What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu out, Monaghan in and Andrew Johns quits over racism row before S.O.O. II

Timana: like him or hate him?

• Love him. Took a stand against racism.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Publicity whore. Sook. Harden the f**k up.

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Timana who? Meh

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

RedVfaithful

Juniors
Typical tahu, thing get difficult and he walks away from his problems, his done it to nsw nrl and unioun. He should never be picked for origin again, leaving 5 days before one of the biggest state of origin games for nsw

sarahk

Juniors
is there a video floating around on youtube of Tahu on the footy show, im reading he snapped at robbo or something

awfully defensive of a guy who's just left his team mates and state in the lurch on the eve of their greatest challenge because he's a little to f**king precious to deal with a joke.

He didn't snap it he just pushed him away because Robbo is an annoying defect and kept shoving vegetables in tahu's face.

And don't make judgments about how precious Tahu was, how do you know what was said?

Ali's Choice

Juniors
Obviously I have no idea what was said.

But I wonder what would make someone quit SOO like Tahu has?

Either has to be racially based, or perhaps Johns said something about Tahu's mrs?

Loudstrat

Coach
So can you pick the small Origin game he should have walked out on?

LOL at people whinging that he "walked out" on Union. F*ck some people are desperate!

Raider_69

Post Whore
And don't make judgments about how precious Tahu was, how do you know what was said?

I dont know what was said, but i know johns and tahu have known each other for years, i know Tahu would have spent alot of time around johns, i know johns is a twat and i've not spent much time around him at all, so im assuming that Tahu knows johns is a twat

So johns is twat and says something twatish. Im sure this is not the first time thats happened for Johns. Instead of Tahu talking to him about it and them sorting it out without throwing the camp into disary, he leaves camp and doesnt answer Johns' call. We know they mates so anything Johns said i highly doubt, he ment to offend Tahu, i mean you take the piss out of your mates but how often do you actually say something to a mate designed to actually offend them in a serious way?

So if Tahu wasnt so precious, one would think he'd give a mate the time of day to apologise and move on, instead he's chucked his toys out of the pram and taken his ball and gone home. Precious stuff imo

Scarves

Juniors
What possibly could have been said that is bad enough for Timana to leave the NSW Rep team? These guys "hack" on each other all week as part of team bonding, this reaction, for whatever the reason, and I know I do not know the reason but this reaction appears absolutley way over the top massive throw the toys out of the cot drama.

Sometimes people lack perspective and just live in their little world, this appears to be that sort of situation for sure. Lucky Timana wasn't in Cambodia, he may have been teased about having two legs and two arms. Then where would the world be.

This would never happen to the Queensland team, instead all the players fight for their players. Absolutely Captain Bizzare..

Shorty

Staff member
I dont know what was said, but i know johns and tahu have known each other for years, i know Tahu would have spent alot of time around johns, i know johns is a twat and i've not spent much time around him at all, so im assuming that Tahu knows johns is a twat

So johns is twat and says something twatish. Im sure this is not the first time thats happened for Johns. Instead of Tahu talking to him about it and them sorting it out without throwing the camp into disary, he leaves camp and doesnt answer Johns' call. We know they mates so anything Johns said i highly doubt, he ment to offend Tahu, i mean you take the piss out of your mates but how often do you actually say something to a mate designed to actually offend them in a serious way?

So if Tahu wasnt so precious, one would think he'd give a mate the time of day to apologise and move on, instead he's chucked his toys out of the pram and taken his ball and gone home. Precious stuff imo
While you do have sort of a point, do you think it's wise to speak when little is known about the story?

If it were in fact racial related, you have no right speaking on what Tahu should and shouldn't do - You're not in his shoes.

There's so many armchair experts on this forum, about a number of things.

What is the go with Tahu ??...he comes back into the game with all fanfare and then acts like a princess to the media with the Slater/Hayne issue and now this...

Got to wonder is he is a bit precious.

applesauce

Bench
While you do have sort of a point, do you think it's wise to speak when little is known about the story?

If it were in fact racial related, you have no right speaking on what Tahu should and shouldn't do - You're not in his shoes.

If it was a racial slur, Joey isn't racist or he wouldn't of been mates with him for as many years. I'm not defending it but going on Raiders point surely there was no malice or Gayne and LLL would of been up in Joey's face and Joey would of been the one leaving/pushed out of camp. Tahu should of sat down with him and sorted it out even though Johns is in the wrong.

Raider_69

Post Whore

fair point, but even if it is racial bound. Mates rib mates about all kinds of sh*t, i get ribbed for my lisp, one of my mates gets ribbed for his lazy eye, one for being a Mediterranean Descendant, another for being adopted, and other for being black. Its just a laugh, and if one of us steps over the line, we apologise and get on with matters

the fact its your mates, you KNOW he's not saying it to genuinely upset or offend you, so in that circumstance its pretty easy to tell a mate he over stepped the mark, he apologies and everyone moves on.

perhaps me and my mates are a rare breed but i highly doubt it, i imagine this is common amongst most mates.
To me it sounds like Tahu's either got some other issues at play here and what ever the comment was just tipped him over the, that or he's just too precious.

I guess there is a line that even if a mate crossed it, you'd be pretty pissed ie. something about your partner, so if its something like that, i guess id have to retract my remarks. So i guess what im saying in a round about way, is fair point.

murraymob

Coach
Regardless of what was said

Has he achieved anything by walking out.If it was racially motivated there are channels he could have taken a complaint to and achieved far more.All he done now is make himself look like a sook and nothing has been resolved.
When nsw win it will just show he should not have been there in the first place

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
According to reports he said something that has 'offended' Tahu, which I think is stupid because I reckon Tahu is being insensitive and a big baby. FFS it's just a comment!

Latest posts