What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sw12

Firey_Dragon

Coach
yeh the tits thing over her name was not tasteful

i don't think he was milking her death though. very harsh call

Puh-lease... Lines like 'I have all these questions, I feel the anger building up inside me...' then cuts into the song... It was absolutely disgraceful. May not have been intended, but he certainly used it as much as he could to build up the songs. It's hardly being respectful.

I would have been livid if I was her father out there.

Moffo

Referee
did you believe what he was saying about being forced to perform - that there'd be a riot if he didn't get on stage?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
did you believe what he was saying about being forced to perform - that there'd be a riot if he didn't get on stage?

Whether I believe it or not is irrelevant, and to be honest, blaming the cops and the organisers for the death is also irrelevant.

I'm not commenting on those remarks, I'm talking about the following 30 minutes that he'd use every opportunity to drop a comment to build up a song... It wasn't done with any tact whatsoever, but Durst has never been renowned for his tact.

I thought it was a nice sentiment to begin with, then it turned to shit real quick.

natheel

Coach
Ok here is my run down

Saves the day: awful band 2/10

Steel panther: Amazing performance so much fun. 8.5/10

Lost prophets: solid sound but boring stage performance 5/10

Alterbridge: loved it 7.5/10

Bad religion: great band always love them, only watched half their set though 7/10

Biohazard: caught the last 2 songs. f**king awful 0/10

In this moment: great musical sound but couldn't hear the vocals properly because she just screamed 3/10

Limp bizkit: old school fun, nice tribute to Jessica too 7/10

Marilyn Manson: terrible 3/10

Letlive: WOW!! most anticipated band of the day and they were full of energy and sounded good live 9/10

The used: meh sounded ok 5/10

System of a down: they should never take another hiatus 9/10

natheel

Coach
Meh I like durst.

I think it was nice to bring her up and tribute her but only for one song.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I went a different route to all you guys...

Unwritten law: Don't know what you guys are talking about. I really enjoyed them. Throwing in the grinspoon cover was a nice touch

Switchfoot: I sknow they are an unbelievably good band, and i can tell they were nailing their set, but the sound at stage 7 was abismal... don't know if it improved later, but you could hardly make out what song was being played.

You me at six: saw the end of their set. quality pop-punk

Relient K: They were either going to play old stuff (nostalgia), or new stuff, which is great regardless. Flawless set

Four Year Strong: Couldn't hear guitars, but the circle opened up alright, so i ran a few laps to work off the gozleme. Just a collection of fun punk rock songs

Bad religion: They've never really done anything for me. But i reckon a fan would have enjoyed the set.

Limp Bizkit: Only saw the start of their set. Massive response from the crowd. I was never a big fan of theirs... their brand of swear-rock always seemed gratuitous and juvenile to me, even as a 12 year old. But they were good. Would have liked to have seen the rest, but had other places to be, such as

Dashboard confessional: Few artists could capture a crowd at soundwave with an acoustic set. Chris Carrabba nailed it.... I'll say it, best voice at soundwave 2012

Forever the sickest kids: A band almost everyone on this forum would roll their eyes at... but i really liked them. high energy pop-punk in their own unique way. and a surprisingly good pit

Marilyn Manson: I went to see him, cause i thought it would at least be entertaining... He was terrible. Massive disrespect to his fans to go on stage in that state... or maybe they respect him for that...? surely not

Jacks Mannequin: My pick of the day. Piano rock at it's very best. Glad they didn't cop a 30 minute set too... they are too good a band for that. Everything about their set was perfect.

Slipknot: Not a fan. Never have been. Never will be. But of the 20 minutes I saw of them they were excellent... don't know what the hell they were doing on stage at times, but the crowd seemed into it :p

The Used: They were ok. Bert McCrackin really struggles to keep up with vocally... Fair enough, he's the only real vocalist and he does a lot of screaming, but if he can't do it live, why write songs like that? Anyway, they played mostly old stuff, which is what i was hoping for

System of a down: Only saw about 20 minutes of them, from the very, very back of the arena. They were sick. Once again, not really my sort of thing, but they sounded great from where I was, so must have sounded much better up close.

The Cab: I would describe these guys as pop-pop-pop-pop-rock... but unbelievably catchy. Their audience was predominately female... which made me feel a little strange knowing most of the words...

Angels and Airwaves: Saw about 40 minutes of their set before my lift decided he wanted to go... seemed Delonge was actively avoiding talking to the crowd at times... maybe he just wanted to keep the music going to surpress the blink-182 chants that probably would have started with any extended period of silence. Good set. He is a much better vocalist when he isn't pretending to be a guitarist

That's it. Very close to my fav Soundwave. Was kept pretty busy most of the day, and got to have a look at all the headliners. I was thinking the should incorporate ANZ stadium into the festival for stages 1 and 2 if that are planning on having massive headliners again... Blink would be nice ;)

Last edited:

BLKOUT!

Juniors
I was so close to forking out $200 on ebay for a ticket to the Melbourne show about an hour ago, then I checked the timetable just to put together a schedule and it turns out pretty much 80% of the bands I wanted to check out are all clashing, made it a very easy non-purchase for me lol

runatme

Bench
i was there in 2001 and the crowd that day was almost like a full fledged riot i knew something terrible was going to happen

franklin2323

Immortal
Limp Bizkit were without a doubt the worst live band I've ever seen, and the way they milked the death of that girl from the BDO in 01 was nothing short of disgusting IMO. By all means have a tribute but the way they did it was completely tasteless. Durst is such a douchebag. Not related to durst, but having an overlay of jessica for 30 minutes on the big screen, whilst getting chicks to flash their tits is also super respectful.

Each to their own. Limp are a band you either like or don't. I would hope her father had a bit to say in the tribute. The fact they ditched Break Stuff for him makes me think he was. If me I wouldn't of wanted anything said but he is the one that counts I guess.

franklin2323

Immortal
i was there in 2001 and the crowd that day was almost like a full fledged riot i knew something terrible was going to happen

It was crazy. I was in the D for Slipknot as well and Limp's was more crazy.

But band of the day was Alter Bridge by far. Great Show!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Each to their own. Limp are a band you either like or don't. I would hope her father had a bit to say in the tribute. The fact they ditched Break Stuff for him makes me think he was. If me I wouldn't of wanted anything said but he is the one that counts I guess.

Not about whether it's a band whether I like or not, I've always thought they're a band for 12 years who still think swearing is funny. I just thought the tribute was pretty immaturely done, with a bit of self flagellation thrown in there. As I said, it started off with a nice sentiment, then all I was doing, along with many of my mates who were there, was cringing. Maybe I'm just getting too old to think it was a cool tribute, especially when I'm not a fan of their music.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Yeah and quality aswell no saggy old titties. A Day to remember was all boobs

Lol when I saw ADTR at No Sleep Til there was some girl sitting on this fat guys shoulders flashing them every 15 seconds, she was alright too at least a 7.5/10 then when fatty tried to get a kiss she pushed him away and called her bf over. Felt bad for him.

in order of what i saw yesterday

Hyro Da Hero - only saw one song but he sounded a hellva lot like RATM - 7/10

Pinkerton/Saves The Day - pretty much meh typical pop punk - 2/10

Steel Panther - for me they were one of the best bands of the day. the band interaction was lolworthy - 10/10

Lost Prophets - sounded rubbish - 1/10

HellYeah - worst band of the day imo, their hillbilly/redneck metal just doesnt do it for me - 1/10

Alter Bridge - havent heard much off their music before yesterday but they sounded pretty tight and it was good to see a cameo from Slash - 8/10

A Day To Remember - typical generic mainstream hardcore - 3/10

Bush - not too bad really i enjoyed their set - 8/10

Bad Religion - good old school punk - 9/10

Limp Bizkit - they were pretty good but too many rowdy merkins there which ruined it for me - 5/10

Mastodon - a very tight band and just plain awesome - 10/10

Marilyn Manson - he sounded woeful and jibbered on too much - 1/10

Hatebreed - they always put on a good show - 10/10

Slipknot - their set just dragged on and on, left their set with half an hour to go - 6/10

Cro Mags - some excellent old school hardcore - 7/10

Conditions - never heard of them before, their punk stylings werent too bad, kinda felt sorry for them because there was bugger all people there watching them - 7/10

Angels and Airwaves - i cant remember tom talking to the crowd at all during the part of the set i saw but it was a very tight preformance - 9/10

Raised Fist - the energy from the performance was unbelievable, they are the best hardcore band going around atm - 10/10

adamkungl

Immortal
How do I always manage to get through these festivals without seeing a single boob :lol:

Started with Holy Grail in the morning, who were very good in front of a small morning crowd. Unfortunately the metal stage was running about 15 mins early so I missed all but the last couple of songs of Chimaira, but enjoyed what I saw. Black Dahlia Murder put on a good show, then headed to Steel Panther. Caught the end of Saves the Day which was pretty much too gay for words. Steel Panther were excellent and hilarious "The best the about younger girls is you can blow your load in their vagina and THEY DONT GET PREGNANT!" :lol:

Sat up the back for Alter Bridge and ADTR which both looked enjoyable but it was time for a rest. Then came a marathon of In Flames, Trivium, Mastodon, Lamb of God, Black Label Society. 5 sets either standing or moshing, all were excellent, Lamb of God went f**king off and we were on the fence. Was completely dead after that, sat down to watch a bit of SOAD and recover before heading back to the circle pit for Machine f**king Head.

Enjoyed the whole day, the metal stage went off, I've never seen so many people as were packed into the showground for Slipknot and Soad, f**king epic.

Sunburned, sore all over, especially my neck, totally worth it.

Dani

Immortal
Dashboard confessional: Few artists could capture a crowd at soundwave with an acoustic set. Chris Carrabba nailed it.... I'll say it, best voice at soundwave 2012

So glad to hear that. Going to the sidey on Wednesday and i can't wait. I've seen Dashboard 6 times but never a solo show by Chris. So excited now.

Latest posts