What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take Action on the Development.

Frenzy.

Immortal
OK so that's the penultimate hurdle right? One to go?

Hope this is not like '73, '78 & '97. Get to the last jump and fail to clear it.

Think I'll remain cautious like carch

Special K

Coach
Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

afc.gif

taipan

Referee
I'm at the stage like Big Kev says Ï'm excited,but haven't starched my jeans yet.

taipan

Referee
So the order of merit for the code and the Sharks as I see it.

1) New NRL CEO crowned 31st July.
2) Decision made by PAC by 31st August on Shark's Development and hopefully the song " Let's get the party started"will echo through the mangroves.:-({|=
3) New TV contract announced during September prior to Grand final
4) Expansion decision also to be announced prior to G/F and during Sept.

Quigs

Immortal
look I dont care who we beat in our first grand final as long as we win it easy and have at least 30 points up on them with five to go.

Me poor old ticker won't take any close finishes. I've been through enough already.

Sharky Pete

Juniors
Sharks’ $300m plan is one step closer

BY MURRAY TREMBATH
03 Jul, 2012 04:40 AM

THE $300 million Cronulla Sharks development proposal has received an enormous boost, with the Department of Planning and Infrastructure recommending it be approved.
This finding was forwarded yesterday to the state government’s independent Planning Assessment Commission, which will make the final decision.

“The department has assessed the merits of this application, taking into consideration the issues raised by the public and relevant public authorities,” its report said.

“The department is satisfied the site is suitable for the proposed development and the project will provide environmental, social and economic benefits to the region.”

Sharks’ chairman Damian Irvine relayed the news to supporters by tweeting: “Wow! endorsement from a dept of qualified experts, result of over 12 months research. Humbled, proud of our team, trusting the process now.”

Sutherland Shire mayor Carol Provan was disappointed.

“Once again, we are being told what to do by the big boys and we will have to put up with it,” she said.

“Personally, I think it will be a disaster down there.”

Councillor Provan said the council would put its arguments again to the Planning Assessment Commission, “but will they listen?”

Cronulla MP Mark Speakman wanted to read the 63-page report thoroughly before commenting in detail.

“At this stage he maintains his opposition to the size and scale,” a spokesman said.

The department said the key issues were the suitability of the introduction of a new centre in the region, its economic impact, traffic and parking impacts, environmental impacts and interface with Woolooware Bay, and built form and residential amenity.

Independent advice had been obtained from economic and traffic consultants on the key issues.

“The department supports the introduction of the proposed centre on the basis that it addresses significant demand for retail floor space in an area where it has been identified that existing centre [sic] are unable to cater for this demand,’’ its report said.

“Critically, the subject site provides an appropriate location for the proposed concept plan.”

The report said the department was satisfied the additional traffic could be accommodated within the existing road network, the built form was appropriate in the context of a new centre and environmental impacts could be minimised.

It supported, in principle, proposed measures for off-site parking on game days.

“The concept plan is recommended for approval, subject to modifications and future assessment requirements,” the report said.

“As sufficient detail has been provided in relation to the proposed subdivision of the retail and club portions of the site, it is recommended that no future environmental assessment be required for this component of the proposal.”

Latest posts