Slash jump onstage with Alter Bridge was awesome. Prob the worst band was ADTR but the fact that more boobs were out then bands in attendance hard to complain.

god i wish I could have gone to this years SW. Sounds like it went off. I suppose the good thing is that a lot of bands i like seem to do soundwave every couple of years. Looking forward to what the 2013 lineup will bring.

Moffo

Referee
Wow...what a day. Awesome. My run down:

Unwritten Law - I thought they were ok...not great but did the job. Decent enough for a starter. 5/10

Lost Prophets - Meh....not a big fan. 3/10

Alter Bridge - Pretty solid, loved the addition of Slash near the end. 6.5/10

ADTR - I thought they were tight, put on a good show from what I saw but had to leave as I started having clashes. 6/10

Meshuggah - Very very good. Near my favourite for the day. 7.5/10

Coal Chamber - Well, they have lost a few steps. Fun, good to scream out Loco but yeh....not sure why they got back together. 5.5/10

Bush - I enjoyed them. Yeh, not as crazy as some other bands but they put on a very solid performance. Not sure why someone else was shit canning them the other day. Nice cover of come together. 8/10

In Flames - Meh....ok but nothing special. 4.5/10

Trivium - Wow. Strong performance. Enjoyed it a lot. 7.5/10

Bad Religion - Only saw a bit of them but yeh, really good and great stage presence. 7.5/10

Limp Bizkit - First of the main eventers and I thought they put on an amazing show. The tribute to Jessica was nice, and the crowd were so in to them (they probably got the loudest pop of the night). I'm going to give them 9/10

Marilyn Manson - What a f**khead. Sang out of tune, long delays between songs and seemed coked off his head. Didn't even sing Torniquet. Really disappointing, and i'm a fan of him. 3/10

Slipknot - Unbelievable show. Amazing theatrics and great live. Can't miss...i'd say they fell just short of Rammstein's effort at BDO in 2011 but yeh...awesome effort. 8.5/10

SOAD - Hard to follow up the rest of the night but they were awesome as well. They just don't skip a beat. The only thing that hurt them was that everyone was knacked by that point. 8/10

What a day overall. Not a bad crowd...a few f**kheads but i expected a lot worse. The food/drink options were horrible, but thats nothing new

Cheers,
Moffo

Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Glad i stayed on the main stage allday. Outstanding day. BR still have it. Limp Bizkit was packed & put on a show. Only old song gold. The only band even close to getting the same crowd interaction was Slipknot but it's expected with them.

LB surprised me 10 years ago that would of been awesome. Seeing Slash jump onstage with Alter Bridge was awesome. Prob the worst band was ADTR but the fact that more boobs were out then bands in attendance hard to complain.

Limp Bizkit were without a doubt the worst live band I've ever seen, and the way they milked the death of that girl from the BDO in 01 was nothing short of disgusting IMO. By all means have a tribute but the way they did it was completely tasteless. Durst is such a douchebag. Not related to durst, but having an overlay of jessica for 30 minutes on the big screen, whilst getting chicks to flash their tits is also super respectful.

To be honest, I was quite let down by quite a few bands, Manson was a drug riddled, rambling mess by the end of his show. Corey has zero vocal range for slipknot now.

System went off, caught some of Machine Head too which were awesome as always. In Flames were good, Steel Panther were the highlight for mine, absolute classic show.

Overall it was an ok day, wish I just bought tickets to sideshows instead though.

Last edited:

Moffo

Referee
yeh the tits thing over her name was not tasteful

i don't think he was milking her death though. very harsh call

Latest posts