What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu $400k

MrT

Juniors
It's reported in todays SMH that we're offering Tahu a massive $400k a year deal. That isthe most ridiculous thing I've ever heard if true. We offered the same amount to get Orford who we needed more than Tahu.

$400k for a winger that doesn't kick goals

Stagger eel

Staff member
if you read the report closely it says up to 400K!!

I don't know whether to take that story as being gospel! however one things for sure if he ends up at Moanly! we were never meant to get him.

RainMan

Juniors
Good luck to Parra if they get him. That is a hell of a lot of money, be it 300k+ for a winger/centre.

half

Coach
well forrest gump was dumb and things turned out pretty well for him. so let's keep our fingers crossed for parramatta

fish eel

Immortal
Just because the tele says we are offering 400K doesn't mean we have.

Also, the total sum of what we have offered, is, probably like Riddell, part of a package with incentives.

Also, given we are under the cap this year thanks to Lyon, maybe we are using Manly's trick and offering a juicy sign on fee, which counts towards this years cap.

And finally, if we want to attract the real elite players (which Tahu is, Aust/NSW rep), you gotta show them the money.

Freak

Juniors
Not possible!
Someone is speculating, and they are way off the mark.

Let's put it this way. If Tahu is worth $400,000 what's Hindy and Cayless worth this time next year when off contract???

Who wrote this crap anyway!!

Eels Dude

Coach
I really hope this is rubbish. It's probably Ray Hadley making an anonamous tip so that there's more bad publicity for his buddy Smith. Even Brian Smith isn't crazy enough to pay 400k for a winger.

The Colonel

Immortal
If he comes Tahu will play centre..... :D so $400k for a centre who has played rep football for Aust. and NSW is pretty good. ;-)

Missa

Juniors
thats alot of money...u guys will suffer if u pay him that....dont forget he is very injury prone

The Colonel

Immortal
Missa said:
thats alot of money...u guys will suffer if u pay him that....dont forget he is very injury prone

Your guys paid that for Johns and more....... and Johns spends more time off the field than on it. :lol:

Missa

Juniors
i understand eels dude...i feel for u all.....i dont want him to leave us :cry: but he will with that sort of money on the table...who wouldnt!

Eels Dude

Coach
Well that's why we're all seriously hoping that 400k is way of the mark, and even hoping 300k is off the mark as well. Good player, but not worth that amount. If 400k is the price, then I hope he goes to Manly.

The Colonel

Immortal
In the market and given our current status we have to pay the inflated prices. If we are any hope of turning things around we have to open the wallt and let them have it otherwise we will be picked apart year after year, having to rely on bargain players and players past their prime to put a team on the paddock. I had enough of that in the nineties. If the club has to pay dollars than so be it.

Missa

Juniors
Colonel Eel said:
Missa said:

Your guys paid that for Johns and more....... and Johns spends more time off the field than on it. :lol:

i realise that about johns......but thats the gamble we took...time will tell....no need to laugh about it coz i agree with u...

The Colonel

Immortal
Missa said:
Colonel Eel said:
Missa said:

i realise that about johns......but thats the gamble we took...time will tell....no need to laugh about it coz i agree with u...

I'm just laughing at the POT KETTLE BLACK reference...... we need to attract players and if we have to spend the dollars so be it.

Latest posts