What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu is a muppet: Cannon

Eels Dude

Coach
I couldn't care less what this thread was about,didn't read it,ill add whatever i want to a thread whenever i want regardless if its on topic.

So will I, so I'll add

fghfgh erkk asdjwqud ekerkkvdfje sdjshjjwerh sdjasjaJWEI VFDFJJkdi fdjfjnkdvmvmcdf sdfjj fjeiudfn.

Makes even more sense than your posts.

Gronk

Staff member
So will I, so I'll add

fghfgh erkk asdjwqud ekerkkvdfje sdjshjjwerh sdjasjaJWEI VFDFJJkdi fdjfjnkdvmvmcdf sdfjj fjeiudfn.

Makes even more sense than your posts.

Looks Icelandic. They love Rugby League up there.

The fact that people here will bag Union no matter what and defend Tahu no matter what does not in any way change the truth of what Cannon is alluding to.

Tahu's comments regarding league were disgusting yet he was happy to run back here, wasn't he?

Oh, but we can't say anything because it's Tahu, can we? We automatically have to start frothing at the mouth because one of our previous little boys is being bagged.

Tahu is a mercenary and nothing more. His comments throughout his sporting career have consistently shown that. Deal with it.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Holy sh*t.

He plays the cards dealt to him and tries to put as much passion into whatever he gets. Whether that be what he's earnt, what he's offered, or what just comes.

You are not 'born' into League or born into Union!! He's not denying some age old birthright?? He took an offer of more money and a chance on a new sport to earn it. While he was there he spoke highly of it.

Now he's back at League, and he's again, playing what's at hand.

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM??

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
PS - i say took more money with no disrespect. Will never bag out a player for accepting as much money as they can in their short careers.

Eels Dude

Coach
The fact that people here will bag Union no matter what and defend Tahu no matter what does not in any way change the truth of what Cannon is alluding to.

Tahu's comments regarding league were disgusting yet he was happy to run back here, wasn't he?

Oh, but we can't say anything because it's Tahu, can we? We automatically have to start frothing at the mouth because one of our previous little boys is being bagged.

Tahu is a mercenary and nothing more. His comments throughout his sporting career have consistently shown that. Deal with it.

You're probably right on Tahu, but overall I think Cannon is acting like a baby. It's a pretty soft of someone to resort to childish name calling and make a public personal attack on someone through a newspaper article. The guy is a grown man and I don't get why he would feel the need to make a scathing attack on him for no reason at all. If Cannon has a problem with Tahu then sort it out with him properly, instead of having a cry in the media. Just makes himself look like the wanker. That's the main issue here. And I'll defend Tahu in this instance not because he's an Eels player, but because this attack is completely unjustified.

lingard

Coach
1. The article made some fair enough points: Tahu`s comments do make him sound like a mercenary or someone with little respect for the Wallaby jersey.
2. Cannon is not a very good writer - the article wasn`t constructed very well; which is ironic because he was basically trying to point out what an idiot Tahu is.
3. Really glad to see him give Matt Rogers a wrap. Matt Rogers was by far the best League-to-Union convert, and doesn`t get enough recognition for that I think.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Tahu says what ever he needs to say in order to keep people away from investigating what he is doing career wise. He is above public and media scrutiny.

Look, I'm not saying that Cannon isn't a knob jockey. I dislike rugby and anyone associated with it as much as the next guy.

However...

And what about this dig at his old NRL brethren: "In rugby union, our players have other things to worry about than getting on the piss. They have uni degrees or go to uni and they're occupied with life outside of football. When I played league I did nothing but play league. Union is setting me up for something more."

Tahu went on to outline how he was studying for a business diploma and hoped to work in sports management upon retirement.

That right there is all we need to illustrate my point.

Tahu says what ever he needs to say in order to keep people away from investigating what he is doing career wise. He is above public and media scrutiny.

Which would make him a mercenary.

Unfortunately the quote above takes it further than that. It comes as close to spitting upon league as you can without actually, you know, literally spitting.

Tahu is a great footballer, a great athlete. He has done some great things for us and will continue to do great things. Unfortunately, he is a selfish mercenary who has no trouble sticking the knife into the back of whatever may have contributed to his success and wealth - whether it be league or union.

There's no class in that.

fish eel

Immortal
Everyone will probably stop laughing when Hayne goes over in a few years. See it doesn't matter if the game's considered boring to fans, the money is what matters to players.

Do you think they stop and think, oh but hang on, the gang on the LU forum think Rugby sucks??

Both games are going to continue to survive. There are people who can appreciate both codes, and people who don't bother and hide behind everyone else bagging each of them out because it's easy. I do have the same arguments when Union supporters bag Rugby League. Both codes have strengths and weaknesses.

If Hayne goes to union, good luck to him. Everyone thought Thurston was going.

How many of these 'marquee' players they've taken from league are still playing union?

Signing players like Cooper Vuna....all that does it show that rugby union lack real player development that they've got to get league converts to make up numbers for a new S14 team......

He was asked a question and he gave a honest answer.

I've got no problem with that, to be honest. My problem is with the automatic frothing at the mouth that comes from the fanboys (that's pretty much everyone). It's shows total braindeadedness (Hell, is that even a word? It is now!).

strider

Post Whore
what exactly did tahu say that was "disgusting"? .... he makes a fair point about hte getting on the piss thing - isn't that what is believed to be a rather big problem with league players behaving badly? too many young guys with too much money and too much spare time on their hands ..... is it the fact he bagged league that upsets you? - truth hurts?

I don't think tahu has said anything particularly wrong in the past and not now - he's not contradicting anything he has said before now - he was wrong about not going back to league, so what? ..... done nothing to warrant a personal attack of the likes of "Space cadet, peanut, pelican, impostor, mercenary and muppet." .... I bet mr intellectual brendan cannon had a good chuckle when tahu made the comments about league when he went to union, but now he simply can't handle that tahu likes playing origin more than for the wallabies - oh boo hoo

Eels Dude

Coach
I've got no problem with that, to be honest. My problem is with the automatic frothing at the mouth that comes from the fanboys (that's pretty much everyone). It's shows total braindeadedness (Hell, is that even a word? It is now!).

You can talk. You used to walk around at games in your robe and had a status higher than any other Parramatta 'fan'. Now all you do is come into the forum to bag Eels players (especially Hayne or haha as you call him) and that's about it.

winnyason

Juniors
Look at the timing week before origin, union on PAGE 9 of sunday sport.
Cannon is a f**king turd, unless your are from a upstart wanker school in the eastern or northern suburbs of sydney no one cares about the wallabies.
Bottom line is TAHU was honest, fact is this is league's pinacle because league traditional contest the ashes has faded becuse england suck.
Australia has no competition in test scene, in the past 40 years they have lost only two test series to New Zealand during 2005 tri nations(lost 3 games to kiwis) and to now minnows france in 1978, and lost the world cup in 2008, but there win percentage is around 85 percent.

Cannon can go sip wine in his tartan jacket at the eastwood club talking finance on wednesday while the rest of australia and for that matter a lot of new zealand tune into the state of origin.

Latest posts