What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for next week?

chinorocks

Juniors
Yea Thaiday did well to score it, hit the pass going so quick he sort of tripped and almost stuffed it...

My team

1. Kidley
2. Mcmanus
3. Doogs
4. Tighe - was fractionally better than Carmont whose defence was back to 2005 standard
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Johns
8. Woolnough - started well prepared to perservere if Sargent isnt fit
9. Buderus
10. Tolar
11. Simpson
12. Patterson
13. Abraham

14. Snowden
15. White - gets another chance was good first 2 weeks
16. Newton - needs a kick up ass demotion to bench may just do it
17. Polglase - courageous unlike most of the others I'd find him a spot purely on that after tonights f*cking debacle

knightsyeah12

Juniors
Krupa i think uve nailed it, i would have no problem with that team. we need new blood all our old forwards have done nothing apart from simpson, and abes wasnt too bad. big, strong young forwards, who actually run to the line and dont stop!

Johns Magic

Referee
1. Thaiday
2. McManus
3. MacDougall
4. Kidley
5. Tighe
6. Mullen
7. Johns
8. Tolar
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough(when the f**k is Sargent back?)
11. Simpson
12. Patterson
13. Abraham

14. Newton
15. Snowden
16. Perry
17. Seu Seu

Misanthrope

Staff member
Wholesale changes need to be made. Ignoring the fact we're 2 from 3, none of the performances have been what I'd call classic.

1: Gidley
2: McManus
3: Patterson
4: MacDougall
5: Uate
6: Mullen
7: Johns
8: Tolar
9: Buderus (c)
10: Woolnough
11: Simpson
12: Newton
13: Abraham

14: White
15: Snowden
16: Sargent/Perry
17: Seu Seu/Thaiday

Buderus needs to be captain. He at least seems to give a sh*t. I didn't see Joey yelling once all match. If he doesn't have the heart to be angry at a loss, he doesn't have the heart to captain this side.

I've gone with the big pairing of Patterson and Mad Dog in the centres. I think Newton and Abraham can both improve, and I think that both of the centres could do with some ball running at centres and wingers. Uate to get a run in firsts because, well, he can't be worse than Tighe or Carmont.

Bicey_18

Bench
Surely.... the debut of Uate is coming against the Storm

We will need his attacking brilliance

knightsyeah12

Juniors
Patto and simpson can hold their heads up they tried and played well. Thiday was pathetic, never been a supporter and after tonight i cant see how people can think he is FG material. he was nowhere near the ball after a kick, he stands in the middle and waits to c where it goes, he has horrible reading abilities. the stat
tackles-0
missed tackles-3 sums up thiday.

roopy

Referee
Kidley
McManus
Polglase
Carmont
Doogs
Mullo
Joey
White
Bedsy
Wooly
Simmo
Patto
Abes

Tolar
Snowy
Brown
Sargent

Joey is doing what he has done for the last few years - starting very slowly.
Bedsy tends to come in red hot after a break - so he will shrpen our defence and attack.
Tighe has had three weak games and Polglase has earnt a spot when he is over his concussion.
George deserves one more go despite having a shocker and not really being in good form yet.

Other guys who might get a look in are Reyno - and if Tanner, Tuafua or Laban had a great game in PL they might get a look in.

K-Man

Bench
Call me crazy, but as much as I agree that the forwards were a joke tonight, I also think Joey had a shocker and the team kept thinking they could "out attack" the Raiders. It seemed like the forwards were often ignored in favour of the "miracle play" option. Surely the entire pack weren't saying "I can't be bothered". They should all get another chance except Perry.

1. Thaiday (first game back, he wasn't as bad as some are suggesting. We looked totally pedestrian in attack then he scored out of nowhere - noone else would've got that try. 1 dropped ball that looked like a strip, you can't hang him out to dry for a few mishaps).
2. Macdougall
3. Kidley (Mad Dog needs more ball, putting him at centre is an option but I'd like to see him with an inside man who can pass, kick step, tackle and basically provide some creativity that Carmont doesn't).
4. Tighe (I'm with B.Smith, still reasonably happy with him and looks likely with the ball in hand)
5. McManus (wasn't at all impressed to see him not bothering to chase the kick on Raider's last try. At his age enthusiasm and pride should not be a problem, but still deserves his spot at this stage).
6. Mullen
7. Johns
8. Woolnough
9. Buderus
10. White (when he did run he ate up the yards at pace, I was loving his work until he just disappeared! I think he can do the job in the opening 20 minutes that Perry is not doing - straight and hard and then have a rest)
11. Simpson
12. Newton (started teh game very well didn't anyone notice the strong runs, and still one of the few forwards who can genuinely offload the ball and create 2nd phase play)
13. Abraham (actually thought he was superb, can't believe what I've read about him here. He looked so mobile, constantly had the arms free in the tackle, made more metres than EVERY other forward and that's coming off the bench to the back row!)

14. Brown (deserves a shot at dummy half/back row/ outside back if needed. Seu Seu provided nothing at all tonight)
15. Paterson (he was brilliant, will be one of the first forwards picked pretty soon)
16. Tolar
17. Snowden (give him a run, nothing to lose. If he doesn't bring the mongrel expected, Sargent is ready and waiting)

Perry can get stuffed (penalty whilst in possession! aaaaaaarrgghhh).
Carmont is crap.

RABK

Referee
1. Adam MacDougall
2. Akuila Uate/Todd Polglase
3. Cory Patterson
4. Paul Franze
5. James McManus
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns
8. Matthew White
9. Danny Buderus
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Daniel Abraham
13. Kurt Gidley

14. Daniel Tolar
15. Kade Snowden
16. Kirk Reynoldson
17. Clint Newton

roopy

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
1. Adam MacDougall - 95kg
2. Akuila Uate - 90kg
3. Cory Patterson - 105kg
4. Paul Franze - 95kg
5. James McManus - 85kg
6. Jarrod Mullen - 85kg
7. Andrew Johns - 90kg
8. Matthew White - 113kg
9. Danny Buderus - 90kg
10. Adam Woolnough - 108kg
11. Steve Simpson - 105kg
12. Daniel Abraham - 106kg
13. Kurt Gidley 90kg

14. Daniel Tolar - 103kg
15. Kade Snowden - 113kg
16. Kirk Reynoldson - 102kg
17. Clint Newton - 102kg
biggest Knights side ever?
good side though

RABK

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
1. Adam MacDougall
2. Akuila Uate/Todd Polglase
3. Cory Patterson
4. Paul Franze
5. James McManus
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Andrew Johns
8. Matthew White
9. Danny Buderus
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Daniel Abraham
13. Kurt Gidley

14. Daniel Tolar
15. Kade Snowden
16. Kirk Reynoldson
17. Clint Newton

MacDougall needs to be at fullback, he needs space and he is not going to really get it at winger or centre. Once he builds momentum in a run he is devastating returning the ball.

Patterson beats the firts man everytime and good be very dangerous at centre. If his winger is alert they could have a field day with Patto drawing the winger and offloading.

Franze looked brilliant last night and we need to drop either one or both of Tighe and Carmont.

Buderus back can't come a minute sooner, the ruck defense Seu Seu has dished up recently is atrocious and the traffic out of dummy half was all Johns. Mullen caught a cold tonight. Buderus will fix the ruck area and distribute the ball evenly. He will also look to run himself and put forwards into gaps.

Kurt Gidley can continue to play rover at lock.

Bench has impact - I would consider dropping Newton or Reynoldson for Thaiday.

Lay off Thaiday - both he and Johns were returning tonight and Thaiday was a lot better then Johns. Not saying Milton was brilliant but like Johns should be given time to build form.

Alex28

Coach
Tighe is an absolute fraud - should not be playing first grade. Carmont isn't far behind him. Perry has had enough chances and it is time others get the same opportunities that he has had.

An incredibly disappointing effort last night...but wholesale changes are perhaps not the answer. However I agree that Tighe and Perry have got to go.

fred_knight

Juniors
Tighe, Perry and possibly Carmont will have to go, but i dont see smitty blooding new guys..He should, but he wont....Patterson deserves his spot next week for sure

CJKnight

Juniors
1. Kidley
2. McManus
3. Polglase
4. Doogs
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Johns
8. Sargent
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Simpson
12. Patterson
13. Reynoldson

14. White
15. Tolar
16. Newton
17. Abraham

K-Man

Bench
Alex28 said:
Tighe is an absolute fraud - should not be playing first grade. Carmont isn't far behind him. Perry has had enough chances and it is time others get the same opportunities that he has had.

An incredibly disappointing effort last night...but wholesale changes are perhaps not the answer. However I agree that Tighe and Perry have got to go.

Why specifically is Tighe such a fraud? He gets bagged so much but is twice the player Carmont will ever be.

Tighe always runs the ball at pace and he usually gets over the advantage line by running nice angles into gaps (probably would've scored last night until Joey threw him a rocket on the inside).

Admittedly he hasn't had a lot of room to move so far this season, but lack of opportunity doesn't take away from the fact that he does have a good passing game. He has played 5-8th in the past, he has shown that he is a skilful player, he was our BEST BACK in 2005, then didn't get a game for a whole season, and has had 3 games back in first grade.

You can only criticise him for lack of involvement, but his actual touches of the football are very strong. And Smith seems happy with him, so perhaps he is just sticking to the game plan given to him by holding his position at centre. The ball doesn't get out to him as much as I would like, but that's not necessarily his fault.

Yosh

Coach
1. Kids
2. McManus
3. Tighe
4. Franze
5. Doogs
6. Mullo
7. Joey
8. White
9. Bedsy
10. Tolar
11. Simpson
12. Patto
13. Abes

14. Brown
15. Sargent (hopefully he is back)
16. Wooly
17. Snowden

18. Perry

Should put Perry at 18 so he gets shocked by not being in the first team. Depending on how he trains during the week drop Wooly for him if he has done well. PERRY WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME WHY PERRY WHY????