What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team Changes vs Warriors

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Good Work on bringing us the news Jodeci - Im so happy for Weller!!
He waved to me last week and everything! I feel so proud! Maybe im his good luck charm? :shock:

Kornstar

Coach
So far i am very happy with Hagan, even if we don't make the 8 this year, i won't be too dissapointed as he has started to blood players that should have been properly blooded in the last few years.

I think he is building towards next year than this year, if we go better than expected this year then so be it, but next year is the year we should really push for the title imo

parra pete

Referee
JessEel said:
Good Work on bringing us the news Jodeci - Im so happy for Weller!!
He waved to me last week and everything! I feel so proud! Maybe im his good luck charm? :shock:

Nothing to do with you being a good sort? :lol:

eloquentEEL

First Grade
It gives both Weller and the club a better appreciation of his first grade potential, and provides good coverage in the event of a big injury toll later... ie. to be able to bring in players that have at least had a taste of first grade, rather than bringing in complete rookies.

It also gives Hagan a chance to look at the juniors on a more equal footing with each other and with other "fringe" first graders. Allow me to explain. A junior that is a bit lower on the pecking order, normally only gets called on when the team is completely ravaged by injury and they end up playing in a severely depleted team. They don't have the same opportunity as the first cab off the rank, who gets to play in a team which is almost at full strength. Weller now has that opportunity and it will give Hagan a much better comparison between Weller and Ian, for example.

The more I think about it, the more I'm liking these selection tactics.

Suitman

Post Whore
eloquentEEL said:
It gives both Weller and the club a better appreciation of his first grade potential, and provides good coverage in the event of a big injury toll later... ie. to be able to bring in players that have at least had a taste of first grade, rather than bringing in complete rookies.

It also gives Hagan a chance to look at the juniors on a more equal footing with each other and with other "fringe" first graders. Allow me to explain. A junior that is a bit lower on the pecking order, normally only gets called on when the team is completely ravaged by injury and they end up playing in a severely depleted team. They don't have the same opportunity as the first cab off the rank, who gets to play in a team which is almost at full strength. Weller now has that opportunity and it will give Hagan a much better comparison between Weller and Ian, for example.

The more I think about it, the more I'm liking these selection tactics.

Very good point mate. The selection tactics, (if that's what we call them) are also something we haven't seen much of for the past 10 years.
We've been crying out to see the young ones given a chance. Hagan is doing that.
As someone else said, we'll be a much stronger club in the long term for it.

Suity

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I personally would love to see Fa'aoso another chance as I thought he really added some mongrel in his one game this year against Canberra. I have heard his handling hasn't been great but I believe the one area we reallly need to improve is our aggression to be a top side and he definately adds that. I personally belive a lot of sides don't fear our forward pack except Fuifui

However am looking forward to Weller making his debut and hopefully Junior Paulo very soon

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Im starting to wonder whether Richard will get another go.

Theres too many players on the roster and not enough positions.

MrT

Juniors
I find it strange that Taia hasn't been called up instead.

For mine Weller is too small

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
I find it strange that Taia hasn't been called up instead.

For mine Weller is too small

tbh that's also been a concern of mine..I hope he proves us wrong tonight.