What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taumalolo Chooses NZ

Izz

Bench
The guy has been in Aus since 13.
He's been in Australia since he was 15. He is currently 18. That means he's been in Australia for less than 20% of his life.

I agree with the rest of your post, though.

Joker's Wild

Coach
It is the other way around. Where's the backlash? You don't see any whinging over Uate, McManus, Mason, El Masri, Nagas and so on and so forth.

Just more moaning from down south.

a) There has been mostly a Kiwi flavour to the uproar surrounding this topic and rightly so

b) There were plenty of Qlders "whinging" about Uate being selected for the Blues.

Short memories..

Big Pete

Referee
Whatever whinging there was about Uate, it didn't come close to comparing the outcry about Martin Kennedy from down south.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Big Pete said:
Whatever whinging there was about Uate, it didn't come close to comparing the outcry about Martin Kennedy from down south.

Not denying that Pete but for Frank to say that Qlders dont whinge about any NSW selections is just outright bullshit

Evil Homer

Staff member
RIP International Rugby League. And they wonder why League players dont make as much money as Rugby Union players....
Exactly. As long as Australians continue to prioritise this stupid exhibition match over international RL, then the sport will continue to be under threat of losing its best players to other codes. How they are too dumb to realise this I don't know.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Thats a great attitude to have. People on here try lol at AFL for not having any international competition, and then dismiss our own tiny international scene for this club vs club wank of a series.

Evil Homer

Staff member
You mean the most important series in Rugby League, period.
Yeah, to you and a bunch of other dinosaurs. Then you wonder why players like SBW and Gasnier leave the sport.

Nobody outside of NSW and Queensland gives a shit about Origin. People appreciate that it's an intense game, but nobody really gives a shit, and they never will. International RL is the single most powerful tool to expand the game and has 10000x the potential that Origin does to bring money into the sport. Not to mention that a strong international scene would far eclipse anything Origin could ever offer in terms of entertainment. But this opportunity is continually squandered because of people like you who are unable to see past the end of your own nose.

The thing is that there doesn't even need to be a choice between Origin and international footy, if the ARL/independent commission would just change their stance on Origin eligibility so that players could represent their state and a different nation then it would be a great asset for the sport. But at the moment it's an absolute cancer.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Been saying it for some years now. As great as State of Choice is as a contest, it's only going to hold Rugby League as a sport back.

No surprise this is happening.

Big Pete

Referee
You criticise my attitude and then proceed to tear down the game's biggest show piece. No wonder people consider you a joke around here Eddie.

Cry me a river Evil Homer. As it stands Origin is the centre piece of our game, produces the most interest and features the best quality games. Show some respect and maybe people would be more open to your whinges.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yeah, to you and a bunch of other dinosaurs. Then you wonder why players like SBW and Gasnier leave the sport.

Nobody outside of NSW and Queensland gives a shit about Origin. People appreciate that it's an intense game, but nobody really gives a shit, and they never will. International RL is the single most powerful tool to expand the game and has 10000x the potential that Origin does to bring money into the sport. Not to mention that a strong international scene would far eclipse anything Origin could ever offer in terms of entertainment. But this opportunity is continually squandered because of people like you who are unable to see past the end of your own nose.

The thing is that there doesn't even need to be a choice between Origin and international footy, if the ARL/independent commission would just change their stance on Origin eligibility so that players could represent their state and a different nation then it would be a great asset for the sport. But at the moment it's an absolute cancer.

Origin is not a cancer, infact it brings tonnes of money to our game and is one of the best tools we have to showcase what the sport is all about. The problem is the eligability rules for SOO being married to the Int'l eligability rules.

You will not strengthen RL by scrapping SOO, we need both to be strong

betcats

Referee
Thats a great attitude to have. People on here try lol at AFL for not having any international competition, and then dismiss our own tiny international scene for this club vs club wank of a series.

Its New Zealanders that are turning their back on New Zealand. Sort out your own back yard. Origin is needed for revenue, its not going anywhere.

Evil Homer

Staff member
You criticise my attitude and then proceed to tear down the game's biggest show piece. No wonder people consider you a joke around here Eddie.

Cry me a river Evil Homer. As it stands Origin is the centre piece of our game, produces the most interest and features the best quality games. Show some respect and maybe people would be more open to your whinges.
Origin isn't the centrepiece of the game to me, or anyone else outside NSW and Queensland, I don't even watch Origin. You need to realise that there is a world outside those two states, and that the vast majority of it doesn't give a shit about your provincial competition. I'm not sure what sort of 'respect' you want me to show, do you have any arguments with anything I said in my post? Promoting Origin as the pinnacle of the game is a massive negative, and anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

Unrelated question to the topic but I'm kind of interested, are you aware that there is a Rugby League World Cup being held next year?

Fast Eddie

First Grade

:? your attitude is that SOC should be the be end and end all of Rugby League and mine is that Internationals should be, of coourse I'm going to disagree with your attitude and the series that is SOC considering it's the direct opposite of mine you muppet. :crazy: