What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team 2012!!

Yosh

Coach
What's Tahu like? Truth be told, I haven't watched much of him since he left the club.

Played left centre at Parra. When uninjured was on fire. Offence and defence were amazing.

Insert stats:

I believe he is too injury prone to be of any real use though...

Serc

First Grade
Has been nothing special since coming back from union, but this year was stringing a couple of good games together for the Panthers just as he got injured...fingers crossed he plays well for us! I really wouldn't have been interested in him at all if I hadn't seen that recent form though.

Joker's Wild

Coach
My full strength 2012 starting 17 would be:

1. Boyd
2. Aku
3. Wes
4. Sau
5. McManus
6. Mullen
7. Roberts
8. Snowden
9. Gids
10. Costigan
11. Houston
12. Taia
13. Hilder

14. Bedsy
15. Faas
16. Edwards
17. Tui

I really think Nev needs to be shifted up front to allow for the massive depth we have in the back row. He is not that effective running wide these days.

broncos2010

Juniors
You guys still have one issue and that is the halves. It's pretty much if mullen goes on the field and plays you win if not and he stuff around and does not get involved its a long day. Still the outside backs and forwards look pretty strong. Only question is about taia is he going to be the same player he once was or just a shadow of himself.

You guys still have one issue and that is the halves. It's pretty much if mullen goes on the field and plays you win if not and he stuff around and does not get involved its a long day. Still the outside backs and forwards look pretty strong. Only question is about taia is he going to be the same player he once was or just a shadow of himself.
I can't help but think Mullen will get it together next year. His career at the Knights depends on it as we all know. He has the perfect person in Bennett to unlock the brilliant player we all know is inside of him somewhere.

Joker's Wild

Coach

Not too many questions regarding Taia mate. He was pretty strong in his comeback game against the Storm in the semi and looked the goods. Im confident he will be back to his best after this off season

Jono078

Referee
I'm expecting round 1 to look somethings like this;

1 Darius Boyd
2 Akuila Uate
3 Junior Sau
4 Timana Tahu
5 James McManus
6 Jarrod Mullen
7 Kurt Gidley
8 Evarn Tuimavave
9 Danny Buderus
10 Kade Snowden
11 Zeb Taia
12 Chris Houston
13 Neville Costigan
--
14 Matt Hilder
15 Richie Fa'aoso
16 Joel Edwards
17 Zane Tetevano

billy2

Juniors
I'm convinced that Ethan Cook, Likiliki and Rodney Mason will be the big improvers in the off season.
I think they will be contenders for a firstgrade spot from the start of the season.
Alex McKinnon and Tyrone Roberts could put their hands up too.

Rolla

Juniors
I would like to see

1 Darius Boyd
2 Akuila Uate
3 Timana Tahu
4 Junior Sau
5 Wes
6 Jarrod Mullen
7 Kurt Gidley
8 Evarn Tuimavave
9 Danny Buderus
10 Kade Snowden
11 Zeb Taia
12 Chris Houston
13 Neville Costigan
--
14 Matt Hilder
15 Richie Fa'aoso
16 Joel Edwards
17 Zane Tetevano

Pretty similar to Jono's team and leaves plenty of good players fighting for a spot outside the top 17

Seage

Juniors
I'm amazed at the amount of squads on here that have 'Chainsaw' Edwards on the bench. I realise we've got huge backrow depth but that kid is the mustard.

1. Boyd
2. Uate
3. Sau
4. Wes
5. McManus
6. Gidley
7. Mullen
8. Evarn
9. Buderus
10. Snowden
11. Houston
12. Costigan
13. Edwards.

14. Hilder
15. Tahu
16. Fa'aoso
17. Taia

No prizes for any selections there....

billy2

Juniors
Do Cook and Mason have another year of NYC or will they have to move to NSW Cup next year?
Cook, Mason, Roberts and Anderson move to the fulltime senior squad next season.
Some of Redman, Will Smith, Sullivan, Pewhairangi and the Mata'utia brothers will probably train with firstgrade if we follow the patterns Stone and Smith set, but can all play NYC.

Rolla

Juniors
Cook, Mason, Roberts and Anderson move to the fulltime senior squad next season.
Some of Redman, Will Smith, Sullivan, Pewhairangi and the Mata'utia brothers will probably train with firstgrade if we follow the patterns Stone and Smith set, but can all play NYC.

Any surprises there mate? In particular did anyone miss out that you would have thought deserved a place? Or anyone lucky to be there?

billy2

Juniors
Any surprises there mate? In particular did anyone miss out that you would have thought deserved a place? Or anyone lucky to be there?
I was saying Rodney Mason should get a place, but didn't think he would because he has only produced the goods in half a dozen games over the last few seasons. You can see he has the natural gifts of his brother, but it's all potential so far.
Anderson is the opposite of Mason, no natural gifts, but played his arse off to get a shot.

I've been a Jarrod Tua fan for a while, but the fact he has only got a few games of NYC this year makes me think he won't get a go. Tua is a Kiwi import who was as raw as anything in 2010 - as raw as Uate in his first year of NYC. In 2011 he has looked okay in Centurions and his few games of NYC, but still raw. He reminds me of Keith Lulia, but a bit quicker.

Rolla

Juniors
Cheers.

I think of the guys mentioned Cook is the one i am looking forward to seeing (based on reputation). It is good to have quite a few young blokes pushing for selection (tets, pete, liki, roberts, stig, KOD and the guys who have earned a contract)

Latest posts