What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tATu or Bjork ???

Godz Illa

Coach
It is possible. Bjork's quirky, poetic lyrics and lush, beautiful music cut to the very core of the human condition. I find it impossible NOT to relate to her.

All the Bjork haters out there should open your mind, listen to one of her albums (I suggest Post, Debut, or Vespertine) and imbibe the brilliance that is Bjork.

nibbs

Bench
how can you harmonise yourself with that voice? i find it hard to actually call it a voice. its awful. its the sounds of someone scratching their nails down a blackboard... *cringes*

nibbs

Bench
btw, i'll give her one thing. her music is original. her style is completely different to all other styles out there. good on her for doing the stuff she likes best...

bjork is pure unadulterated shite. Ron described her looks well and I think he was being nice. She is a tone-deaf talentless noise polluter.

If you want meaningful and inspiring, try VAST's first CD.

Godz Illa

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
bjork is pure unadulterated shite. Ron described her looks well and I think he was being nice. She is a tone-deaf talentless noise polluter.

If you want meaningful and inspiring, try VAST's first CD.

Apples and oranges. I also love VAST - Jonny Crosby is a genius, no doubt. But so is Bjork.

The first part of your post is bullsh*t, barely worth acknowledging.

So if i wasn't worth acknowledging, why did you acknowledge it by mentioning it?

bjork is awful. Her music is awful and her acting worse. People say they like her because they think that someone, somewhere will think that's it's cool that they like her.

It isn't cool.

She sucks the big one.

nibbs

Bench
Evilgrowler said:
half said:
Twizzle said:
But were the lyrics meaningful.
i like this twizzle guy. i can relate to him like i relate to bjork

Watch out Twizzle. I think he wants to screw your CD.

I think twizzle is smart enough to realise you're just dumb, and that half doesn't want to screw his cd.

damit, EG we're discussing bjork and tatu here. take your potty mouth elsewhere...

Godz Illa

Coach
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
So if i wasn't worth acknowledging, why did you acknowledge it by mentioning it?

bjork is awful. Her music is awful and her acting worse. People say they like her because they think that someone, somewhere will think that's it's cool that they like her.

It isn't cool.

She sucks the big one.

I said barely worth mentioning. It only warranted a mention because you are one of the more thoughtful posters on this forum, if such drivel was emitted by one of the vacuous post whores I would have simply ignored it.
Yet once again your assertions are plainly ridiculous. I am willing to simply put it down to a matter of taste. Bjork is critically revered, she won the Golden Palm at Cannes for her acting, and I'm a big fan of hers. She has polarised audiences throughout her career - so if its a case of 'love her or hate her', count me in the former category.

Godz Illa said:
I said barely worth mentioning. It only warranted a mention because you are one of the more thoughtful posters on this forum, if such drivel was emitted by one of the vacuous post whores I would have simply ignored it.
Yet once again your assertions are plainly ridiculous. I am willing to simply put it down to a matter of taste. Bjork is critically revered, she won the Golden Palm at Cannes for her acting, and I'm a big fan of hers. She has polarised audiences throughout her career - so if its a case of 'love her or hate her', count me in the former category.

Have you seen the movie she won the Golden Palm for?

Have you seen any Golden Palm winner in the last 10 years except Pulp Fiction?

You're allowed to like her and you're allowed to read or not read opinions that differ from yours regarding her. Turn your head and cough now....

I've seen the movie and I've heard her music, on both counts she is crap. I believe the fact that she comes from Iceland and the only other thing to come out of Iceland is..... Ice, is the reason why she has a following at all.

But that's just my opinion....

Latest posts