What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2012!!

Alex28

Coach
1. Boyd
6. Henry
7. Mullen
9. Kidley

I think it has to be done.

Rubbish. De Gois has to stay. We need a decent centre more than we need to burn a hooker for no real reason. He could be a Knight for the next 6 or 7 years and you want to cut him for someone who has maybe 3 years left with us?

Greg Bird is a strong chance too of returning home according to fox news. I reckon wayne is going to surprise everyone and recruit a strong roster. Hodges off contract too.

RABK

Referee
1.Boyd
2.McManus
3.Sau
4.Gidley
5.Uate
6.Henry
7.Mullen
8.Snowden
9.De Gois
10.Costigan
11.Taia
12.Houston
13.Bird

14.Hilder
15.Patterson
16.Faas
17.Tui

I'm wagering that, i heard Bird is coming home after 10 years.

Coastbloke

Bench
You blokes are delusional in the extreme..

If Boyd comes the Newcastle, Bennett is no dope and doesn't care about what about what's current..

Bennetts the big picture.. I CAN believe the stuff you're coming with but it's so 'rose coloured glasses'it's not funny..

1. Boyd
6. Gidley
7. Mullen
9. De Gois..

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
i think this might be worth further investigation if Gids wants to take on the line so often:

1. Boyd
6. Henry
7. Mullen
9. De Gois
13. Gidley (c)

hmm. thoughts? Gids wouldn't be much smaller than an Alan Tongue, would he?
how good is that for a f**king spine? in fact here you go, just with Boyd and Snowy coming:

1. Boyd
2. McManus
3. Sau
4. ???
5. Uate
6. Henry
7. Mullen
8. Snowden
9. De Gois
10. Costigan
11. Taia
12. Houston
13. Gidley (c)

14. Hilder
15. ???
16. Fa'aoso
17. ???

very, very, very capable team, that one. fill in the centre with Likkers or another signing perhaps. you've got Tetevano, Kyle O'Donnell, Ethan Cook coming through and are all looking likely for first grade... although we'll have to see on Tetevano given the way they are using him in NSW cup.

I suggested that idea to a mate today. I reckon it could very well be a winner after what I've seen of Gidley's game so far this season.

Coastbloke

Bench
Wow,

I was smashed from pillory to post in summer for wanting Gids in a position he's proven in (halves) and now some want him the Centres..

Look, I'll admit I was surprised that Henry did so well in the starting rounds and thought he did really well, but Bennett is being paid $4 mill, you think he's going to risk that..??

Gids will straight to the halves if Boyd joins..

How long has Bennett been coach at SGI..??..Where was Henry let go from..??..Was there a future for him at SGI when Bennet was there, how come he wasn't retained as a future star..??

Does Bennett rate him..These are legit questions that should be asked before you starts with pre summer team fantasies...

Whats Doing

Bench
Joseph Tomane is lingering in QLD cup and he would be a very handy pickup at a reasonable price considering the titans have got Idris.

Apey

Staff member
You blokes are delusional in the extreme..

If Boyd comes the Newcastle, Bennett is no dope and doesn't care about what about what's current..

Bennetts the big picture.. I CAN believe the stuff you're coming with but it's so 'rose coloured glasses'it's not funny..

1. Boyd
6. Gidley
7. Mullen
9. De Gois..

welcome back dopey

what's our record with mullen/henry this year compared to mullen/gidley?

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Does anyone think Bennett could help develop Likiliki into a quality centre? His defence is one of the main things that lets him down, but I believe Bennett can fix that and turn him into a quality centre. He's got all the assets to be a top player, he's very powerful with ball in hand and is quite skillful too. I think we should stick with him to save some $$$ instead of going after another centre. It's worth a go IMO

Next year, Sau/Likiliki in the centres, Boyd at FB and Gidley at lock/hooker.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
Allstar - Bennett could cure cancer if he wasn't busy developing players and winning premierships. he has taken it upon himself to not only win a premiership with a third club, but to turn us into the premier rugby league team in the country. he clearly believes in Tinklers vision (which is a massive endorsement that we're on the right track in itself), and i'll back him to follow through on it. we know he will have he resources to do it.

we have the money, we have the coach. i can't fathom a way we can lose. you can never guarentee a premiership, those are wise words, but we've done the next best thing. we will be successful and be one of the strongest teams in the comp. how we get there, and with which players, is anyones guess... but both Tinkler and Bennett seem to share the same philosophy of nurturing homegrown talent. it makes me feel safe that blokes like Ethan Cook arn't going anywhere.

Alex28

Coach
Coasty - Gidley is not a half. He has proven that in the past and he has proven that over the last few weeks.

perverse

Referee
Bennett will find the right answer. he might even get Gids playing like a real half. he is that good. remember how no-one wanted a bar of Jamie Soward before Bennett got him under his wing?

Benny has a masterplan for sure and Tinkler will make it happen. A squad which anyone will want to play for and more to the point they will takes unders to do so.

Spot On

Coach
Gids in the halves hey. How many more losses before Coastal Dribble gets it. He's a utility player who goes well at fullback. He is nearly clueless in the halves at times. Stiffles a lot of the attack. Assuming Darius comes for the ride, Bennett to put Gidley to the bench and come on at hooker and destroy teams in and around the ruck in the secong part of each half.

Gids in the halves hey. How many more losses before Coastal Dribble gets it. He's a utility player who goes well at fullback. He is nearly clueless in the halves at times. Stiffles a lot of the attack. Assuming Darius comes for the ride, Bennett to put Gidley to the bench and come on at hooker and destroy teams in and around the ruck in the secong part of each half.

Bennet to petition the league to increase onfield numbers from 13 to 14 and Gidley goes to the newly formed "Ruck Rover" position - long term problem solved.

General Knight

Juniors
Been a while since I posted here but with all this good news lately I thought I'd post up a team I'd like to see in the next year or two.

1. Boyd
2. Uate
3. Gidley
4. Wes
5. Mac
6. Henry
7. Mullen
8. Snowden
9. Ennis
10. Costigan
11. Taia
12. House