What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tallis disgrace

Kiwi

First Grade
Razor said:
Tallis was the one to gutless to run at forwards. Bit hypocritical to insult someone else for doing the same, especially when that person does run at forwards.

Tallis should be sacked immediately.

QLDers criticise NSW people all the time for "anti-QLD bias" and say they should be sacked.

If Kennedy misses the next Australian test match, we'll know why. And QLD can never again claim that the NRL & ARL has an anti-QLD agenda which they claim at least 10-11 times a year.

Tallis never ran at forwards :lol:

Didn't Kennedy retire from rep footy, this origin was going to be his last ect?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Charlie, being involved in a premiership win doesn't mean you are a better player. Things like Dally M's are a better indicator. Wana check the Tallis v Hindmarsh score on that one?

BTW, Tallis was a hero playing in the backs. Never saw him take a hitup like Webcke into the middle.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Charlie, being involved in a premiership win doesn't mean you are a better player. Things like Dally M's are a better indicator. Wana check the Tallis v Hindmarsh score on that one?

BTW, Tallis was a hero playing in the backs. Never saw him take a hitup like Webcke into the middle.

Dally Ms?
you mean that "prestigious" award voted on by the likes of ::::::::

Paul Kent
Dean Ritchie
James Hooper
Karl De Kroo

Yeah...alot of prestige that award has! :lol:

Tallis ran out wide...so what? he also ran thru the middle. Check the try he scored vs the eels in the 2000 prelim final. Beat about 7 players in that run up the middle.

salivor

First Grade
Misty Bee said:

Dally M's? Don't you mean the "Don't have a f**ken hope if your not a halfback" M's? Yeah what an indicator. Most of the great players have been involved in premiership wins as they have improved the clubs they have been with. Tallis was a huge part of all 3 premierships, even won the Clive Churchall medal for the 98 GF.

You never saw Tallis take a hit up into the middle? So therefore you never actually watched a game of football with Tallis involved? Great, glad we cleared that one up.

bluesbreaker

Bench
nqboy said:
Does anyone think Kennedy didn't lie down?

I'm not convinced he did, being dazed by a knock on the chin is very easy to do. And :lol: at the Raging nice person talking it up against the great BK. Gordies one claim to fame is punching the sh*t out of a defenseless Benny Ross in a scrum, Danny Williams style.

Mr Saab

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
I'm not convinced he did, being dazed by a knock on the chin is very easy to do. And :lol: at the Raging nice person talking it up against the great BK. Gordies one claim to fame is punching the sh*t out of a defenseless Benny Ross in a scrum, Danny Williams style.

why dont you get your facts right.
IT was NOT a scrum.
It was after gorden had played the ball and he grabbed Ross. The squared up and then tallis unleashed.
Its not like he king hit him and Ross fought back.
Sensationalsim at its finest of leagueunlimited.com :rolleyes:

God-King Dean

Immortal
They are both right

Anyone who says he didn't take a dive is kidding himself (although I don't think he should have ever been touched by Ben Ross, in case he actually was injured)

BK is right that they have sour grapes, & they really were humilated

blackceasar

Juniors
this is my first post on here and it is clear to me that the queensland side of the argument is giving good points and facts, where as the nsw side of the argument has chosen to go with the labour party way of arguing "the i know u r but what am i stategy".

facts.

queensland were outplayed game 2 and 3

kennedy is a cat because he would've wiped milk off his chin harder then he got hit.

and if all u cockies hate queensland so much why do u all keep coming over the border to live here, did we leave scrapes out or something lol.

go tigers.

Ghoulies

Bench
Immortal said:
They are both right

Anyone who says he didn't take a dive is kidding himself (although I don't think he should have ever been touched by Ben Ross, in case he actually was injured)

BK is right that they have sour grapes, & they really were humilated
Well put.

Gordie may be right, but I doubt he would have said this if we hadn't come off such a big loss.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Gordie is just saying publically what everyone in the football world know and thinking
He took a dive

Charlie Saab said:
Dally Ms?
you mean that "prestigious" award voted on by the likes of ::::::::

Paul Kent
Dean Ritchie
James Hooper
Karl De Kroo

Yeah...alot of prestige that award has! :lol:

Tallis ran out wide...so what? he also ran thru the middle. Check the try he scored vs the eels in the 2000 prelim final. Beat about 7 players in that run up the middle.

Hey Karls Alright!!!!

Can't believe people are bagging Tallis, a player who led Australia with passion, unlike a hack like Danny Buderus.

Tallis has every right to speak his mind about an incident in the game which he doesn't agree with. Although it wasn't exactly PC, he could have said it in another way and people would've still gotten the same message. BK took a dive, no doubt about it.

Tallis has done Rugby League a favour here. Watch the AFL, every week players are reported to the judiciary for "striking" or tackles which are a bit suspect. It is a soft game, and what makes it even softer (and the reason why league is so good) is because it has players taking dives and holding their faces when the contact is with their shoulder, in order to put one over the ref and receive a penalty. A few examples have come up in recent weeks through the media about the whole 'taking a dive' or surrendering in tackles. It is something which needs to be wiped out of the game. Perhaps BK should work on his acting a little better, it was a nice dive, 10/10 from the springboard, however he didn't follow it up too well by playing on with 100% fitness once the penalty was awarded.

Perhaps he has given up on winning Dally M's, MOM and Premierships and decided Academy Awards are much more appealing.

RABK

Referee
JoeysChiropractor said:
Can't believe people are bagging Tallis, a player who led Australia with passion, unlike a hack like Danny Buderus.

Tallis has every right to speak his mind about an incident in the game which he doesn't agree with. Although it wasn't exactly PC, he could have said it in another way and people would've still gotten the same message. BK took a dive, no doubt about it.

Tallis has done Rugby League a favour here. Watch the AFL, every week players are reported to the judiciary for "striking" or tackles which are a bit suspect. It is a soft game, and what makes it even softer (and the reason why league is so good) is because it has players taking dives and holding their faces when the contact is with their shoulder, in order to put one over the ref and receive a penalty. A few examples have come up in recent weeks through the media about the whole 'taking a dive' or surrendering in tackles. It is something which needs to be wiped out of the game. Perhaps BK should work on his acting a little better, it was a nice dive, 10/10 from the springboard, however he didn't follow it up too well by playing on with 100% fitness once the penalty was awarded.

Perhaps he has given up on winning Dally M's, MOM and Premierships and decided Academy Awards are much more appealing.

Crediblity :arrow: Window.

The fact is that Kennedy dived, its plain to see, hes taken this Dive thing to a new level and Gorden, as an NRL board member has come out and said this because this diving is hurting our game, well done gordie! Cant wait till the little bitch (kennedy) comes back to suncorp

Southernsaint

Staff member
blackceasar said:
this is my first post on here and it is clear to me that the queensland side of the argument is giving good points and facts, where as the nsw side of the argument has chosen to go with the labour party way of arguing "the i know u r but what am i stategy".

facts.

queensland were outplayed game 2 and 3

kennedy is a cat because he would've wiped milk off his chin harder then he got hit.

and if all u cockies hate queensland so much why do u all keep coming over the border to live here, did we leave scrapes out or something lol.

go tigers.

Maybe so we could spend some of our own tax dollars. Why do you think you Banjo-Pluckers have cheaper petrol?? NSW subsidises you...

Latest posts