What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2012!!

League_God

Juniors
I had a dream last night the knights won the 2012 GF. I remember what number some of the players had on their back;

1.Darius Boyd
2.Aku Uate
3.Wes Naquima
4.Timana Tahu
5.Situonga Likiliki

6.Jarred Mullen
7.Tyrone Roberts

8.Nev Costigan
9.Kurt Gidley
10.Kade Snowden

11.Zane Tetevano
12.Zeb Taia
13.Chris Houston

14.Danny Buderus
15.Richie Faaso
16.Evarn Tuimavave
17.Alex McKinnon

The bold were players I clearly remember playing and playing well.
Gidley was MOTM.

No Sau, perhaps this means he will get injured?? I don't mind the look of that side. McKinnon is a funny one because prior to my dream I had forgotten we even signed him.

billy2

Juniors
Likiliki has the potential to be a younger and better version of Vuna. He is a better broken field runner than Vuna, but has the same speed and power. Spend the off season with Stig bombing him and Uate running at him and he'll be ready for a wing spot.
Jimmy was a centre all through the lower grades. He only played wing in firstgrade because there was a vacancy, and he quickly picked up the skills, but he quickly picks up any skills, and would be an even better centre than winger.
Pete is the perfect centre to play inside Uate. He has ball skills to set up Uate, and he has defensive skills to work with him.
Tets could be either a prop or a second rower. I'd like to see him play a bit of each early in the season, to see where he makes the most impact.
Cook will be our 13 for the next 10 years. He will force his way into the side during the season, and we'll never think about anyone else from then on.

Boyd
Aku
Wes
Timana
Liki
Our strongest backline for talent.

Mullo
Roberts
Still think Tyrone could be anything

Snowy
Gids
Nev
House
Zeb
Eddie

As good a forward pack as u will find

Bench
Bedsy
Hilder
Cuthbo( if signed)
Fas

The fact mckinnon, sau and macca are missing says a lot about our chances in 2012.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Liki would need to improve a massive amount in defence to play wing though. He still struggles defensively in his natural position, centre.

Having said that, I reckon he could turn into a gun winger with a lot of help from the coaching staff.

Still reckon Aku and Jimmy are our long term wingers though

Yosh

Coach
I think Jimmy is gonna fall out of flavor soon.

Tahu
Wes
Pete
Lilikiki
Aku
Sau
Jimmy
McKinnon
Those guys competing for 4 spots. Aku is a certainty so basically the rest compteting for 3 spots. Doubt Jimmy will see out the season...

RHCP

Bench
I think Jimmy is gonna fall out of flavor soon.

Tahu
Wes
Pete
Lilikiki
Aku
Sau
Jimmy
McKinnon
Those guys competing for 4 spots. Aku is a certainty so basically the rest compteting for 3 spots. Doubt Jimmy will see out the season...
Do you mean favour there Yoshy?

Jimmy is safe, both in his play and on the team sheet. Cooper Vuna was tearing it up in 2010 and he still couldn't force him out of the side. McManus is to Newcastle what Gidley is to the Blues and Kangaroos; not the flashiest, not even the best, but he's reliable and hard working and coaches love that.

Junior is the only player in danger, and I can see Bennett really bringing the best out of him. If he were to bring over the left side sweep play executed at the Dragons, which is more than likely, than Sau will be in the double figures for tries. He's near unstoppable close to the line, that play is almost tailor made for Sau.

1. Boyd
2. Uate
3. Wes
4. Sau
5. McManus

timka4

Bench
Isn't this like the first year in a couple of years that Jimmy will have an injury free off season? He was going great before he was selected for origin and got injured in 09'.
I love Jimmy in the side, I'd have him over Sau

Jobdog

Live Update Team
It's going to be great to have such a plethora of backs to choose from each week. We're surely overdue for a good run with injuries. Surely.

I think it is a testament to Jimmy's class that opposition sides will opt to kick the high ball to Uate 9 times out of 10 over kicking it to Jimmy. Jimmy is the safest winger in the game under the high ball.

Given Wes' versatility I think a bench spot for him as our utility is not out of the question either. Can cover every backline spot and play second row if needed.

broncos2010

Juniors
There is no way wes is going to settle for a bench spot after the year he had plus Buderous will already have one bench spot so you cant carry 2 backs on the bench unless your the tigers lol.

I think this would be a good spine

1.Boyd
2.Uate
3.Wes
4.Sau
5. Pete M the young dude that played a couple games can't remember his name
6 Stig
7. Mullen

9.Gidley <-- he needs to be there every time he has played there for knights he has been great and even NSW.

aqua_duck

Coach
Given Wes' versatility I think a bench spot for him as our utility is not out of the question either. Can cover every backline spot and play second row if needed.

No, Wes either starts or doesn't play at all. He isn't a second rower's ****hole. I'd rather have McKinnon as the bench utility

Joker's Wild

Coach
There is no way wes is going to settle for a bench spot after the year he had plus Buderous will already have one bench spot so you cant carry 2 backs on the bench unless your the tigers lol.

I think this would be a good spine

1.Boyd
2.Uate
3.Wes
4.Sau
5. Pete M the young dude that played a couple games can't remember his name
6 Stig
7. Mullen

9.Gidley <-- he needs to be there every time he has played there for knights he has been great and even NSW.

2 backs on the bench? You do realise that Bedsy is a forward dont you?

Anyway, I think Jimmy will get 1st crack at a wing spot over guys like Pete M and Likiki and the centres will most likelt fall to Sau and Wes. I can also see Tahu coming off the bench and playing in the backrow like he did for Penrith.

broncos2010

Juniors
Oh sorry I forgot about Tahu , I think he will partner Sau in the centers and that will mean wes will go to the wing. Still a bloody good team.

Rolla

Juniors
I think it is a testament to Jimmy's class that opposition sides will opt to kick the high ball to Uate 9 times out of 10 over kicking it to Jimmy. Jimmy is the safest winger in the game under the high ball.

And because Aku is often sketchy under the highball.

I think the competition will be great! As someone said Aku is the only sure thing. It is too hard to speculate and i think form will be the deciding factor. Sau will need to up his game, Wes will need to repeat last years form and T will have to keep his head in the right place. If all those things happen i don't see a spot for Jimmy, but there is a good chance all those things won't happen.

RHCP

Bench
Wes' form this season was better than anything Tahu has produced since returning from Union. Timana will only be in the full strength 17 if Bennett wants to use him as a bench player to cover second row/centre/winger.

Burwood

Bench
Not sure how much I like the idea of Wes and Uate combining- he didn't give him very good ball from memory when he was playing beside him early in the season.

Joker's Wild

Coach
None of our centres offer good service to their wingers really. Sau, Likiliki and Wes are all ball hogs to one degree or another