What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu is a muppet: Cannon

Look at the timing week before origin, union on PAGE 9 of sunday sport.
Cannon is a f**king turd, unless your are from a upstart wanker school in the eastern or northern suburbs of sydney no one cares about the wallabies.
Bottom line is TAHU was honest, fact is this is league's pinacle because league traditional contest the ashes has faded becuse england suck.
Australia has no competition in test scene, in the past 40 years they have lost only two test series to New Zealand during 2005 tri nations(lost 3 games to kiwis) and to now minnows france in 1978, and lost the world cup in 2008, but there win percentage is around 85 percent.

Cannon can go sip wine in his tartan jacket at the eastwood club talking finance on wednesday while the rest of australia and for that matter a lot of new zealand tune into the state of origin.
its funny how rugby and afl both make out they are superior codes but whenever they want to grab a headline instead of talking about their own game :sleeper::sleeper::sleeper: they sink the boot into league

You can talk. You used to walk around at games in your robe and had a status higher than any other Parramatta 'fan'. Now all you do is come into the forum to bag Eels players (especially Hayne or haha as you call him) and that's about it.

I've got no problem with that, to be honest.

With "that" being Tahu, I think I've clearly stated that I have no problem with his words or actions. Sorry to disappoint you on this one.

You should probably actually start paying attention to what I actually say and try and look a little deeper lest you continue to display braindeadedness (there it is again!).

Arent you a teacher?

Well, you can be brain dead, right? So the state would have a word to describe it, right? A noun of some kind ala stupidity or moronity. Braindeadedness sounds right to the ear but just looks, well, kinda stupid.

Parra Guru

Coach
If Hayne goes to union, good luck to him. Everyone thought Thurston was going.

How many of these 'marquee' players they've taken from league are still playing union?

Signing players like Cooper Vuna....all that does it show that rugby union lack real player development that they've got to get league converts to make up numbers for a new S14 team......

OK lets look at a few top players, that were considered a loss to league

Mark Gasnier - Not happy, coming back to league (if he can bump his price up high enough). Never played a provincial Rugby game in Australia. Apparently not much interest from Australian clubs.
Timana Tahu - Certainly not happy, wanted to come back to league regardless. Released by ARU
Mat Rogers - Also wanted to return to league. Released by ARU.
Wendell Sailor - Ended his own career in Rugby, testing positive to Cocaine. League opens it's door.
Lote Tuqiri - Ended his own Rugby Career, Disciplinary issues. League opens it's doors.

Still playing:
Sonny Bill Williams
Ryan Cross (Rugby product)
Berrick Barnes (Rugby Product. Not really a big loss at the time though)

So actually, 2 players out of that list, sought release to come back to league because they actually missed the game, and not because they needed a contract.

This is how I'd rate them in terms of most-least successful in rugby....

1. Mat Rogers
2. Lote Tuqiri
3. Berrick Barnes
4. Wendell Sailor (Despite his issues, was probably the best signing for marketing at the time)
5. Ryan Cross
6. Sonny Bill Williams
7. Timana Tahu
8. Mark Gasnier

Now hopefully they are learning their lesson, because those bottom 3 players were paid a motza to switch. and fish, they do have their own talent at grass roots, unfortunately, they overlook these guys for marketable league players. Club Rugby has definitely suffered from it in recent years.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Look, I'm not saying that Cannon isn't a knob jockey. I dislike rugby and anyone associated with it as much as the next guy.

However...

That right there is all we need to illustrate my point.

Which would make him a mercenary.

Unfortunately the quote above takes it further than that. It comes as close to spitting upon league as you can without actually, you know, literally spitting.

Tahu is a great footballer, a great athlete. He has done some great things for us and will continue to do great things. Unfortunately, he is a selfish mercenary who has no trouble sticking the knife into the back of whatever may have contributed to his success and wealth - whether it be league or union.

There's no class in that.

totally agree with all your post

Gronk

Staff member
OK lets look at a few top players, that were considered a loss to league

Mark Gasnier - Not happy, coming back to league (if he can bump his price up high enough). Never played a provincial Rugby game in Australia. Apparently not much interest from Australian clubs.
Timana Tahu - Certainly not happy, wanted to come back to league regardless. Released by ARU
Mat Rogers - Also wanted to return to league. Released by ARU.
Wendell Sailor - Ended his own career in Rugby, testing positive to Cocaine. League opens it's door.
Lote Tuqiri - Ended his own Rugby Career, Disciplinary issues. League opens it's doors.

Still playing:
Sonny Bill Williams
Ryan Cross (Rugby product)
Berrick Barnes (Rugby Product. Not really a big loss at the time though)

So actually, 2 players out of that list, sought release to come back to league because they actually missed the game, and not because they needed a contract.

This is how I'd rate them in terms of most-least successful in rugby....

1. Mat Rogers
2. Lote Tuqiri
3. Berrick Barnes
4. Wendell Sailor (Despite his issues, was probably the best signing for marketing at the time)
5. Ryan Cross
6. Sonny Bill Williams
7. Timana Tahu
8. Mark Gasnier

Now hopefully they are learning their lesson, because those bottom 3 players were paid a motza to switch. and fish, they do have their own talent at grass roots, unfortunately, they overlook these guys for marketable league players. Club Rugby has definitely suffered from it in recent years.

There are some who have moved from the NRL and made lucrative careers.

Luke Rooney who is playing 15 at Toulon. Word on the street is that Rebels have tabled an offer to get him to Mexico but the Frogs are keen to keep him.

Craig Gower is playing 10 for Bayonne and is in big demand for next season with a few English clubs and Top14 clubs after his signature. He would be earning 3 times what he could earn in the NRL at the moment.

Don't forget cutie who just played in the final of the Heineken Cup for Biarritz in front of 82,208 fans.

Parra Guru

Coach
There are some who have moved from the NRL and made lucrative careers.

Luke Rooney who is playing 15 at Toulon. Word on the street is that Rebels have tabled an offer to get him to Mexico but the Frogs are keen to keep him.

Craig Gower is playing 10 for Bayonne and is in big demand for next season with a few English clubs and Top14 clubs after his signature. He would be earning 3 times what he could earn in the NRL at the moment.

Don't forget cutie who just played in the final of the Heineken Cup for Biarritz in front of 82,208 fans.

Yep, completely forgot about Gower and Rooney.

I guess I would count cutie as an AFL snare though. Backs up my point though that the two codes have different appeal... Union is so strong internationally but lacks a lot of interest nationally.

Hadley is a merkin I can't stand how he rips into punters who ring up just to give their 2 cents.....Ray it's a talkback radio station doesn't give u the right to rip into people and generally be a dick
someone should tell him its talkback radio not talk down to people like they are 3 year olds radio

Delboy

First Grade
I think that it is likely that Tahu was prompted on what to say when he joined Yawnion.

I can't see how he would think to say thise things, maybe I am not giving him enough kudos for working out what to say, but it doesn't seem to be the sort of thing he would come up with. I daresay he was coached by some knobjocket from the ARU

Parra Guru

Coach
I think that it is likely that Tahu was prompted on what to say when he joined Yawnion.

I can't see how he would think to say thise things, maybe I am not giving him enough kudos for working out what to say, but it doesn't seem to be the sort of thing he would come up with. I daresay he was coached by some knobjocket from the ARU

But what he said since returning to league is totally un-prompted?

I love having him at Parra, but there's no doubt he looks after #1.

Delboy

First Grade
Parra Guru, it is more that I do not trust anyone at the ARU, they have spent the past 5 years using League players at Origin time to promote a code that scored 1 try per game and who kicks the most goals.

I know that is a bit sarcastic, but I know some of the hierarchy at the ARU and they are exactly what they seem, up themselves.