What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for next week

caylo

Bench
We are missing exercution... we need nathan back thats number 1, grothe i believe would have scored that reddy try, and I'm dissapointed with our halves, and hayne but i wouldnt drop them yet. Id bring up Mateo to start, drop ian lowrie and robo, for Fa'aoso and Taia.

Burt
Hayne
Smith
Tahu
Grothe (Inu)
Finch
Smith
Cayless
Riddell
Cannings
Hindmarsh (nathan)
Mateo
Wagon

Marsh
Cordoba
Fa'aoso
Tsulous/Taia

The Colonel

Immortal
Inu
Hayne
Smith, B
Tahu
Grothe
Finch
Smith
Cayless
Marsh
Cordoba
Hindmarsh
Wagon
Mateo

Riddell
Paulo
Fa'aoso
Taia
Lowrie

emjaycee

Coach
1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Inu
4. Smith
5. Tahu
6. Mateo
7. Finch
13. Grothe
12. N Hindmarsh
11.Riddell
10.Cannings
9. Marsh
8. Cayless

14. Robbo
15. Cordoba
16. Someone from PL
17. Someone from PL

Why?
HAYNE is being talked about as fullback and in my opinion, we saw the best from him last year when he was running the ball against the run of play (namely, intercepts and kick-returns). The opposition would have caught onto his interecept ability by now and will not doubt play it closer to the ruck when on his side of the field. At fullback, he offers an increased opportunity to make a break, whether from kick returns or by chiming into the backline or running off a forward that gets the ball away in second phase play.

I always thought that BURT played his best football on the wing. He is too light for a fullback (as is Hodgson IMHO) and is too easily driven backwards. But apart from his goalkicking, his ability to sniff out a try from a grubber kick is pretty good.

I havent seen a lot of Krisnan INU, however will refer to the numerous posts here about his ability to attack. We need some attack in the outside backs and neither B SMITH or TAHU do it for me and havent for the last 12 months.

B SMITH holds a spot in the centres as he does have the ability to break the line and his defence is normally solid, though I think Hages needs to consider not playing 'centre-a-side' in attack always and letting INU run off B SMITH - will work if we can get some go forward and a deep backline happening.

TAHU is a State of Origin Rep and he gets picked from Centre to always play Wing. To me, he is a winger. A centre needs to be able to pass the ball (and willing to as well) and T simply doesnt give his outside men a chance.

MATEO I havent seen enough of, but from all accounts he may be able to cement a place in FG if given time and opportunity.

We paid for FINCH so we need to use him, until he proves he doesnt fit in. I think he will come good cause he has a smart "football" brain - just that he trys too hard sometimes. Like all half-backs, only as good as the room his forwards give him. T SMITH has had a chance too many and is simply taking the wrong option too often. Needs to spend some more time in PL to get his game right. Once our forwards get moving might be good to bring him back but to inexperienced to handle the lack of go forward resulting in panicked decisions.

Surpise selection for some is GROTHE at lock - why? Why not? He can hit the ball up, he always looks to pass and his defence can be useful when he is not caught out in no-mans land marking 2 on 1.

N HINDMARSH and RIDDELL are the only options for go-forward second rowers that will look to set up second phase play on a regular basis.

MARSH has to be the hooker and he should become an 80 minute player from this week on.

CANNINGS and CAYLESS are the engine-room we need and if CANNINGS doesnt get injured I think he will return to the form we saw at Manly when we bought him in the first place.

Reserves are a great opportunity to blood some PL players, I just dont know enough about PL to name names. CORDOBA and ROBBO for giving Riddell, Cayless and Cannings a rest.

The Colonel

Immortal
emjaycee said:
Surpise selection for some is GROTHE at lock - why? Why not? He can hit the ball up, he always looks to pass and his defence can be useful when he is not caught out in no-mans land marking 2 on 1.

He also lacks the workrate of a top class lock. You want hit ups and offloads then Mateo is the player that needs to be there otherwise Taia or Fa'aoso.

emjaycee

Coach
The Colonel said:
He also lacks the workrate of a top class lock. You want hit ups and offloads then Mateo is the player that needs to be there otherwise Taia or Fa'aoso.

Colonel, maybe his hit up rate will improve if it is forced to by being at lock. I put Mateo into five-eighth cause I have heard his defence can be a little bit suss, but I was impressed with his ball handling yesterday.
Will bow to your superior knowledge of Zeb and Fa'aoso (I have two interchange spots waiting for them) :)

Oh and Grothe might just add to the Mongrel the pack needs.

The Colonel

Immortal
emjaycee said:
Colonel, maybe his hit up rate will improve if it is forced to by being at lock. I put Mateo into five-eighth cause I have heard his defence can be a little bit suss, but I was impressed with his ball handling yesterday.
Will bow to your superior knowledge of Zeb and Fa'aoso (I have two interchange spots waiting for them) :)

Maybe. I'd go with the fact he is a winger and shouldn't be anywhere near the forward pack.

Oh and Grothe might just add to the Mongrel the pack needs.

Highly unlikely.....

fish eel

Immortal
Of our current back row...Wagon, Hindmarsh I and Robinson, I dont think we can afford to carry 2 of those 3. They just dont cut it, to much of a muchness and dont offer anything .

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
emjaycee said:
We paid for FINCH so we need to use him, until he proves he doesnt fit in. I think he will come good cause he has a smart "football" brain - just that he trys too hard sometimes. Like all half-backs, only as good as the room his forwards give him. T SMITH has had a chance too many and is simply taking the wrong option too often. Needs to spend some more time in PL to get his game right. Once our forwards get moving might be good to bring him back but to inexperienced to handle the lack of go forward resulting in panicked decisions.

Tim has had one chance too many and Finch hasn't? Finch has never produced without a top quality five-eighth outside him (Fittler and Daley are the only two players to ever get anything out of Finch). The fans from his last two clubs hate him and he was released by the Roosters who are now using a 17 year old, a lock, Aubusson who hasn't had NRL experience and Josh Lewis in their halves. If that isn't one chance too many I don't know what is.

How can so many people give up on Tim? He's only 22 and two seasons ago some of you were talking about him being made captain. He's been our only creator in the last two games and you can't drop him for that.

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
Of our current back row...Wagon, Hindmarsh I and Robinson, I dont think we can afford to carry 2 of those 3. They just dont cut it, to much of a muchness and dont offer anything .

Wagon has done more than the latter two in recent weeks. Robinson and Hindmarsh are keeping players out of the team when they shouldn't be. Thankfully with Nathan back this week its a start and one will fall by the way side. Hopefully further than the bench.

fish eel

Immortal
On form, Wagon would be the one I'd keep, thrown in Nathan Hindmarsh AND maybe Zeb.

All the talk is about how good these guys are defensivley. Well f**k me, we've leaked how many points?

V1er

Juniors
Isnt Ian Hindmarsh's hearing tomorrow to see if he can continue playing for the eels? so he might be missing on friday night if its unsuccessful

Utey

Coach
V1er said:
Isnt Ian Hindmarsh's hearing tomorrow to see if he can continue playing for the eels? so he might be missing on friday night if its unsuccessful

We won't be missing much without him.

Burt (the only alternative is Hayne and I say no to that)
Lett
Inu
Tahu
Grothe
Finch
Green

Wagon
Taia
Hindy
Cannings (I just don't see anyone else being able to fill this spot)
Riddell
Cayless

Marsh
Mateo
Hauraki
I don't have a clue we don't have any good players left, lol

dio

Juniors
give smith and finch some time in reggies to try and combine if they dont :arrow: we are lacking creativity and that comes from the halves.

Parra Guru

Coach
1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. B Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. T Smith
13. Wagon
12. Robinson
11. N Hindmarsh
10. Cannings
9. Riddell
8. Cayless

14. Marsh
15. Mateo
16. I Hindmarsh
17. Fa'aoso

Avenger

Immortal
Anyone who still has Burt at fullback should admit themselves into the nuthouse. There is one near Parra Stadium.