What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2012!!

Isaac may well go to the Bulldogs. Makes sense. He would fit that club well. The team general knight has posted would almost start the season as competition favourites in 2012. It would also have every other club asking how we can afford it. The forward pack is 100% representative calibre to start with. I hope Tinks has the 3rd parties sorted and legit. I am sure he does.

Last edited:
I'd be sad to loose De Gois but stoked to get Ennis back....... Injuries have killed it for De Gois I am afraid and while he may get back to his best and I hope he does, even if he does he isn't as good as Ennis.

And believe me I love De Gois and wouldn't be sad if we kept him.

Alex28

Coach
I dont know...Ennis kinda lost me in Origin 3 when he threw the punch and then hid behind another player to avoid being belted.

I appreciate we are buying back the farm and for the most of it I respect what Tinkler and Bennett want to do. However I reckon De Gois could be a great player under the right coaching, and I think everyone here agrees that we under use him by not playing him for 80 minutes at the moment.

I know the injuries aren't his fault, but can he get fit? (Trying to avoid an Ian)

On the other hand Ennis is never injured.

League_God

Juniors
I've always been a massive fan of gids to lock.

1.Shannon McDonell
2.Keith Lulia
3.James McManus
4.Corey Patterson
5.Wes Naquima
6.Matt Hilder
7.Dan Tolar (c)
8.Antonio Kafusi
9.George Ndaira
10.Steve Southern
11.Marvin Karwana
12.Con Mika
13.Cameron Ciraldo

Coach: Wayne Bennett

bench undecided.
With that side and coach, 2012 is as good as ours.

Alex28

Coach
And I thought Ian was random...

Back to reality - Are Ike's injuries repetitive? I mean a broken thumb isn't something you can really condition yourself for...

Bicey_18

Bench
1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Junior Sau
4. Siuatonga Likiliki
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Kurt Gidley
8. Kade Snowden
9. Michael Ennis
10. Neville Costigan
11. Chris Houston
12. Zeb Taia
13. Greg Bird

14. Beau Henry
15. Antonio Kaufusi
16. Evarn Tuimavave
17. Cory Paterson

Johns Magic

Referee
I would prefer to keep De Gois than get Ennis. Just in case my previous post made it sounded the other way,

Joker's Wild

Coach
^ Thank f**k I am not the only one who thinks this

I think Isaac is the better team player to be honest. Ennis can make some big plays but gives away far too many silly penalties for me to take him above Ike. Also given Ennis is a rep player one would imagine it would be cheaper to resign Ike too.

Bicey_18

Bench
While thats true.. the whole idea of "Buying back the farm" could be a factor.

Snowden, Ennis, Bird, Boyd(I know he isnt a local but you would be mad not to have him in your starting 13)... clearing out all the off contract players minus Gidley and possibly Sau

88.Knights

Juniors
1.gidley
2.mcmanus
3.?
4.boyd
5.uate
6.henry
7.mullen
8.snowden
9.degois
10.costigan
11.taia
12.paterson
13.bird

14.hilder
15.edwards
16.faaoso
17.houston

Cook, Tetavano, O'donnell, Likiliki, Matautia, K Naiqama, Ailoami, K Sims, Roberts to be used instead of all the nuffies wasting our cap tolar, ciraldo, mcdonnell, kaufusi, rogers, southern, karawana, ndaira, wes. bye bye nuffies.

bennett turned soward from rubbish to a great 5/8 but imo mullens best is still better, imagine what mullen will turn into with a couple of years of bennett. As well as all the others like aku, pato, faaoso that could be turned into to something awesome.

picking up a cheap quality centre like tomane or will chambers if thats at all possible will probly be better option than sau (but bennett was involved in coaching the nz team where he plays so well, so maybe just maybe that could bring out his nz form permanently).

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Junior Sau
4. Siuatonga Likiliki
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Kurt Gidley
8. Kade Snowden
9. Michael Ennis
10. Neville Costigan
11. Chris Houston
12. Zeb Taia
13. Greg Bird

14. Beau Henry
15. Antonio Kaufusi
16. Evarn Tuimavave
17. Cory Paterson

?? It's not even our preferred option at the moment. Gidley is still not a half, he never will be unless he absolutley has to be.

Alex28

Coach
Not even Wayne Bennett can make someone into something they can't be. He can be a very food fullback, centre, hooker, lock.

We have tried and tried to make him in to a half and it hasn't worked. He doesn't make the right decisions when he dictates play. He is much better having something created for him.

He won't be a half on a permanent basis.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
De Gois is a better player then Ennis. Much sharper out of dummy half and actually gives the halves enough ball, unlike Ennis who takes things upon himself and fails 9/10. Ennis' kicking game is below par, at least De Gois knows that's something that's not a strong part of his game, so he doesn't use it.

Would prefer Gids at 9 over Ennis too.

Bicey_18

Bench
If you look at the Dragons... Soward is their main go to man when it comes to kicking, whilst Fien usually kicks from dummy half.... Hornby very rarely kicks. Could be similar here next year, Mullen will be the go to man for kicks, and Ennis from dummy half also.

Yosh

Coach
I think I got it covered guys:

1. Boyd (has to be)
2. Uate
3. Hodges
4. Lilliki
5. McManus

6. Henry
7. Mullen

8. Snowden
9. Kidley
10. Nev
11. Taia
12. House
13. Bird

14. Hilder
15. Faas
16. Edwards
17. Patto

Owner: Tinkler
Head Coach: Wayne Bennet
Assistant Coach: Rick Stone

2012 Premiership: Ours
Newcastle Supporters: Happy and off their faces for most of 2012
Beer Sales in the Hunter: Through the roof

I think that's the way to go.

Backline oozes class. Fowards are gonna run over most teams.

Can't wait to see WB style defence kick in.

Adsy

Juniors
1. Boyd
2. McManus
3. Likiliki
4. Hodges
5. Uate
6. Henry
7. Mullen
8. Snowden
9. Gidley
10. Costigan