What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tahu out, Monaghan in and Andrew Johns quits over racism row before S.O.O. II

Timana: like him or hate him?

• Love him. Took a stand against racism.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Publicity whore. Sook. Harden the f**k up.

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Timana who? Meh

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters

broncos2011

It is so funny. Brendan Cannon smashed Tahu in an article and this confirms what a baby he is.

NSW wont ever pick him again knowing what a liability he is.

Frailty

First Grade
I do find it funny how quickly people are labelling Tahu as soft or precious.

I will reserve my judgement until the comments are made public - it would have to be something very serious to get a player to leave State of Origin.

Shorty

Staff member
fair point, but even if it is racial bound. Mates rib mates about all kinds of sh*t, i get ribbed for my lisp, one of my mates gets ribbed for his lazy eye, one for being a Mediterranean Descendant, another for being adopted, and other for being black. Its just a laugh, and if one of us steps over the line, we apologise and get on with matters

the fact its your mates, you KNOW he's not saying it to genuinely upset or offend you, so in that circumstance its pretty easy to tell a mate he over stepped the mark, he apologies and everyone moves on.

perhaps me and my mates are a rare breed but i highly doubt it, i imagine this is common amongst most mates.
To me it sounds like Tahu's either got some other issues at play here and what ever the comment was just tipped him over the, that or he's just too precious.

I guess there is a line that even if a mate crossed it, you'd be pretty pissed ie. something about your partner, so if its something like that, i guess id have to retract my remarks. So i guess what im saying in a round about way, is fair point.
'
It's not a rare breed, I mean the same stuff happens with my mates and I have a mate that gets ribbings about being black at times as well, but I know that he doesn't exactly love it.
I don't know if this is what applies to the situation though.

It's obviously pretty big though, he left very quickly.
Oh nooo did I hurt your feelings? Timana is that you? twig.
Don't you have saturday shopping to do? Hang out around the movies or something?
Off you go, adults are talking.

Raider_69

Post Whore
'

It's obviously pretty big though, he left very quickly.

Did he though?
The comment was apparently made wednesday, Monaghan was called at 6pm last night. So thats at least 2 days he's had before deciding he needed to go.
Hardly "very quickly" is it?

ironhorse

Juniors
The blues have had ZERO success since joey johns has been on board the last few years...co-incidence? I say get rid of him , every time i hear him on radio it's sounds like he has been on a big bender the night before . The origin team needs a coach not a past has been who misses the good old day's and just wants to get on it with the boys . His "coaching" career is interesting to say the least , trouble seems to follow him -2008 as a "mentor" to tim smith at the eels ,who then goes on benders all year , advisor coach to the bulldogs in 2008 -their worst season on record ,the place melts down before getting the spoon , 08/09 skills coach to the knights - nuff said, the blues 08/09/10 ..nuff said . hmm.

broncos2011

Timana called Patterson who suggested he try crying in his room first however that didn't work so he left. Hence the delay.

Shorty

Staff member
Did he though?
The comment was apparently made wednesday, Monaghan was called at 6pm last night. So thats at least 2 days he's had before deciding he needed to go.
Hardly "very quickly" is it?
Well in the contexts of things, yes.
He spoke to Bellamy and left immediately after that - Considering he had an appearance on Thursday to do...

Shorty

Staff member
I do find it funny how quickly people are labelling Tahu as soft or precious.

I will reserve my judgement until the comments are made public - it would have to be something very serious to get a player to leave State of Origin.
Sense, at last!

Maybe Johns commented on the small size of Tahu's penis and balls* in front of others, embarrassing him

* Timana Tahu may or may not have a small penis and balls

Raider_69

Post Whore
Well in the contexts of things, yes.
He spoke to Bellamy and left immediately after that - Considering he had an appearance on Thursday to do...

come on man, 2 days. I
dont care what commitments he had, they could have changed it at a drop of a hat.
Maybe
i've got a greater sense of urgency but if i leave somewhere very quickly, im probably outta of there in this context in a matter of hours. Not in 2 days.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Monaghan :shock: why??? Put Jennings or Dugan.....

Jennings is a centre, Dugan is a fullback

they've replaced a winger with a winger. Which is about the best thing they could of done. Dugan also will miss the Raiders game and from the sounds of the media reports, wouldnt have been fit for NSW anyways.

Paullyboy

Coach
There is absolutely nothing (and I genuinely mean that) anyone could say that would offend me enough to not play a game of touch footy on Monday nights - let alone an origin.

Seriously, I cannot even begin to fathom how ridiculously sensitive some people are. Harden up.

Yosh

Coach
Wonder what happen.. Tahu and Joey have won a premiership together and played many years as team mates... Jeez one of Newcastle's pet plays used to be:

Bedsy-->Joey--->Cut out to Tahu--->Score!

Latest posts