What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for next week

hineyrulz

Post Whore
yy_cheng said:
Hodgo and Wade would've hung around him like a puppy dog.
Speaking of Wade he was outstanding again today, Luckily for him he has left this rabble of a team. The Warriors are the real deal.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
hineyrulz said:
Speaking of Wade he was outstanding again today, Luckily for him he has left this rabble of a team. The Warriors are the real deal.

yeah good luck to wade what a loss to our team we have the most non existant backline attack in the comp.

and hayne has been terrible in both games back

This would be my team:

Hayne
INU
Smith- Admitedly he went ok today but his mobility is worrying.
Tahu
Grothe
Finch
Smith
Cayless
Riddell- I was Livid with him today
Cannings
N Hindmarsh- The Real McCoy good bye Ian
Taia
Wagon

PJ
Feleti- He will be lock sooner rather than later
Cordoba
Paulo,Huraki,Tsoulos, fa'aso

Matta

Juniors
This isn't necessarily a team for next week (Moimoi will still be unavailable), but if we don't see a team like this run on the next few weeks you can say bye bye to our season.

1 Lett
2 Hayne
3 Inu
4 Tahu
5 Grothe
6 Green
7 Maloney, I'd rather have Finch here but he needs to step up sooner rather than later
8 Cayless (c)
9 Marsh
10 Moimoi
11 N Hindmarsh
12 Mateo
13 Wagon

14 Keating
15 Cannings
16 Fa'aoso
17 Hauraki

Jodeci

Bench
From what I have seen from both games today:

1. Joel Reddy
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Krisian Inu
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe Jnr
6. Blake Green
7. Brett Finch
8. Nathan Cayless
9. Mark Riddell
10. Josh Cordoba
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Feleti Mateo
13. Daniel Wagon

14. PJ Marsh
15. Richard Fa'aoso
16. Chad Robinson
17. Either Zeb, Weller or Junior

Ant

Juniors
What I amazed about is that people have posted sides dropping one or all of these players Burt, Ben Smith, Reddy, Tim Smith and Finch.

Hayne in my view has been the worst of our backs in the last 2 weeks, he is currently a shadow of his former self. Yet we have excuses like he is frustrated, well I am certain his team mates are frustrated that he currently looks likes dropping the ball every 2nd time he hits it up, can't catch an uncontested bomb and can't number up in defence.

There may be the suggestion that Hayne has spent too much time in the gym, because he seems to have bulked up and currently seems to have lost a little speed.

Like I have said before there are some players that are fans favs and despite their bad form people won't pick on them.

I am not saying that any member of our backline was particularly good today.

But 3 tries came down Tahu and Hayne's edge. Yet no one has dropped them.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ant said:
What I amazed about is that people have posted sides dropping one or all of these players Burt, Ben Smith, Reddy, Tim Smith and Finch.

Hayne in my view has been the worst of our backs in the last 2 weeks, he is currently a shadow of his former self. Yet we have excuses like he is frustrated, well I am certain his team mates are frustrated that he currently looks likes dropping the ball every 2nd time he hits it up, can't catch an uncontested bomb and can't number up in defence.

There may be the suggestion that Hayne has spent too much time in the gym, because he seems to have bulked up and currently seems to have lost a little speed.

Like I have said before there are some players that are fans favs and despite their bad form people won't pick on them.

I am not saying that any member of our backline was particularly good today.

But 3 tries came down Tahu and Hayne's edge. Yet no one has dropped them.
Hayne wasn't great today, but geez what about last year. He took first grade by the scruff of the neck. Has Burt for example ever done what Hayne did last year? And Reddy is a fullback so thats Hagans f**k up not Reddy's.

Hellsy said:
Can I ask, out of today's effort, why you would drop Ben Smith over Luke Burt?

True!

I am a B Smith critic but he was one of the better ones today. I still believe That INU should be a head of all three Burty, Benny and Reddy.

Hellsy

Immortal
Sure, give him a burl!
We cant go much worse!

Ben is solid in defence though, he may be critisced for his attack, but defensively he is great

Kornstar

Coach
I thought Ben made great improvement today and pulled off some good hits and actually made more metres then he has recently......if he keeps it up then noone will call for his head, i am a fan of his and i think if we are patient, he will return to the form we know he can have.

TheRam

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
It didn't

I wanted Hagan sacked the day after he was signed as coach

it's just going to take time for others to realise I'm right.

Not me I thought it was a gee up when it was first mentioned... But then again DF is in charge isn't he?

1. Reddy
2. Hayne
3. Tahu
4. Smith
5. Grothe
6. Smith
7. Finch
8. Cayless (c)
9. Riddell
10. Lowrie
11. N Hindmarsh
12. I Hindmarsh
13. Robinson

14. PJ Marsh
15. Cordoba
16. Moi Moi
17. Tsolous (spelling)

Play Finch at half, and let smith direct the attacking options, at least finch will be able to steer them in the right direction than trying to create an attacking option.

Finch at Five Eighth= Hopeless

Burt, absolutely terrible today, must bring fresh meat in, Reddy is wasted in PL, and i would certainly prefer Reddy than burt

Reddy was brilliant today either, but he has more potential

unless inu or hayne can play fullback, its one of the other

bartman

Immortal
It will be the same team named on Tuesday as took the field week, with the exception of Grothe and Hindmarsh in for Reddy and... Lowrie or Mateo, or Hagan might name them in an 18.

If Hagan wants to make changes and promote someone he won't advertise it, like with Mateo this week. But unless injury forces him (eg had to put someone in that 17th spot as Tsoulos wasn't going to be ready/fit, used the week's training to decide who?), it's too early in the season for the new coach to be making drastic changes.

Let Hagan work on the first choice players at training, see an improved 80 minute performance this time at home for them to get their first win against winless opposition, and then take our season from there.

Pazza

First Grade
i thought robbo did his job quite well and wagon, lowrie or I hindy should be dropped before him

JOB 3:14

Juniors
1. Burt
2. Hayne (on his last legs until he gets a wake up call)
3. Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Finch (on his last legs until he gets a wake up call)
7. Smith
13. Robinson
12. Hindmarsh
11. Hindmarsh
10. Cannings (on his last legs until he gets a wake up call)
9. Marsh
8. Cayless
Bench:
18. Mateo
17. Riddell
16. Wagon
15. Lowrie

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Avenger said:
The two bumchums, Riddell and Tim Smith have been terrible and need to be dropped pronto.

Yet you'd keep Brett Finch in the team? Proven hack selected over young player who has shown more in FG than Finch EVER has. Tim looked dangerous yesterday at times, more than Finch did.

Is everyone losing their mind? I seem to recall a similar reaction when Souths smashed us in 2005, and what happened that year? Some of you are lining up first grade debuts for 4, 5, 6 players in one game, that is suicide. Changes do need to be made, but it's only round 3 and nothing is decided yet. Giving that many players their debut in the same game when we can still make the 8 easily (we're on the same points as the Broncos and the Bulldogs!) is just saying we have no chance when we do.

V1er

Juniors
1.Hayne
2. Inu
3. Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Green
7. Smith
8. Cayless
9. Marsh
10. Cannings