What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swimming

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
They presumably challenged the validity of the electronic equipment. This is where the human intervention occurred. The decision went Phelps way and they declared it fine.

Which proves my point that people on this forum are full of negativity not wanting to see true greatness just because some in American.

Really? In history the most individual events won at 2 Olympic games(in swimming) was 3 - held by an Australian. That win by Phelps took the record to 4 individual events being won at 2 consecutive Olympics

So don't try and claim that an Australian didn't hold that record. I'm going to assume you're not blind or stupid, so you're obviously biased and as I said before are willing to lie/cheat in order to stop a record being taken off an Australian.

I'm sure you've said before in football terms that you're not biased. Your comments in this thread on that 100m Fly result proves beyond any shadow of a doubt that you are very bisaed.

Dude. It was about Mark Spitz and Phelps. Nothing else. Sounds like a trivial record that the vast majority would not have been aware of or cared about for that matter.

I agree, the tall poppy syndrome is at work. I don't think it is about being Australian though.

Shorty

Staff member
You're blind then.

The first frame that Tom posted has Phelps full hands on the wall.

The Serbs fingertips are just touching the wall.

And just to let you know El I've submitted this thread to Sore Losers. It will be the 3rd League Unlimited discussion listed on the site.
Phelps does not touch first,but he applies more pressure to the wall and that is why he won.
Stop attacking people for having a differing opinion to you.

Razor

Coach
Phelps does not touch first,but he applies more pressure to the wall and that is why he won.
Stop attacking people for having a differing opinion to you.

I'm not attacking anyone. Phelps touches first. It's not opinion, it's a fact. The reply clearly shows Phelps touching first. Because he took an extra stroke it looks like he came 2nd, but he didn't. Same as in the womens 50m Free, it looked like Steffan lost, but because she took an extra stroke that got her to the wall first, and touch 0.01s in front(like like Phelps).

As the Serb was gliding to the wall he would have been moving much slower. So 1mm from the wall he would have been in front, but Phelps making the stroke at full speed would have gained the lead then. It's a 100m race, not a 99.999m race. If the Serb took an extra stroke he would have won, but he didn't.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.skibrokeback.com/NESR/NEswimreportphp29cavice.htm
Phelps Steals Serbian Gold

DAISY DeLAURES | August 15, 2008 02:27 PM EST |
SRPSKI
Competitive swimmerBEIJING - Serbian swimmer Milorad Cavic won the 100-meter butterfly but the IOC officials want you to believe he came in second in deference to Michael Phelps' quest to top Mark Spitz's 7 gold medal record from the 1972 Olympics.

"You'd know how much respect I've got for Michael Phelps," says Cavic. He does not question the judges' final decision but should he? Is he ignorant or a part of conspiracy to defraud Serbia of its well deserved gold?

Serbian officials have been afforded an opportunity to examine the high speed video recording of the finish. A Serbian Olympic Committee member who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that although the video seemingly showed Phelps finishing a fraction of a centimeter ahead of Cavic there are still unanswered questions.

For example, the Chinese officials did not make the recording available until hours after the race providing an ample time to manipulate the images. Eyewitnesses have reported unusual activity in the section of the TV studio used by Abigophoto immediately after the race. Abigophoto is the American contractor who supplies and maintains high speed finish video equipment for sporting events.

The same official said that the Serbian Olympic team has retained services of the Swiss Advanced Optical Institute to examine the video record. "Underwater photographic photo finish is not as black and white as in let's say track and field," says Antoine Aveugle the head of Visual Forensic Division at the Institute. "Due to light refraction in water it is possible to perceive that a hand is touching a sensor although it could 1-2 centimeters away."

Micheal Phelps sponsor Omega is the official timekeeper of the games. According to a former employee the touchpad sensors installed in the pools are designed to respond to hand touch and have a very low failure rate but the electronic records are prone to manipulation unless safeguarded according to the manufacturer's guidelines.

Could it be that Micheal Phelps' purported victory over Milorad Cavic is just an optical mirage, a result of egregious manipulation of the records or all of the above? Time will show if the denial of Serbian gold is an attempt to teach the Serbian people another lesson in American covert foreign policy.

phelps_cavic.pg.jpg

Razor

Coach
Yes El, read it. The Serbian Olympic Committee admits that the video shows Phelps touching the wall first. Something you and your buddies say didn't happen.

He came 2nd, of course they're going to go on about some conspiracy theory. Same as Australia is about Jessica Schipper who came 3rd. They're whinging and whining about the 2 Chinese girls who beat her were on drugs and that they weren't blood tested after the race despite the top-5 in every event are supposed to be.

It's typical of sore losers.

The SOC are sore losers.
You're a sore loser because an Australian lost their record.
Jessica. her mother, and grand mother are sore losers to say she only lost because of cheating.
Your follow forum posters say Hackett only lost because of the winners past.

Notice the pattern - all sore losers inventing conspiracy theories.

Shorty

Staff member
Erm,the Chinese winner appeared to have the same speed the whole race...meaning she basically never went into lactic phase...so yes she could very well have possibly been on a substance.

You don't know that she hasn't,you're not the be all and end all of corrections in arguments you know.

Razor

Coach
what record are you wanking on about?

Spitz is a seppo dumbarse

Phelps lost

Read post 260

Erm,the Chinese winner appeared to have the same speed the whole race...meaning she basically never went into lactic phase...so yes she could very well have possibly been on a substance.

You don't know that she hasn't,you're not the be all and end all of corrections in arguments you know.

How do you know the Aussies that you jerk off about aren't on a substance?

El Diablo

Post Whore
what record?

nobody even knows about some obscure record let alone seem to be worried who has it

Shorty

Staff member
How do you know the Aussies that you jerk off about aren't on a substance?
LOL Says the person with a creepy obsession with Phelps:roll:

Because physically in swimming you can see the swimmers go through the energy systems.
Jess burnt out,as did most Australians that were tipped to get gold but got silver.
The Chinese swimmer kept the same intensity up from beginning to start without any sign of the lactic system kicking in.
Even Phelps does not push hard until the last lap because he knows his system can burn out.

I'm not saying she's a drug cheat but anatomically speaking that swimmer should have shown signs of fatigue like the rest in the race and she didn't.

Razor

Coach
what record?

nobody even knows about some obscure record let alone seem to be worried who has it

You clearly said "There was no Aussie record broken". Not "The 7 Gold medal record was not held by an Australian" - HUGE DIFFERENCE.

"No Aussie record ..." means exactly that. No Aussie record.

And you used the broad term for a reason, to cover all records instead of just focussing on "It wasn't an Aussie record", etc.

So you clearly knew what you were saying.

There's a reason for your bias.

You first say that the video shows the Serb touching first.

Now that even the SOC thinks you're insane and that the video clearly shows Phelps touching first, you're going along with them and their conspiracy theory that the Olympic organisers rigged the evidence.

Yes you are clearly very sane, and a very strange administrator whose job it is to stop highly defamatory comments being posted. Yet you agree that high-ranking Olympic officials, executives of one of the worlds largest companies(Omega) and others are involved in rigging a sporting result.

Razor

Coach
The Chinese swimmer kept the same intensity up from beginning to start without any sign of the lactic system kicking in.

Yet her 3rd and 4th laps were 5 seconds slower than her 1st laps

LOL Says the person with a creepy obsession with Phelps:roll:

I don't have an obsession he won 8 Gold. I'm not saying like yourself that he only won because officials rigged the results. And if he lost I wouldn't be saying the kinds of things you do about Australians who didn't win.

El Diablo

Post Whore
i've read post 260

you wankig on about some obscure record with nohing to even say who held it and a source to back it up

and i wasn't fired you nong. it's not even a job and you don't get paid

idiot

Shorty

Staff member
Yet her 3rd and 4th laps were 5 seconds slower than her 1st laps
Provide me with links for that and ta.
Watch the race on youtube and you tell me where she slows down.
Why the need to argue? You're not right,you realise...unless you're a Beijing Olympics official you're on the same page as me.
I don't have an obsession he won 8 Gold. I'm not saying like yourself that he only won because officials rigged the results. And if he lost I wouldn't be saying the kinds of things you do about Australians who didn't win.
Er point to the post where I said that please - I'm pretty sure I did Phelps has more pressure but the Serb touched first...but I could be wrong so find the post to enlighten me.

Razor

Coach
you wankig on about some obscure record with nohing to even say who held it and a source to back it up

You're the self proclaimed expert in swimming.

Afterall you could see Phelps clearly being beaten in the video despite the Serbian Olympic committee saying otherwise.

And now you are so talented and skilled in the sport of swimming that you are one of the very few supporters of the biggest sporting rig of all time.

So you would surely know, so there's no point in me telling you.

and i wasn't fired you nong

Sure you weren't.

Latest posts