What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for Round 1 vs Dragons

meercat

Juniors
Seems we have jumped the gun a bit and named our team early.

1. Boyd
2. McManus
3. W Naiqama
4. Tahu
5. Uate
6. Gidley
7. Mullen
8. Snowden
9. Buderus
10. Cuthbertson
11. Houston
12. Taia
13. Costigan

Bench
14. Hilder
15. Fa’aoso
16. Edwards
17. McKinnon

Source: Knights Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/NRLKnights

Seems Sa'u is the first to miss out, McKinnon snags a bench spot.

billy2

Juniors
Pretty much the dream selection, but i didn't think they'd do it.

Sau was very ordinary in the trial, largely because he was trying far too hard. He tried to beat 3 guys and offload every time.

billy2

Juniors
Not many have mentioned Hilder, but his work from dummy half in the trial was easily the best work i've seen from him.
Working with Bedsy means he is now scooting up to the line and delivering crisp passes to the right people just like Bedsy.
Never been a fan of his early and predictable passing from dummy half, or his runs from dummy half, but he has made serious progress in 3 months.

Spot On

Coach
Pretty much the dream selection, but i didn't think they'd do it.

Sau was very ordinary in the trial, largely because he was trying far too hard. He tried to beat 3 guys and offload every time.

Hard to pick a centre who doesn't/can't pass. How will Wes go defensively?

Spot On

Coach
Snowy and Cuthbo will both play 60 minutes or more.
Edwards might do a short stint at prop and a longer one in the second row.
McKinnon might not even get a run if the others go well.

Has Cuthbo played those sort of minutes before when starting a game at prop Billy?

billy2

Juniors
Has Cuthbo played those sort of minutes before when starting a game at prop Billy?
He did in the trial - don't know if he has before that.
Snowy probably did 70 or more in the trial, but they did play more than 80 minutes and he had a spell or two.

perverse

Referee
i'm surprised - but not necessarily disappointed - that Wes got the centre spot. i think he earned it last year, and i think he can do better than at least the Sau 2011 edition.

Cuthbo starting makes sense to me once it was established that Tui was on the outer. looking forward to seeing what he provides, i think he'll be a great foil for Snowy.

i think Edwards is lucky to have a bench spot... but apparently he's lost a tonne of weight, so im happy to see what he has to offer this year. i guess that's the beauty of this season, it's like we got 25-30 brand new players at the squad. we're all waiting to see what the new and improved versions of themselves can do.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Edwards will deliver the pain. Him, Faas and Alex are going to run out there and provide a lot of mongrel. I really like that bench. It's mean. It's a dragon slayer.

chinorocks

Juniors
I think thats exactly the side I picked last week. I may have had Tetevano over Edwards but otherwise spot on.

Jono078

Referee
Woohoo first side of the year named! :D

No real surprises.

9. Buderus
Orgasmic!

The bench seems super light, but I guess Bennett knows what he's doing and as mentioned above Costigan will probably play the mobile front rower in the second half.

Latest posts