What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Takairangi (not) signed

super_coach

First Grade
Takairangi is a very unfortunate casualty in a stance Taylor had to make. Player managers and players now know who calls the shots at the Weststigers. Its no longer the Ronald McDonnell show, Taylor and Moss run the salary cap.

I actually thought he was not a bad signing, but as MU eluded to, our limited cap space has to be directed at fixing our defense

philgood

Juniors
Takairangi is a very unfortunate casualty in a stance Taylor had to make. Player managers and players now know who calls the shots at the Weststigers. Its no longer the Ronald McDonnell show, Taylor and Moss run the salary cap.

I actually thought he was not a bad signing, but as MU eluded to, our limited cap space has to be directed at fixing our defense

Agree.

Hope Takarangi can find a good deal elsewhere

If there is a caveat on the contract to say that it was dependent on new coach approval, I don't see the problem. If the player had a contract notifying him there's a risk that it wouldn't go ahead and he hedged his bets that his problem.

We don't even know how far it got. He may never have even signed anything in the first place.

TYGA

Juniors
Blair was a standout 80 minute player last year when we were playing well. I believe Sue will be our best forward this year. Issue is Siro needs to be the dominant player he was earmarked to be. JT will need to figure this out as I would rather resign Bodene Thompson personally than Takarangi.

I heard a rumour today we are looking at Mateo.

super_coach

First Grade
Blair was a standout 80 minute player last year when we were playing well. I believe Sue will be our best forward this year. Issue is Siro needs to be the dominant player he was earmarked to be. JT will need to figure this out as I would rather resign Bodene Thompson personally than Takarangi.

Mateo??will offer us a bit in attack, but we need to sure up our defensive game first and the word defense and Mateo usually dont go together

One thing about Taylor,he wont be afraid to tell players what he actually thinks of them,even if it does mean he might cop a punch in the head for his view....lol

macnaz

Staff member
Hmmm still think we need a Centre ... defence in the forwards can be coached or just having the right attitude as earlier in the season... cripples in the backline however can not be coached to a point they are good enough... if they need a zimmer frame to do 100metres they are well and truly f**ked and the club needs to find alternatives . Hopefully JT is still looking for someone better.

Tiger05

First Grade
Hmmm still think we need a Centre ...

I think that the outside backs are our weak area and we need some players there. I also think Takairangi could have been a good option.

In stating that it looks like Taylor might be making some decisions which is good so long as he makes the right ones.

macnaz

Staff member
I think that the outside backs are our weak area and we need some players there. I also think Takairangi could have been a good option.

In stating that it looks like Taylor might be making some decisions which is good so long as he makes the right ones.

We only have 1 outside back that brings zero after everone is back on deck. LAWRENCE. Yeah Patty isnt a spedster but when not injured he goes ok

Tiger05

First Grade
We only have 1 outside back that brings zero after everone is back on deck. LAWRENCE. Yeah Patty isnt a spedster but when not injured he goes ok

I'm not sure who offers less in attack though - Lawrence or Richards. Its a tough call.

macnaz

Staff member
I'm not sure who offers less in attack though - Lawrence or Richards. Its a tough call.

One can catch a high ball . One can kick goals. One can run at least 20 metres before being run down.One can kick field goals etc etc .... and the other can wear a uniform and ummmm ummmm , hmmm I think thats it ?

Bench

Taylor would have coached Mateo at parra,so that rumour might have legs.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lawrence just needs a boot up the arse. Thats not Potter's style.

It is Taylor's though. I'd expect Lawrence to better next year. If he sulks then f**k him off immediately.

I somewhat agree with you. Centre first please. Wingers grow on trees and Richards when he was fit and Nofoaluma are more than capable. Give Lawrence a chance under a coach who will put him on notice. Like MU says, if he doesn't respond, sayonara Chris.

Yep,centres and backrow needs attention asap,than considering we let two capable wingers go mid season and had backrowers on the wing by seasons end another winger maybe handy too...!

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Went alright last night. Did enough to make me think he could have played in our back row or centre. Certainly good enough to add to our depth....