What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor denied job with Souths

eel4life

Juniors
Hollywood like to see someone who makes sense.

Sharp is a professional, he got the chance as a head coach and good luck to him.

JT to me is a diff story, he got his shot because of brian smith lets not forget that, he finished his career at parra, now he wants to coach, we have the best reserve team, he should of been happy to coach them and get the experience, build his skills as a coach get the runs on the board.

Nathan Brown is the prime example of that, he has a great team but he doesnt know how to get the best out of them week in week out, Brian Smith has a similar problem when it counts something happens, his whole coaching career has been Like that.

Dont get me wrong has done a great job here getting us back to a competitive level.

At the end of the day, if they are professional then they will give this year 100% they are getting paid for their hard work, the players are getting paid for their hard work so let them do what they have to do.

If players say they want to stay here then show it, which i think they will, a slow start to the year is one thing but at least they are caring by addressing the problems that they have.

You can blame certain players you can blame the administration or even the coaching staff, but at the end of the day we have a great club professional environment we just need some fresh ideas hopefully next year we will be able to build on this year.

I think the team we have will improve over the course of the year, a few wins in a row then we wont be saying all this.

Tigers game on friday will show what we are made of. If we win then we know we are fair dinkum, if we get smashed then we know just to watch reserve grade if we compete then again thats all we can ask for.

Glenn

First Grade
Hmmm if JT wanted a NRL first grade spot, the only place I could see it coming at the moment would be Souths, so prehaps a method in the madness.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Souths are also struggling for a halfback having used a different #7 in every game they have played

maybe they were looking to JT as a Captain/Coach :lol:

bartman

Immortal
parra pete said:
He [Smith] is a professional and is concentrating on 2006...which everyone who supports the Club should be doing. 2007 will get here soon enough...
I'd dearly like to think that Smith is being professional and focussed on 2006, but the Hayden Knowles story in the Sunday Tele today suggests the opposite? I had actually heard about this situation earlier in the week before it was published, through a friend with connections in the club. And I'm wondering how many similar situations have been happening and getting in the way of morale and concetration at the club so far this season?

Originally I thought sorting out the coaching situation early was a positive step by Fitzgerald, and thought everyone would be grown up enough to get on with it and we'd be in a better situation than clubs who would have to have the disruption mid-season. But it seems that Fitzy and Smith (both are responsible for their respective domains in my book) have not handled it as well as they could have, and one just has to look at Newcastle to see how a club, an outgoing coach and the players have dealt with a similar situation in a more focussed and professional manner.

I hope that some of that professionalism is down to Hagan and his crew, and if it does, I welcome it with open arms towards repairing the damage that seems to be happening now and rebuilding the spirit within the Eels camp for next season. Of course I still support Smith as an Eel in his quest to do the best he can in 2006, but the pedestal is well and truly gone in my opinion, and he is open to be judged by whether or not he is getting the best out of the players currently at his disposal, instead of living off his reputation with apparently half an eye on his next year?

Just looking at the players last weekend, during the second half and after the game, it's clear morale is far from what it could be, and rightly or wrongly I look to a coach to be main person responsible for building and lifting morale? Maybe Parramatta's reason for not letting Taylor move early is that they think that with Sharp now released, JT may need to be called upon to step in and take over first grade before the season's out (and then he can hook up with Souths for 2007)...?

Delboy

First Grade
I have been aware of a few issues that our coach has brought to the table, and if you recognise the demeanour of our coach he can bring a school teacher, thin lipped attitude in to play when he believes he has the high moral ground.
It seems that Brians acceptance speech at the Newcastle job obviously put a lot of players and staff offside ( not to mention most of the fans), and it looks like there is no enthusiasm to follow him, as evidenced by not one member of his staff answering "yes" when asked if they would go to Newcastle.
I believe the decision to part company early was the right one, and thought that Brian would be the ultimate professional in dealing with this season, could be that he is delivering the ultimate in bad attitude, players have noticed this too, hohum - come on Brian you have a reputation of being professional, just try and be as focussed as Matt Elliott and Michael Haga. He has paid well for 10 years, why do I get the feeling he believes he is owed by the club etc, feel like saying "grow up and get on with it".
Enough said!!!!

PIG

Juniors
Put it this way: Brian didn't show up to the season launch, is having issues with Hayden Knowles and half the bloody team...it's a terrible situation and one which he is not handling professionally at all- his attitude is i'm the coach and will coach the team....anything above and beyond that is no longer in his jurisdiction. The guy's a wank.

bartman

Immortal
I guess one positive among all of this is the fact the players did get together and have their meeting last week, in their own time. Hopefully they've looked at whatever has been going on in the background and just decided to leave it aside and not let it get in the way of getting what they as a group want to get out of this season?

If anything is positive is going to come, it'll come from the players that go out there each week. They won't have been impressed by the way they surrendered in the second half against Penrith, and they will have worked through some issues that have been hurting them in their games this year. The timing is perfect, as they have had the bye week to resolve to make a new start.

We all know we have the ability to shock the Tigers, and hopefully in the face of all this the Tiges will underestimate us a bit as well? This could be the win that starts to get us back on balance, and from there the guys can take the positives forward. The key is not letting what's happening in the back room effect the players - or us too much in our support.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Well the Tigers actually never beat Parra last year

admitingly the games were in rounds 1 & 7 and the Tigers didn't hit their straps until much later in the year.

I'm fairly sure that of the teams the tigers played more then once Parra is the only one who they didn't beat.

I know that means nothing but right now it's about all Parra have.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Anyone clinching on the faint hope the Tigers will underestimate us is kidding themselves. They are the defending Premiers, playing on our home turf, and they're missing some key personnel.

No way they'll underestimate us.

And JT - you're not very nice for doing this to us when we need you!

strider

Post Whore
ffs eelementary - u have no idea what the hell is going on at the club and why JT may want out - the guys entitled to look after his future ... the fact that players don't even know what's going on about it shows its not that big a disruption

it pisses me off all the frickin know-it-alls on this forum thinking they can judge eveyrone when they don't know f**king squat about the situation!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Sharp decides to leave, so obviously JT decides, "Hey! I'll leave too - for the same f****** position at another club! Yeah! That makes sense! I'll leave the club that gave me an opportunity in First Grade and then the chance to further my coaching career because they're in limbo at the moment! Yeah!"

Hence, wanker.