What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tactics vs illawarra

Special K

Coach
We need a forward to strike fear into them. Dumas would have been the man but he got sent and was seen on beer hill last weekend.

Gallen and Bailey need to get in there and cause some trouble. Bash them out of the game...

$h@rk$

Juniors
-dont get penalized
-dont get the crowd in ur minds
-keep those legs pumping until ur unconscious
-kimmorley, please give it ur all
-rush up in defence to get dominant tackles
-quick play the balls
-exploit the centres
-start a fight to get pumped like against storm
-show the mighty, relentless sharks outfit attitude
-put big hits
-mark up on their halves
-chips and grubbers may or may not be efficient
-no silly mistakes
-they will underestimate u in the opening half go all out then and lead by two or more tries n focus on defence in second half
-inside and short balls to hit the holes on forwards and weak defenders
-mark up your own man, do not let them overlap or draw the winger in
-they will attempt crossfield kicks, wingers should be ready to jump high
-offloads will be needed (good ones)
-defence always in a line
-reshufle team and bring ciraldo n scott back in

Frenzy.

Post Whore
KISS theory will win this one. Would take all the bandwidth to write a complete plan.

Premium ball security.
Rushing defence - that doesn't miss. Must go for dominance.
Ball movement and bodies in motion.
MINIMAL inside balls till second half when they are tired
LONG kicking game - do not play in our half.
Short kicks - go for repeat sets.
Goal line defence - get up and meet them. NO shooters off the line.
Use shooters on kickers. In fact take out the kicker at every chance. Risk the penalty but get them looking.
Push the envelope generally. Knees up, elbows up etc in attack. Do what has to be done in defence.
It's a semi. It's about standover. The bigger bully wins.

Father Ted

First Grade
Other things to do 1 Have a born again christian revival meeting prior to kick off and hope that the Lord doesn't think your crap .
2 Put zinc cream and a condom on Millersnose , you still won't win but you'll have safe sex .

Inferno

Coach
In all honesty if we haven't had a decent game plan all f**king year, what the hell makes anyone think this game would be any different.

CJS has the right idea though. Wonder if anyone important will know what to do.

I'd add to try an offload as much as possible, tires the defence.

roboshark

Coach
Inferno said:
In all honesty if we haven't had a decent game plan all f**king year, what the hell makes anyone think this game would be any different.

CJS has the right idea though. Wonder if anyone important will know what to do.

I'd add to try an offload as much as possible, tires the defence.

are u saying that the captain isnt important?;-)

Mong

Post Whore
Concern about this weekends game??

Why for??

Sharks have shown that they have nothing...

Nothing to be concerned about here...

Inferno

Coach
roboshark said:
are u saying that the captain isnt important?;-)

LOL

Not at all I meant someone able to actually make a difference. Its all well and good for us to speculate but at the end of the day we don't really have the power to change anything on the field unfortunately.:(

Play the match like a old fashioned local derby, get stuck in there early.

If we kick off put the ball high in early like the match against parra early in season, have ball come down around 20 metre, and just smash the defensless catcher, good chance this will be a back, that will start putting them off there game

Sledge every chance we get

If Dykes out play Mellor & Scott in centres, when in attacking 20, go 2 passes wide, then bring Scott and Mellor inside, they bust first tackles on numerous occassions.

Have Vagana putting grubbers inside 20.

Kimmorley run ball to line with Peach & Vagana supporting inside.

Smash Ryles & Bailey on the first hit up, they go hiding when the rough stuff is on.

Pre game Raper, put the 1973 GF on, thats will pump the players up

SHD

Juniors
Do you blokes realise that all your "tactics" read like a manual on football for dummies? It's all just common sense...
"long kicks don't play in our own half"
"Markers must work"
"Premium ball security"
"go for complete sets"
"slow down the play the ball"

If your team were good enough to do these things in the first place, they'd be playing at Shark Park this weekend instead of heading south for a slaughter.

effnic

Bench
i agree with immortal it is really funny looking at you guys calculating up your plays when i think the nrl world knows your gone if i was raper i would just tell the boys dont worry about attack put everything you have got into defence and keep the dragons 30 ahead instead of 90 oh boy im glad we are playing a non hindmarsh parra should be easier than the dragons which will take out this years premiership.

The Popper

Bench
Clark being ref may not be so bad for us. Over the years he's cost Saints more than he's cost us. Cost them a loss to the Bulldogs and a finals spot once.

Ozzwald

Juniors
I am a rabid Dragons supporter. I have been for over 28 years, since litterally before I can remember. However, I was raised in Cronulla. So unlike most of the Saints fans I know, I don't have this hated for the Sharkies. In fact, they are my second favorite team behind St. George. I have always gone for Cronulla to beat every team other than the Dragons. As much as I like Cronulla, I adore Saints & always have. And it's times like these, when Saints have the opportunity to really hurt Cronulla & end their season (rather than just a regular premiership round) that I really delight in. Saturday night will be no different for me. The Dragons will belt Cronulla & I will be lapping it up!!! There will be a vauge shade of remorse for the Sharkies (but not much).

I just wish this was the grand final!!! ;)

carcharias

Immortal
Ozzwald said:
I am a rabid Dragons supporter. I have been for over 28 years, since litterally before I can remember. However, I was raised in Cronulla. So unlike most of the Saints fans I know, I don't have this hated for the Sharkies. In fact, they are my second favorite team behind St. George. I have always gone for Cronulla to beat every team other than the Dragons. As much as I like Cronulla, I adore Saints & always have. And it's times like these, when Saints have the opportunity to really hurt Cronulla & end their season (rather than just a regular premiership round) that I really delight in. Saturday night will be no different for me. The Dragons will belt Cronulla & I will be lapping it up!!! There will be a vauge shade of remorse for the Sharkies (but not much).

I just wish this was the grand final!!! ;)
2nd favourite teams are for idiots ....now f**k off.

millersnose

Post Whore
Father Ted said:
Put zinc cream and a condom on Millersnose , you still won't win but you'll have safe sex .

no thanks ted

why are all these illawarra fans offering their bums to me for sex?

Latest posts