What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu out, Monaghan in and Andrew Johns quits over racism row before S.O.O. II

Timana: like him or hate him?

• Love him. Took a stand against racism.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Publicity whore. Sook. Harden the f**k up.

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Timana who? Meh

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

nrlnrl

First Grade
There is absolutely nothing (and I genuinely mean that) anyone could say that would offend me enough to not play a game of touch footy on Monday nights - let alone an origin.

Seriously, I cannot even begin to fathom how ridiculously sensitive some people are. Harden up.

you must have had your phone turned off when the selectors rang, they picked one of your Raiders instead...

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Someone I know who is close to Timana says that the comments hit a personal nerve. His words were "they were a little to close to home".

Skinner

Coach
Pumped for Monnas, he was unfairly dropped to begin with, glad to see he's got the chance to reclaim a spot he didnt deserve to lose

go hard monnas

Tahu's a f**king sook. Thats two codes a SOO team he's walked out on now. Better off without the mug

On the nail there mate.

Lambretta

First Grade
Timana has been offended by an individual's comment and he walks out. I'm glad he's gone if that reflects his passion for the Sky Blue jersey. FMD, that's pathetic. Timana, you're not playing for the assistant coach. You are playing for NSW. We need to beat QLD and you turn it up because you've been offended. Wow. Never to be considered for selection ever again. Simply does not possess the burning desire needed to play origin.

I wonder how likely he would have been to walk out had it been NSW going for a 5th straight series?

Maybe Timana was looking for an excuse not to play and be blamed for the fail.

Monaghan's lack of game time this season is a serious concern, but at least he's an ACTUAL winger and will be better defensively and my god he can catch a bomb so we've probably gained over Tahu leaving. I would prefer we found someone with magical powers and electric speed to add to the arsenal, but there isnt anyone that combines ALL those qualities. Monaghan has been there before, is a winger and I think he is a right sided player, so he is a logical choice.

Last edited:

nehalem

Juniors
The blues have had ZERO success since joey johns has been on board the last few years...co-incidence? I say get rid of him , every time i hear him on radio it's sounds like he has been on a big bender the night before . The origin team needs a coach not a past has been who misses the good old day's and just wants to get on it with the boys . His "coaching" career is interesting to say the least , trouble seems to follow him -2008 as a "mentor" to tim smith at the eels ,who then goes on benders all year , advisor coach to the bulldogs in 2008 -their worst season on record ,the place melts down before getting the spoon , 08/09 skills coach to the knights - nuff said, the blues 08/09/10 ..nuff said . hmm.

You make a very good point.

timka4

Bench
I can't believe he said that f**king sh*t when he hopped codes, just when he was one of my former Newcastle Heroes I find out he spoke this rubbish... What an absolute dickhead

Apey

Staff member
First it was Buderus, then it was Kurt Gidley and now it's f**king Andrew Johns costing NSW.

Common denominator? f**king Newcastle!

Springs

First Grade
First it was Buderus, then it was Kurt Gidley and now it's f**king Andrew Johns costing NSW.

Common denominator? f**king Newcastle!

The worst thing Buderus did was leave. Much rather him be there than Ennis.

Slackboy72

Coach
Anyone else think Luke Burt is worth a go?

<silence>

tumbleweed004gi3.gif

The Tank

Bench
Maybe they were talking about Folau leaving and he said something like "all code-swappers are wankers" or something... I dunno... I can't think of anything, other than it being racial...

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Maybe they were talking about Folau leaving and he said something like "all code-swappers are wankers" or something... I dunno... I can't think of anything, other than it being racial...

lol that would be terrible if he was called a wanker!

Latest posts