What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tahu

Judging like this post avenger:

Who said anything about him having a holiday? Maybe he is just mentally shot and needs to get away. After the concerted news Ltd campaign against him (see the ridiculous headline in the article gronk posted) I wouldn't blame him. We need to do what's best for the club and Tahu needs to do what's best for his family.

You don't know what's going on in his life. Neither do I, but I reckon there must be something if he wants that much of a break,
im just saying if he has a personal problem that is so serious he wants two months off then maybe he needs professional help to solve it

Eels Dude

Coach
Judging like this post avenger:

Who said anything about him having a holiday? Maybe he is just mentally shot and needs to get away. After the concerted news Ltd campaign against him (see the ridiculous headline in the article gronk posted) I wouldn't blame him. We need to do what's best for the club and Tahu needs to do what's best for his family.

You don't know what's going on in his life. Neither do I, but I reckon there must be something if he wants that much of a break,

The club won't stand in his way if he wants out, but they shouldn't be giving him 2 months off. The only way to do what's best for both parties is to release him from his contract entirely.

guruminga

Juniors
If Tahu needs time off until February that tells me there may be some pretty serious issues going on, so good on all you guys judging him and sticking the boot in.

Tahu needs to do what's best for him and his family.

Parra need to think about what's best for the club. Kearney looks strong enough to me to make this decision, and I'll trust his judgement

True, he could be going through any number of issues that we are unaware of. Loyalty means sticking by someone when they're going through the tough times as well as the good ones.

G

Eels Dude

Coach
True, he could be going through any number of issues that we are unaware of. Loyalty means sticking by someone when they're going through the tough times as well as the good ones.

G

When you've got a business to run which operates on a salary cap you can't afford to do that without having detrimental effects on performance though... It's not like a normal workplace where you can give someone leave and then call in a temp to do their job on a short term basis.

eels81236

Bench
When you've got a business to run which operates on a salary cap you can't afford to do that without having detrimental effects on performance though... It's not like a normal workplace where you can give someone leave and then call in a temp to do their job on a short term basis.

:?. Because cost are different for a normal workplace?

Gronk

Staff member
Sounds to me like he very much wants out of the eels.

I think he feels that we haven't done the right thing by him. Goes back to when he said that Ossie promised him a 3 year deal after signing an initial 1 year deal. Then that dragged on to the point when he was virtually without a job.

mrpwnd

Bench
I think he feels that we haven't done the right thing by him. Goes back to when he said that Ossie promised him a 3 year deal after signing an initial 1 year deal. Then that dragged on to the point when he was virtually without a job.
Tahu only has himself to blame for that anyway.

Beez

Juniors
OK, let's assume Tahu is leaving who do we play at left centre?

What about Horo? Or even Ben Smith.

strider

Post Whore
i don't see any bad judgements being made here - people are just sick of the never ending issues and are wanting him to go ..... not much different to when tim smith was on his path of destruction towards the end of his time at parra - ppl were far more judgemental

personally - i find it hard to get my head around it all .... it seems he's had some issues since before he even returned last year and its slowly eaten him up and he's just bitter with everything

i used to love the guy, and while i still have a soft spot for him and hope he sorts out whatever is troubling him, i'm sick of the never ending circus that follows these days and I don't believe we can proceed if he can't be commited ..... what happens if we say, "yeah ok have till Feb off, most the team is off until mid-Janurary anyway" and then come Feb he's still not ready to go? - it seems like a distinct possibility .... if he can't commit to us then we can't commit to him, its a 2-way street

Gronk

Staff member
For what it's worth ...

'MG' Slams Timana Tahu

3 December, 2010 - 1:28 PM

Mark ‘MG’ Geyer has questioned Parramatta star Timana Tahu’s intestinal fortitude on Triple M’s Grill Team.

After walking out on Eels training more than a week ago, it’s believed the former Wallaby doesn’t want to return until February.

Parramatta expected Tahu back at training this week but to no avail and to say his behaviour has got MG’s goat would be an understatement.

“How can you tell Parramatta supporters who get up at five o’clock every morning, get home at six o’clock at night that this bloke wants to take until February off?,” a disgusted ‘MG’ posed to Triple M’s Grill Team.

But Parramatta CEO Paul Osborne was a little more sympathetic to Tahu’s situation.

“We’re going to catch up with Timana and his team in the next couple of days,” Osborne told Triple M’s Grill Team.

“Look, it’s been a tough year for him and we’re very mindful of that and we’re obviously more concerned about (the welfare of) Timana than getting him out on the field.”

“Hopefully we can sort it all out shortly.”
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news//blog/mg-slams-timana-tahu/20101203-assv.html

Eels Dude

Coach
Yet they have wage budgets and profit margins.

Of course they do, but they're determined by the company itself and those in charge have the final say over greenlighting any extra expenditures. An NRL club is retricted to what it spends by the NRL, not their own business so it's completely different.

lingard

Coach
I have no dramas with him coming back in feb..You jsut dock him maybe 20%...
Jono wright will be another joel reddy-Solid but nothing more

I don`t know. I think Wright is more skillful than Reddy, and has more ability to make breaks. Reddy is very good defensively - especially in his ability to take high balls near his own line and to defuse bombs. He`s also great at taking attacking high balls near the opponent`s line. Two different sorts of player I think. I think given time and confidence in the NRL, Wright might turn into a player similar (but nowhere near as good as) Michael Cronin. Don`t laugh! I just think he has an ability to draw a lot of defenders and get a pass away to supports. He reminds me a little bit of John Muggleton too. I probably took a bit too much acid in the mid-seventies.

lingard

Coach
A few months back, some of us on here posted that we thought Tahu might have some mental health problems. Now, I know that a lot of the media stories have been exaggerations, beat-ups and, in some cases, just downright misleading. But something`s up with him. Tahu may have some sort of mental illness, or he may simply be some sort of dick-head (such people do exist, unfortunately.) We don`t know. But regardless of whether he`s mentally ill or a dickhead, I think we should let him go. A first grade league side is not like an ordinary workplace where you can take sick leave or go back to work on 'light duties'. It`s a place where you have to perform at or near your peak practically all the time. It`s a very unique situation. It`s unfortunate and it`s sad, but if he can`t attend training like everyone else, then he should not be given until February - he should be let go now.

Eelementary

Post Whore
OK, let's assume Tahu is leaving who do we play at left centre?

What about Horo? Or even Ben Smith.

IMO Ben Smith is too valuable to our side now in the number 12. I'd go for Brien, Filiga or Atkins. Maybe even Walker.

Latest posts