What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tallis comments

Stdavid

Juniors
I realise the mere name will have fists clenched and blood pressure rising, but I'm interested in other fans' reaction to Tallo's comments about Price.
I know he seems to love putting the boot into his former club, but in this case I have to agree with him.
He has suggested that Price is trying to be too much like Bennett.
He's also suggested Price should chance his arm more and have some fun - take a punt on young players and work on new attacking moves. Again I have to agree.
The game is changing and maybe even a perfect clone of Bennett is not enough (the Knights results suggest that too) - not that I would want Price to be like Bellamy either.
Anyway, I am not asking what you think of Tallis - just his observations.

Last edited:

saintania

Juniors
Firstly, Tallis is a merkin.

Secondly, what would he know? I doubt Tallis would be allowed anywhere near a training session or Saints dressing room, to know who Price is trying to be. Bennett and Price sound the same to Tallis in a press conference? Please.

Stdavid

Juniors
Ok, you don't like Tallis. I can't imagine there's many Dragons fans who do. But he probably does know a lot more about Wayne Bennett than you or I.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He's also self promoting. Good luck, but I take his words with a grain of salt. And great player, but he holds a grudge and that's sure to taint one's viewpoint.

And on Tallis and coaching... he did a great job when he was Souths' forwards coach. Oh no, hang on, I'm getting him mixed up someone who was actually a success in that area.

big pat

Coach
tallis wouldn't have a clue, just like some experts on here, they spend more time believeing the media, than to know what is actually going on.

trudge

Bench
Bennett cut Tallis and The King before their time.

Price can't cut Hornby or Young after their time.

Coaching a great club, especially after Bennett, is no job for a rookie.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I realise the mere name will have fists clenched and blood pressure rising, but I'm interested in other fans' reaction to Tallo's comments about Price.
I know he seems to love putting the boot into his former club, but in this case I have to agree with him.
He has suggested that Price is trying to be too much like Bennett.
He's also suggested Price should chance his arm more and have some fun - take a punt on young players and work on new attacking moves. Again I have to agree.
The game is changing and maybe even a perfect clone of Bennett is not enough (the Knights results suggest that too) - not that I would want Price to be like Bellamy either.
Anyway, I am not asking what you think of Tallis - just his observations.

Maybe hes not trying to be like Bennett...maybe the older players have most of the Bennett mentality still in them and hes trying to change their attitude towards how they play the game today, beit right or wrong.....imo hes remaining loyal to the likes of Hornby, Young, Cooper and Fein when at times it may be necessary to blood (and not for one or two games) the younger up and comers......

Stdavid

Juniors
You could be right, and what you are saying is plausible. I put the thread in here for feedback and it's great to get a reply that isn't based on we all hate Gordon. Thanks and cheers

big pat

Coach
You could be right, and what you are saying is plausible. I put the thread in here for feedback and it's great to get a reply that isn't based on we all hate Gordon. Thanks and cheers

st george supporters have every right to hate tallis, as i said before he has no f**king idea, on how the team is going or what price is doing, he's a hater just like rothfield, they have their own agends, and that's the facts.

jenninga

First Grade
Maybe hes not trying to be like Bennett...maybe the older players have most of the Bennett mentality still in them and hes trying to change their attitude towards how they play the game today, beit right or wrong.....imo hes remaining loyal to the likes of Hornby, Young, Cooper and Fein when at times it may be necessary to blood (and not for one or two games) the younger up and comers......
This is a good point.At times it seems that the Dragons get confused at how they should play during a game whether to grind teams as we used to or throw the ball around.Probably why Price gets pissed off when they don't follow the game plan he sets.
Even more reason to start making the hard decisions re Hornby retiring and bringing a fresh halves pairing.ie Kyle at 6 and Jamie at 7.
And one more thing ,F#*k off Tallis.

possm

Coach
Tallis wouldn't have a clue and what he recommends is way off the mark.

It's all very simple;
Go back to the system introduced by Bennett and then improve it step by step.
Make the necessary changes to the squad of 17 players each game based on form and the realistic belief that the players selected make up the best available team to win that game.
Forget about mis-guided loyalty to players who are not performing.

Price has no excuses. He is left with a good team and a good proven system. Only minor changes needed to be made.

Bennett has plenty to worry about. He is left with an unwanted squad and no proven system. He has to change the majority of the squad and introduce his new system.

Last edited:

Latest posts