What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tallis disgrace

t-ba

Post Whore
Charlie Saab said:
yeah halves!
game 1 2005 NSW played like crap most of the game with kimmorley.
Game 2 and 3 NSW play GREAT with johns.
Johns is the difference....like it or not.

Game 1 was won by a try in extra time with 52,000 Hicks screaming the Toad clubbers to victory. Hardly compelling Saab...It's amazing that a state with 40% of Australia's juniors can suck so hard...

Mr Saab

Referee
t-ba said:
Game 1 was won by a try in extra time with 52,000 Hicks screaming the Toad clubbers to victory. Hardly compelling Saab...It's amazing that a state with 40% of Australia's juniors can suck so hard...

well it was amazing that with sooooooo many players to choose from between 1980-1991 that NSW only won 3 of those yrs.
The wheel has turned for sure, i admit that....but its only a matter of time before it turns back to QLD dominance.

Meanie

Juniors
t-ba said:

Oh yes, anything but footballing ability won game 1 for Queensland. :rolleyes:

Mr Saab

Referee
Meanie said:
Tallis offered an opinion on one tackle. Too call that a 'disgrace' is just plain funny.

but its ok for NSW supporters to whinge about Tallis. Thats the way it works here.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Charlie, should a man in his position make such a comment? When ever has a NSW member of the NRLor ARLboards made such a comment about a Queenslander?

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Charlie, should a man in his position make such a comment? When ever has a NSW member of the NRLor ARLboards made such a comment about a Queenslander?

wow! a question without mocking me...thats a first! Wait...i have to rub my eyes so as i am not seeing things.

Should Tallis said what he said? Probably not in ALL honesty (something you know nothing about). But Tallis has said it. Lets see if there is any fallout from the board for his comments. They are his peers and if nothing is said then you should not have a drama with it. Wait and see.

ibeme

First Grade
Misty Bee said:

Is he only allowed to criticise QLD players? I thought he should be able to distribute criticism regardless of which state they play for. They both played together for Australia afterall.

If Tallis was a NSW or Australian selector, then his comments would be a concern. He's not though. He's a board member that was appointed because of his uncompromising honesty. I want the full version of Tallis on the board, or none at all.

Misty Bee

First Grade
No board member should be saying comments about anyone. You reckon the NRL board, who runs the cops and had the careers of 500 or so players in their hands, should be able to make such statements?

Tallis was not aoppionted because of "uncompromising honesty". What tripe! You think he'sthe only ex player to be honest? LOLLOLLOL!

Are you really that dumb?

Mr Saab

Referee
why are you so concerned what i do? lets just say i make money...and not the 23k variety that you do

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
You work in a tissue factory as a tester?

wow...how did you know? would you like a job there? You seem suited as you have been crying about Tallis all morning...plus you have been whinging that the eels dont buy "quality" players..

sook.

Charlie Saab said:
why are you so concerned what i do? lets just say i make money...and not the 23k variety that you do

Arrogant C--t, quite a bit more than that SAAB, thanks, I may not be on mega bucks but I do well enough.

Mr Saab

Referee
Knight82 said:
Arrogant C--t, quite a bit more than that SAAB, thanks, I may not be on mega bucks but I do well enough.

stick to league and dont worry about salaries....i dont want you to cry

Misty Bee

First Grade
LOL, not whinging, I'm proud that Parra can buy scrapheap players and make 'em champions. Unlike Brisbane, who buy champions and turn 'em into sooks like Tallis.

Mr Saab

Referee
yeah ....tahu, on the scrapheap he was. Washed up...he is a micheal ericson clone.
Morrison, he was gone too. He was almost as bad as chris king and robert muchmore.

Tallis became a sook at the broncos! He was only involved with 3 winning comps for the broncos. THREE more than Hindmarsh.
Brisbane, more often than not buy class players who will do something for the club.
Lazarus
Tallis
Darren Smith

There are exceptions like Stupid Kelly, Motu Tony....but no club is perfect.

Razor

Coach
Tallis was the one to gutless to run at forwards. Bit hypocritical to insult someone else for doing the same, especially when that person does run at forwards.

Tallis should be sacked immediately.

QLDers criticise NSW people all the time for "anti-QLD bias" and say they should be sacked.

If Kennedy misses the next Australian test match, we'll know why. And QLD can never again claim that the NRL & ARL has an anti-QLD agenda which they claim at least 10-11 times a year.

Misty Bee said:
I ask you, shuold an NRL board member make such comments?
From Foxsports.com
FORMER Kangaroo back-row partners Ben Kennedy and Gorden Tallis have become embroiled in a heated verbal tirade after the retired Queensland enforcer accused the Blues Origin hard man of "diving".
In a sour fallout from the overwhelming NSW Origin series victory, Tallis has taken aim at Kennedy - claiming the Blues forward faked being injured in Origin III.

Yes and NRL Board members should do something about it also.

Latest posts