What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu is a muppet: Cannon

hineyrulz

Post Whore
disagree totally - the guy is a dickhead .... if all Tahu said is what gronk wrote, ie in HIS OPINION, HE feels more passion pulling on a SOO jersey than a wallaby OR kangaroo jersey, then brendan cannon is a twat for even taking offence - seriously .... and to then go on a childish public name calling rant makes a mockery of the whole union people are more civilised thing :lol:

Tahu never said, union is sh*t I regret ever going there .... he never said, all those positives I said about union before are bullsh*t (they still stand, nothing he said has contradicted them) ..... he simply said HE feels more playing SOO than anything else big that he's done - ffs he's even acknowledging that the wallabies and kangaroos are big things by saying it, just that he feels more playing SOO
Spot on, Cannon has come out looking like a jealous Union Pratt.

Parra Guru

Coach
The fact remains that Tahu de-valued a jumper that a lot of guys would kill to wear. Cannon retaliated. I'd expect nothing less from a guy who wore the jumper 42 times (oh sorry, Brendan who?).

Tahu got the desired reaction, or the NRL's desired reaction. And Cannon's comments seem to have everyones t!ts in a twist too.

Some of his arguement is valid, however considering he player for the Reds, Waratahs and Force through his career, I wouldn't expect him to understand the importance of interstate rivalry.

SDM

First Grade
The fact remains that Tahu de-valued a jumper that a lot of guys would kill to wear. Cannon retaliated. I'd expect nothing less from a guy who wore the jumper 42 times (oh sorry, Brendan who?).

Tahu got the desired reaction, or the NRL's desired reaction. And Cannon's comments seem to have everyones t!ts in a twist too.

Some of his arguement is valid, however considering he player for the Reds, Waratahs and Force through his career, I wouldn't expect him to understand the importance of interstate rivalry.

I disagree, in Rugby, they dont have interstate rivalry, as it has nothing to do with where you are from, he played for QLD and NSW.

strider

Post Whore

but he didn't devalue it - it was a statement about how highly he values the NSW jumper - it was just his personal experience of the different things, nothing more ..... his statement actually says the wallaby and kangaroo jumpers are big things, but NSW origin is bigger in his eyes

cannon has over-reacted like a first class twat

natheel

Coach
The only person from union to say anything is cannon and it was what 2-3 days later? Obviously other union heads don't give a sh*t

hineyrulz

Post Whore

So he played for the Wannabes 42 times and i haven't got a clue who he is :lol: That says a lot about the state of Union in this country.........

Last edited:

Parra Guru

Coach
...yet they continue to hit the NRL where it hurts and take their marquee players.

And it probably just shows you don't watch Rugby. The fact that you don't know who he is, isn't actually a reflection on the sport as a whole.

fish eel

Immortal
...yet they continue to hit the NRL where it hurts and take their marquee players.

And it probably just shows you don't watch Rugby. The fact that you don't know who he is, isn't actually a reflection on the sport as a whole.

cooper vuna a marque? :lol: :lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore

I have watched the game in the past, it's just a game i could never get into. To many stoppages,to much kicking and just an inferior game all round. But you'd think i would have a clue about a bloke who played for his country 42 times???? The name rang a bell but i had to google him to find out who he was. I think that says plenty about the profile of Union in this country.

Parra Guru

Coach
Everyone will probably stop laughing when Hayne goes over in a few years. See it doesn't matter if the game's considered boring to fans, the money is what matters to players.

Do you think they stop and think, oh but hang on, the gang on the LU forum think Rugby sucks??

Both games are going to continue to survive. There are people who can appreciate both codes, and people who don't bother and hide behind everyone else bagging each of them out because it's easy. I do have the same arguments when Union supporters bag Rugby League. Both codes have strengths and weaknesses.

SDM

First Grade
I couldn't care less what this thread was about,didn't read it,ill add whatever i want to a thread whenever i want regardless if its on topic.

Good for you, I never asked you to stay on topic, merely pointed out what a dumbf**k you are.

SDM

First Grade
Everyone will probably stop laughing when Hayne goes over in a few years. See it doesn't matter if the game's considered boring to fans, the money is what matters to players.

Do you think they stop and think, oh but hang on, the gang on the LU forum think Rugby sucks??

Both games are going to continue to survive. There are people who can appreciate both codes, and people who don't bother and hide behind everyone else bagging each of them out because it's easy. I do have the same arguments when Union supporters bag Rugby League. Both codes have strengths and weaknesses.

All recent correspondence from ARU suggest that they will not top-up the salaries of players. So earnings are capped at approx $220,000 p/a and any extra money depends on Wallabies selection, hence why Gaz is not interested.

The feel the RL players were not worth it long term, and all future recruitment for NRL players to play for Australian franchises of S14 will be confined to fringe 1st graders, like Saffy and Vuna.

Parra Guru

Coach
Yeah they definitely haven't adapted to it well. The exceptions being Barnes and Cross who were both Rugby schoolboys.

The defensive part of the game is totally different, which is where T struggled. Mind you, the game Cannon talked about in Pretoria was just one of those days where things just went wrong for him. He got shown up badly but it's not a true reflection of his ability. He wasn't good enough for the Wallabies, but wasn't really supported well enough by the coaches at the Waratahs.