What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Take the Hayne Train to Newcastle this Saturday!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Do you know how marketing works, Suity? The effectiveness is measured in dollars. Not submissive, fawning behaviour.

I'm pretty sure the $$ invested in posting information, to receive nothing but gibberish in reply would be looked at as part of the 'effectiveness'.

There do happen to be at least ten thousand other threads to take a crap in, would it really hurt that much NOT to do it in ones started by the club??? I'm not sure why simple civility equates to submissive, fawning behaviour in your book...

I've been having a bit of fun since Larry came on board but I doubt she's classing it as disrespectful.

You see, the interaction between myself and Larry has been good: we've talked about hats and stickers and she has been very responsive and we've been told there are tangible results.

And you know what? I've done it while being a dickhead.

You know why? Because I'm a dickhead.

Get off your soap box, Suity. Larry's a grown woman and I dare say she knows a fair bit about the real world. Even the internet, which is the real real world.

She's doing a great job and I've been able to be a dickhead during the whole thing.

It's win-win.

Joely01

Bench
I'm pretty sure the $$ invested in posting information, to receive nothing but gibberish in reply would be looked at as part of the 'effectiveness'.

There do happen to be at least ten thousand other threads to take a crap in, would it really hurt that much NOT to do it in ones started by the club??? I'm not sure why simple civility equates to submissive, fawning behaviour in your book...

Exactly,

I don't mind some dribble from time to time, but it seems every thread lately has been hijacked by a certain few people and made out to be a joke.
It is a footy forum, talk footy. It really isn't that hard is it?

I came on here on Tuesday to see the talk on the side picked and i have to sort through the last 2 pages of people talking about takeaway food, PM each other to talk dribble, or keep it in the crap section.

Joely01

Bench
All good guys. I don't take any offence to the fun and games.

Keeps me on my toes figuring out which questions are serious and which aren't!

Hi Larissa, i know you guys are more focused on organising this weekend.

But just wondering on plans for next weekend? will there be a supporter bay? a bus going to canberra?

Canberra haven't had good crowds at all, so could be a good chance to get more blue and gold than green at the game and really get our boys into the 8.

forward pass

Coach
Exactly,

I don't mind some dribble from time to time, but it seems every thread lately has been hijacked by a certain few people and made out to be a joke.
It is a footy forum, talk footy. It really isn't that hard is it?

I came on here on Tuesday to see the talk on the side picked and i have to sort through the last 2 pages of people talking about takeaway food, PM each other to talk dribble, or keep it in the crap section.

Ha - you should visit the Hoppa thread !! All hell has broken loose in there !

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Yep I agreed, can't the moderators keep a clean thread with only suggest/questions to Larissa and her responses. I think we have plenty of threads to talk crap.

I reckon it is great a representative from the club has taken the effort to communicate with fans and we should at least show some respect.

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
Hi Larissa.

Just wanted to find out if the swarm supporters group still exists and if it has ceased, can you please make sure that the club never allows a group of morons to bang on drums and ruin game days for the rest of us ever again.

Thanks in advance.

Kornstar

Coach
Hi Larissa.

Just wanted to find out if the swarm supporters group still exists and if it has ceased, can you please make sure that the club never allows a group of morons to bang on drums and ruin game days for the rest of us ever again.

Thanks in advance.

Don't speak for me, I'm not in the swarm or anything but I sit across from them and have never had an issue with drums or anything like that.

I have no problem with the other teams supporters doing it at our away games either......

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Larissa,

The club just announced Kelepi Tanginoa would be leaving us next year, however there has been nothing from the club on the signing of Cody Nelson despite an article on NRL.com

Have we signed him or not?

Apologies I can't confirm anything relating to player contracts or signings at the moment.

Tripped and fell with the little man last night. Currently sitting waiting for the results of my x ray on a suspected broken foot. Most inconvenient.

I'll try chasing the answer for you when I can though.

Last edited:
The supporters group does still exist.

Highlights an interesting question on match day active support. Is this something that is generally unwelcome? We are looking at encouraging more fan atmosphere at our games with flags, banners, pompoms etc.

Would that sort of thing negatively impact the fan experience in your opinion?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
My son supports the storm, any chance someone from the eels can write to him, to convince him to support the eels? But Sandow is one of his favourite players.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Larissa,

The club just announced Kelepi Tanginoa would be leaving us next year, however there has been nothing from the club on the signing of Cody Nelson despite an article on NRL.com

Have we signed him or not?

Her job is to do with membership.

If you want to talk signings, call the club and talk to the relevant department!