What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor denied job with Souths

Avenger

Immortal
I think it is a good idea to have anything connected with Brian (coaching wise) be released from the club in 2007.

Utey

Coach
Avenger said:
I think it is a good idea to have anything connected with Brian (coaching wise) be released from the club in 2007.

I think thatd leave us more stuffed then we are now. I agree that having dead weight isnt helping, but it seems like Smithy is going there by himself anyways.

coca-cola

Juniors
i understand why souths are going after jason taylor though. he would be one of the best players on their team.

Eelementary

Post Whore
strider said:
u don't know sh*t about the situation JT is in - no f**king clue

And? So what?

He's making things worse for the club by going on like this.

But oh yes - let's praise the guy.

Suitman

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
And? So what?

There are very few of us (if any) who actually know what is happening re JT.

So we should neither praise nor criticise the situation, just comment.

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
Suitman said:

Suity

Which is exactly what I did. I made a comment on how much I admire him for even thinking about quitting the team given the situation we're currently in.

strider

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
And? So what?

i'm not saying we should praise him - i just think you are being extremely harsh on him (ie "wanker") without any knowledge of the situation

Hellsy

Immortal
Suitman said:

Suity

Exactly.

There is no need to call JT a wanker without knowing what is behind his motivation to ask for a release. There could be many other factors.. money, location, oppotunity for a future head coach position. No-one knows.
JT has shown this club an awful lot of his time and loyalty over the last few years, something is strange for him to ask for a release.. but he is not a wanker because of it

Eelementary

Post Whore
strider said:
i'm not saying we should praise him - i just think you are being extremely harsh on him (ie "wanker") without any knowledge of the situation

OK, that's a fair enough point. Perhaps I was a tad too harsh.

I'm just not very impressed with him wanting to leave in the middle of our situation. Next year - sure. He's off contract. But now, when we need him...It's just disappointing.

strider

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
OK, that's a fair enough point. Perhaps I was a tad too harsh.

I'm just not very impressed with him wanting to leave in the middle of our situation. Next year - sure. He's off contract. But now, when we need him...It's just disappointing.

but u have no issue with a certain mr lyon .... at least jt is gonna stick by his contract

Eelementary

Post Whore
True...

But what I don't understand with JT is that he wants to leave us for Souths for the same position. And from everything I understand from South Sydney's point of view, they are interested in keeping Macrae for as long as he wants to be there - meaning JT wouldn't have a shot at First Grade that quickly. May as well stay lol.

I guess we should be used to people walking out or wanting to walk out by now.

strider

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
True...

But what I don't understand with JT is that he wants to leave us for Souths for the same position. And from everything I understand from South Sydney's point of view, they are interested in keeping Macrae for as long as he wants to be there - meaning JT wouldn't have a shot at First Grade that quickly. May as well stay lol.

I guess we should be used to people walking out or wanting to walk out by now.

macrae ain't getting them anywhere and (as far as i am aware) they have not given him any long term seal of approval ... it might be the same position right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to it down the track ... and maybe JT has no security at parra next season - i've read hages is likely to bring in a new mob - is there room for JT?

i think poor JT is in limbo at the moment .... he's done all he can coaching at a lower level (won a PL GF) - needs a path to something higher ... and I'm not prepared to lay sh*t on him for trying to get that when his current position seems like a deadend

Stagger eel

Staff member
JT should do whatever he wants to do once his contract is finished at the club, he's a young ambitious coach with a terrific future and whatever he does..all power to him.

Latest posts