What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2012!!

Rolla

Juniors
putting Aku outside Sau would be one of the most massive selection blunders and neglections of our roster that you could possibly think up. horrible, horrible idea. dreadful. i don't know how much service Liki gives to his outside man, but it would have to be miles better than Jnr's.

Ha, yeah I agree totally. Just a habit due to Doogs and his fussy number demands.

Hoppa Jnr inside Aku would be....just....wow. If not give liki a shot, good to see him back in action.

Yosh

Coach
1. Boyd
2. Uate
3. Hoppa Jr
4. Sau
5. McManus

6. Henry
7. Mullen

8. Snowden
9. Kidley
10. Myles
11. Bird
12. Houston
13. Costigan

14. Bedsy
15. Taia
16. Faas
17. Tui

Now that's a team.

Knight4life

Juniors
1. Boyd
2. Uate
3. Sau
4. Likiliki/wes
5. Mcmanus
6. Henry
7.mullen
8.Costigan (much better suited doing hard yards up the middle IMO)
9. Gidley
10.Snowden
11.Taia
12.Housten
13.Tafua

14. Hilder (utility)
15. fa'oso
16. tuimavave
17. Edwards

cory patterson peeling oranges for centurions only if ben rogers is unavailable

88.Knights

Juniors
1.boyd
2.aku
3.sau
4.tahu
5.mcmanus
6.henry
7.mullen
8.snowden
9.gidley
10.costigan
11.house
12.taia
13.edwards

14.buderus
15.cook/tetavano
16.faaoso
17.tui/sims/ailomai/rmason

18.roberts 19.tuimavave 20.o'donnell 21.hilder 22.sims 23.ailomai 24.likiliki

no injury massacres and we definately win the comp!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Am I the only one that doesn't think Gidley is a great option as the number one hooker in the team? His running and passing games are adequate for a hooker, but I fear he lacks creativity. When Degois is at hooker, the team looks far more likely to score points imo. Gidley I believe is more suited to playing hooker when the opposition are tired when can do his quality dummy half runs. I think people on here are underestimating what a fit and healthy degois brings to the overall balance of the team.

Knight4life

Juniors
Am I the only one that doesn't think Gidley is a great option as the number one hooker in the team? His running and passing games are adequate for a hooker, but I fear he lacks creativity. When Degois is at hooker, the team looks far more likely to score points imo. Gidley I believe is more suited to playing hooker when the opposition are tired when can do his quality dummy half runs. I think people on here are underestimating what a fit and healthy degois brings to the overall balance of the team.

i agree totally but if we get boyd do we have room for de gois?? if not who do you play at hooker? de gois is the best hooker at the club. but i can see him being squeezed out which is a shame because we are so much sharper around the ruck with him there. If de gois was in our future plans as a high priority he would have already been re-signed IMO.

RABK

Referee
Welcome to the forum Knight4life.

Agree with what you said there.

Broncos re-signed Hodges today and his manager Mimis is also Boyds. I think the Boyd situation has been waiting upon this to see what kind of offer the broncos can come up with.

perverse

Referee
indeed, welcome to the forum Knight4life. i agree with your sentiments mostly... but honestly if Boyd does come here, i don't mind if De Gois is moved on, as long as there is a long term plan in place for hooker.

Bennett will sort it all out, this im sure of. i could totally cop Gidley to the centres, in fact i think it could work great, but how likely is it actually to happen? of all the positions he's known for, centre really isn't one of them.

i've floated it before and will float it again - i reckon he'd make a pretty good lock. we're very lock-rich at the moment... but it could be a good fit. i'll admit he's a bit small (short, anyway)... but that isn't unheard of for a lock, either. has the ticker and a bit of ballplaying. can captain the team well from there in the line and middle of the field. he couldn't be any smaller than Billy Peden, and he worked out pretty good. isn't going to make barnstorming hitups, but will threaten the line... and we've got more forwards coming in to do that stuff, anyway.

perverse

Referee
my 2011 team:

1. Boyd
2. McManus
3. Sau
4. Likiliki.. potentially could be Tahu, too...
5. Uate
6. Henry
7. Mullen
8. Snowden
9. De Gois
10. Myles
11. Costigan
12. Houston
13. Gidley (c)

14. Roberts/Bedsy if he comes i guess.
15. Taia
16. Fa'aoso
17. Tuimavave

my faith in Pato is really at an all time low. at least he'll get an off season and a year of footy with Bennett to make something of himself... but his contract negotiations are going to start probably before a ball is kicked next year. getting lil' Hoppa would probably be nice to fill that centre position that currently has liki/tahu.. but i've already treated the cap with reckless abandon.

Knight4life

Juniors
thanx 4 the welcome... personally i would like us to not sign boyd and go after a geniune centre, after all we were after idris, maybe beau champion even hoppa jnr, if we sign boyd we've then got 2 of the top 5 fullbacks in the game IMO seems like a waste, but boyd is class n u would definatly accomadate him.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Personally I dont think Patto will be here in 2013. Assuming Taia makes a full recovery, we will be stocked with backrowers of rep calibre in Housten, Taia, Costigan, potentially Myles, and the hopeful emergence of guys like KOD and Cook, plus your 'you know what your going to get' guys like Hilder and Edwards.

Patto really hasnt shown improvement necessary to justify another big money contract based on potential. I know he hasnt had the easiest road, but his good games are few and far between.

If the WA Reds get in in 2013, I think he will be an ideal candidate for their team, and one they will be targetting hard.

Noname36

First Grade
Matty Hilder really seems like a Bennett type of player. I'll be shocked if he isn't in the side somewhere.

Noname36

First Grade
i've floated it before and will float it again - i reckon he'd make a pretty good lock. we're very lock-rich at the moment... but it could be a good fit. i'll admit he's a bit small (short, anyway)... but that isn't unheard of for a lock, either. has the ticker and a bit of ballplaying. can captain the team well from there in the line and middle of the field. he couldn't be any smaller than Billy Peden, and he worked out pretty good. isn't going to make barnstorming hitups, but will threaten the line... and we've got more forwards coming in to do that stuff, anyway.

I agree. I'd happily have Gids at lock providing he doesn't try and play like a traditional lock (due to his size). I think with Bennett's proven record using forwards, we could afford to have Gids playing a less traditional lock role too imo.

I don't know. I just don't think he or Hilder are good enough as first choice hookers, and Bedsy (if he comes) is too old to start. Which is why I think we need to keep De Gois. Gids or Bedsy can jump in there when the forwards are tiring, but imo we need Issac there for his creativity at hooker that neither Gids or Hilder have.

Disregarding the salary cap completely for a moment:

1. Boyd
6. Henry
7. Mullen
9. De Gois
13. Gids

14. Bedsy/Hilder/Roberts

aqua_duck

Coach
How the f*k are you under the cap with that team

I'm guessing a combination of players taking slight unders, eg Snowden wanting to be closer to his family, Boyd being Bennett's bitch, Bedsy wanting to come home, etc; 3rd party deals; long service allowance; maybe some backloading, and also some current players might have has their contracts frontloaded. What will also help is the shedding of depth players like Ciraldo, Southern, Karawana, Junior Burger, Mika, Naiqama, etc and replacing them with minimum wage kids

Latest posts