What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney Semi-Final Crowd

Quint

Juniors
Sydney is a joke and is holding back Rugby League.
Are you kidding???
No-one is holding back Rugby league with this competition...
It's dead........
Apart from Australia,England.... And NZ....it's dead.
The World cup is a Farce....helped greatly by Ch9

Brutus

Referee
The tournament is not a farce, it will help develop the smaller nations down the track if the right moves are made.

Agree that Channel 9 is the farce.

Not one score above 52 during the entire tournament which is a good sign. None of these 80 point scorelines some people were predicting.

Quint

Juniors
The tournament is not a farce, it will help develop the smaller nations
No One and no Nation will develope from this total mismatch and Non event.
No one watched it,No one went to it,No one cares.....
Rightly so....unfortunately....:(

Brutus

Referee
No One and no Nation will develope from this total mismatch and Non event.
No one watched it,No one went to it,No one cares.....
Rightly so....unfortunately....:(

Better average crowds than the last 2 cricket world cups.

I'm sure there would be plenty of other "world cups" out there that would love to average 16k per game by the end of a tournament.

The drawback of having such a dominant force in a tournament (the best rugby team of either code in the world). The Aussies can't help it if they are so damn good.

Nations will develop. You just watch. I'm hearing some good plans for the international game in the future. I know union people and their 678 countries won't like it, but that's to be expected.

jdizzle

Juniors
I know amongst my group of friends no one was keen on going because it was going to be a boring match.

Also, half of them didn't know it was on and don't really like going to football games wthat start at 8pm on Sunday...

This whole tournament has been a joke - i don't care what you nincompoops (ie Brutus) say.

Yngwie_70

Juniors
r

I'm sure there would be plenty of other "world cups" out there that would love to average 16k per game by the end of a tournament.

The drawback of having such a dominant force in a tournament (the best rugby team of either code in the world). The Aussies can't help it if they are so damn good.

Nations will develop. You just watch. I'm hearing some good plans for the international game in the future. I know union people and their 678 countries won't like it, but that's to be expected.

Is it that the Aussies are so good or the rest are so bad? England were pathetic. I think nearly ALL the NRL teams would have beaten them. NZ are better but not that much. ANd the rest well, lets not mention them. I personally think that WC will not help develop the game in the Island countries as this requires money. The RLIF will not spend a centin these countries. Rugby has been played here for decades and not muc has changed.

What I find really sad though is that the commentators are cheering for the Fijians to get a break from the referee. Is this not a WC? Gus Gould berating the ref for not letting one slip by yet he would be the first to get up them if it was not in WC match.

Bring on the NRL season as there is not much to see here I am afraid!!

Quint

Juniors
Yeah...I beg to Differ.

The drawback of having such a dominant force in a tournament
Thats the Problem there...we are the only force ...sorta followed by NZ

:roll: If the 1st approach is NewGuinea then thats the right step........

jdizzle

Juniors
r

Is it that the Aussies are so good or the rest are so bad? England were pathetic. I think nearly ALL the NRL teams would have beaten them. NZ are better but not that much. ANd the rest well, lets not mention them. I personally think that WC will not help develop the game in the Island countries as this requires money. The RLIF will not spend a centin these countries. Rugby has been played here for decades and not muc has changed.

What I find really sad though is that the commentators are cheering for the Fijians to get a break from the referee. Is this not a WC? Gus Gould berating the ref for not letting one slip by yet he would be the first to get up them if it was not in WC match.

Bring on the NRL season as there is not much to see here I am afraid!!

Good post. Particularly on developing in PI nations.

Brutus

Referee
Massive colour photo of Billy Slater and Aaron Groom dominating the home page of the BBC website at the moment.

Great to see.

butchmcdick

Post Whore

The union you are talking about got 80 000 to watch the wallabies v england last night. Add to this the crowds for the games featuring scotland, Ireland, Canada, The pacific Islands, France, Nz, South Africa, Italy, Agentina and Wales over the weekend and I should think they would sh*t all over a 16 000 crowd average. I understand that for league to develop it will have to start somewhere and that this world cup has been great for tonga, samoa, png and fiji but for league to compete with union internationally will take a while.

Also cricket got 15 000 to the 20/20 clash between Australia and a bullsh*t side of old bastards and up and comers called the Adam Gilchrist allstars. IF they can pull those numbers for a nothing game and league gets about the same for a world cup semi featuring the home side something is wrong with international league in this country.

I know you are passionate about league brutus and that is fantastic. I know you want league to grow internationally but mate take off the rose coloured glasses. Until league gets organised with proper management structures and a clear vision for the future it will continue to struggle.

The tv rights in Australia and the lack of promotion of the tournament are just two examples of how those at the top are letting the game down. Until that changes nothing else will.

Loudstrat

Coach
I know amongst my group of friends no one was keen on going because it was going to be a boring match.

Also, half of them didn't know it was on and don't really like going to football games wthat start at 8pm on Sunday...

This whole tournament has been a joke - i don't care what you nincompoops (ie Brutus) say.

What else can you whinge about? You don't like the colour green? Planets not aligned properly? The ARL balls up by scheduling a semi when your pet pig Doris is on heat?

So half of your friends thought the match would be boring, even though they didn't know it was on??????

The union you are talking about got 80 000 to watch the wallabies v england last night. Add to this the crowds for the games featuring scotland, Ireland, Canada, The pacific Islands, France, Nz, South Africa, Italy, Agentina and Wales over the weekend and I should think they would sh*t all over a 16 000 crowd average. I understand that for league to develop it will have to start somewhere and that this world cup has been great for tonga, samoa, png and fiji but for league to compete with union internationally will take a while.

Also cricket got 15 000 to the 20/20 clash between Australia and a bullsh*t side of old bastards and up and comers called the Adam Gilchrist allstars. IF they can pull those numbers for a nothing game and league gets about the same for a world cup semi featuring the home side something is wrong with international league in this country.

I know you are passionate about league brutus and that is fantastic. I know you want league to grow internationally but mate take off the rose coloured glasses. Until league gets organised with proper management structures and a clear vision for the future it will continue to struggle.

The tv rights in Australia and the lack of promotion of the tournament are just two examples of how those at the top are letting the game down. Until that changes nothing else will.

You dickhead. Sheffieled Shield matches draw - what - 300 people? Origin draws 70k. How about club cricket compared to NRL? Is cricket dead?

And the Wobblies game - when was that on TV? I did hear that someone scored 1 try and 9 goals. No wonder Yawnion struggles to get on FTA TV in Australia.

When was the last time Australia v PNG or Fiji was televised in anything? Oh yeah, I remember - the Kangaroos v Fiji test in Newcastle in '97.

Keep whinging, knob jockeys. Instead, we'll watch some bloody entertaining Rugby League - and games where more tries are scored than in entire Yawnion tournaments.

bboy_insane

Juniors
Jees some of you take this all serious.

Lighten up!

Of course in the current league situation the world cup isn't the highest quality competition, but what do you expect? Some sort of miracle where it somehow becomes a perfectly even competition overnight?

We need world cups like this to ignite the passion in the smaller countries. I think it's great to see the fans of the islander nations (in particular) come out and cheer on their squad with huge passion.

I bet you on the streets over there everyone will be talking about it and looking forward to the next world cup and trying to develop their national teams to be more competitive in the future. This is why we are hearing talks of islander teams in the NRL! The game has the capacity to grow!

Some of you just love being negative and ripping the rlwc to shreds, but it was always going to be a case of Aussies/NZ/England dominating.

Again, we need world cups like this to promote international football so that improvements can be made over time!

Stop being little whiney bitches and try and enjoy the fact that there is some league on over the off-season.

NRLMad

Juniors
What else can you whinge about? You don't like the colour green? Planets not aligned properly? The ARL balls up by scheduling a semi when your pet pig Doris is on heat?

So half of your friends thought the match would be boring, even though they didn't know it was on??????

You dickhead. Sheffieled Shield matches draw - what - 300 people? Origin draws 70k. How about club cricket compared to NRL? Is cricket dead?

And the Wobblies game - when was that on TV? I did hear that someone scored 1 try and 9 goals. No wonder Yawnion struggles to get on FTA TV in Australia.

When was the last time Australia v PNG or Fiji was televised in anything? Oh yeah, I remember - the Kangaroos v Fiji test in Newcastle in '97.

Keep whinging, knob jockeys. Instead, we'll watch some bloody entertaining Rugby League - and games where more tries are scored than in entire Yawnion tournaments.

Here here .. F&*( off yawnion / AFL supporters!

Yngwie_70

Juniors
Jees some of you take this all serious.

Lighten up!

Of course in the current league situation the world cup isn't the highest quality competition, but what do you expect? Some sort of miracle where it somehow becomes a perfectly even competition overnight?

We need world cups like this to ignite the passion in the smaller countries. I think it's great to see the fans of the islander nations (in particular) come out and cheer on their squad with huge passion.

I bet you on the streets over there everyone will be talking about it and looking forward to the next world cup and trying to develop their national teams to be more competitive in the future. This is why we are hearing talks of islander teams in the NRL! The game has the capacity to grow!

Some of you just love being negative and ripping the rlwc to shreds, but it was always going to be a case of Aussies/NZ/England dominating.

Again, we need world cups like this to promote international football so that improvements can be made over time!

Stop being little whiney bitches and try and enjoy the fact that there is some league on over the off-season.

I am going to Fiji this Friday for a holiday. I will watch the final there somewhere. I will let you know of the reaction to it over there

Latest posts