What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor denied job with Souths

Eelementary

Post Whore
Don't get me wrong - I would have liked for JT to be our coach in 2007.

But then we signed Hagan - a man who has won a Premiership AND coached at the highest level. It may be frustrating to wait for another 3 years...But imagine what you would learn from the man.

And my mail could be wrong, but I'm hearing that Souths are impressed with Macrae because of how he's handling his players (certain 'star' players have been dropped because of attitude issues and, although it's probably costing them points, management is impressed he's laid down the law). They're re-signing him in short-term deals in case anything happens.

But think about it - Macrae was off contract and so was Brian Smith, who is possibly THE man to change Souths into a competitive outfit. But they stuck with Shaun...

strider

Post Whore
i'd be looking over my shoulder if i was mcrae - things change at souths over and over ..... brown nosing russell and robert is his best bet at the moment

Eelementary

Post Whore
True.

We'll just have to wait and see.

I WISH JT would stay, but it's his career, and you can't really hold it against him for trying to further it. I just wish he hadn't even brought up the notion of leaving this year, given the situation the team currently is in. Last thing it needs is more turmoil.

PB

Bench
strider said:
macrae ain't getting them anywhere and (as far as i am aware) they have not given him any long term seal of approval ... it might be the same position right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to it down the track ... and maybe JT has no security at parra next season - i've read hages is likely to bring in a new mob - is there room for JT?

Don't know if it has been mentioned. But to answer that above McRae got his deal extened by one year earlier this year. Meaning he is contracted as head coach for next year only. (I think)

So there is much more opportunity for JT at Souths than Parra.

And ask yourself people, if you did everything asked of you and got snubbed for a job at your place of work, and wouldn't get another shot at it for at least 3 years, would you hang around?! Heck no!

This whole situation has all been caused by Fitzgerald and the board, and while i am a big believer in a "contract being a contract", he is picking and choosing when he wants that to stick.

If JT goes, it creates more drama and more fuel to the fire that Denis's decision to do what he did to BS at the time he did, a wrong one. ANd Denis will never admit he is wrong...

coca-cola

Juniors
taylor is obviously a major player in the coaching business. thats why the big clubs like souths and thats it are after him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
PB said:
Don't know if it has been mentioned. But to answer that above McRae got his deal extened by one year earlier this year. Meaning he is contracted as head coach for next year only. (I think)

So there is much more opportunity for JT at Souths than Parra.

And ask yourself people, if you did everything asked of you and got snubbed for a job at your place of work, and wouldn't get another shot at it for at least 3 years, would you hang around?! Heck no!

This whole situation has all been caused by Fitzgerald and the board, and while i am a big believer in a "contract being a contract", he is picking and choosing when he wants that to stick.

If JT goes, it creates more drama and more fuel to the fire that Denis's decision to do what he did to BS at the time he did, a wrong one. ANd Denis will never admit he is wrong...

Yeah, but IF Taylor is such a good coach, how come he hasn't been able to help our First Grade team reach new heights?

Something to think about. Serving 3 more years under the experienced Michael Hagan would have been good for him, I believe.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
Yeah, but IF Taylor is such a good coach, how come he hasn't been able to help our First Grade team reach new heights?

Something to think about. Serving 3 more years under the experienced Michael Hagan would have been good for him, I believe.

but does Hagan want him there??

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
Didn't think of that lol.

I wasn't so sure myself before the story about him and Souths surfaced than I since heard that he's highly unlikely to be here next season, so it kinda made sence that he apparently wanted out straight away.

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's fair enough. If he's looking out for his own career, then cool.

But why did he have to even consider leaving us 6 rounds into the season? We're in enough confusion as it is.

I just hope HE can focus 100% on the Eels for 2006...I also hope Brian and Sharpy can, too...But somehow I don't think it will be the case...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
That's fair enough. If he's looking out for his own career, then cool.

But why did he have to even consider leaving us 6 rounds into the season? We're in enough confusion as it is.

I just hope HE can focus 100% on the Eels for 2006...I also hope Brian and Sharpy can, too...But somehow I don't think it will be the case...

Sharpy's already gone..Mat Cameron is the new assistant to Brian and JT will be with us till the end of the year.

Hellsy

Immortal
Eelementary said:

he is only the assistant coach as well... he can't set the world on fire from that position

Eelementary

Post Whore
I know he's just an assistant. What I mean is that he obviously reckons he's a talented coach - which is why, perhaps, he wants to go to Souths because he can get a First Grade gig quicker than at the Eels. But he hasn't been able to assist Brian and the Eels to a Premiership lol.

Anyway - I have a lot of time for JT. I just wish he didn't think about leaving us so soon. I mean, people can come and say, "Brian and co. are 100% focused on the Eels, and there are no internal issues at all," but after everything we've seen and heard, it would be silly to say that everything is 100% fine, you know? And JT leaving (or thinking about it) would probably make things worse.

Hellsy

Immortal
But he has really only been the fulltime assistant to BS this year, last year his focus was on Ressies which did win their premiership.
Rome wasn't built in a day is all I'm saying

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fair enough.

I wish him all the best. I just think his timing could have been better.

Although I never really expected much from 2006 anyway lol.

Utey

Coach
2006 was supposed to be much better than this...

Ill give it time but Iam glad Hagan is coming, we really need a fresh start.

PB

Bench
Eelementary said:

Well the rumored replacement assistant is Farrer, he is currently assistant at Wigan, arguably the proudest club in UK footy, and look how they are going....

Latest posts