What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team for Round 1

natheel

Coach
What are peoples thoughts on kevin kingston?? im quietly excited about him this year only coz the last 'second' string hooker we bought came up trumps for us (Brad Drew) other than that i dont know too much about him but i think he may be on the bench round 1 unless injured?

1. Burt
2. Tautai
3. Inu
4. Reddy
5. Grothe
6. Hayne
7. Finch
8. Cayless
9. Keating
10. Moi Moi
11. Hindy
12. Galuvao
13. Mateo

14. Harauki
15. Kingston/K. Keating
16. Cordoba
17. Smith

BRAD BELLICK

Juniors
What has inu done at centre for u to justify his spot?he's clearly a winger and tatuai is not

I dont know why u'd have the player with the best ability to beat a man 1 on 1 and best footwork in the team on the wing. Even if he is a good finisher.

Inu played in the centres for the 2nd half last night and had by far his most dangerous game of the trials. Personally id have Reddy on the wing over TT but i'm just saying what team Anderson is gonna pick. im sure of it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Keep dreaming pal!! At least both of those teams have won something in the last decade. Sorry though, I shouldn't write off the mighty Eels, at least the are always good for a laugh, if nothing else!!:lol:
Gee a username of Nuts and you are from Queensland, well i never........

Keep dreaming pal!! At least both of those teams have won something in the last decade. Sorry though, I shouldn't write off the mighty Eels, at least the are always good for a laugh, if nothing else!!:lol:

you are an excellent ambassador to the level of education in the state of queensland

caylo

Bench
I dont know why u'd have the player with the best ability to beat a man 1 on 1 and best footwork in the team on the wing. Even if he is a good finisher.

Inu played in the centres for the 2nd half last night and had by far his most dangerous game of the trials. Personally id have Reddy on the wing over TT but i'm just saying what team Anderson is gonna pick. im sure of it.
Absolutly agree!!

If Reddy isn't fit to play round 1 (i mean match fitness, not injury) then I would play Etu or Wright on the wing ahead of Tautai. Im not surprised if Inu did play well in the centres for a few reasons.

1) his understanding with Hayne can not be underestimated. They are good mates and have been playing together for a long time.

2) He has the best footwork in the team, and allows him to be dagerous from anywhere on the field. Tautai is not going to make a long break from 60 odd meters away unless put in a gap. Inu can!

3) He is a natural centre, understands how to bring in the winger and set up his man on the outside.

mickdo

Coach
TT looked really slow last night, and didn't seem to get involved in much. Early on the Roosters attack seemed to playing havoc with that wing as well. Still, I'm not sure DA wants to blood a new back at this stage... if anyone took his spot it would be Reddy, not Etu

bartman

Immortal
I'd be happy with Inu at centre, but I've got a feeling DA has Reddy lined up for TT's spot as soon as Joel is match fit. I'm guessing that's why Inu has been numbered on the wing in trials, even though he's spent time at centre.

I'd suspect Tautai to get two games in firsts before Joel comes in. He and Inu can swap around on their side as they see fit, so it's half a dozen of one, half a dozen the other.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm still trying to work out what T has to offer, he's defensively sound..but that's about it.

I'd much rather have the K man there before T.

dazeely

First Grade
1. Luke BURT
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Krisnan INU
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Ben SMITH
4. Joel Reddy[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Eric GROTHE
6. Jarryd HAYNE
7. Brett FINCH
8. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nathan CAYLESS
9. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Matthew KEATING
10. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fuifui MOIMOI
11. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Nathan HINDMARSH
12. Joe GALUVAO
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]13. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Feleti MATEO

14. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kris KEATING
15. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tim MANNAH
16. Broderick WRIGHT[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]17. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Josh CORDOBA [/FONT]

strider

Post Whore
I think Reddy has played some great games on the wing for us, but had some defensive lapses at centre (but hey most our centre's have done those of late)

I'd go

2. Reddy
3. Smith
4. Inu
5. Grothe (of course playing the same side as smith)

Inu has the potential to be Tahu-like (with less speed of course) ... I'd want him in the centres

big boppa eel

Juniors
After watching tonight's game and and reviewing the other trials, its quite obvious what our team will be.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Luke BURT
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Krisnan INU
4. Taulima TAUTAI [/FONT]
6. Jarryd HAYNE
7. Brett FINCH
12. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weller HAURAKI
13. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Feleti MATEO

16. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Joe GALUVAO
17. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Josh CORDOBA/[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Broderick WRIGHT

Tim MANNAH earned himself a spot in the team after tonight's performance. I have no doubt in my mind he will be there round 1. I also believe GALUVAO will be on the bench come round 1, you could tell the way DA used him tonight, he wants him in the team.

Matt. K has taken ownership of #9 easily...

K.K is 2 good to be left out of the team ... he can play multiple roles.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Broderick WRIGHT is the new chad Robinson of our team. Works hard in defence and carts the ball up when required.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
Take out Cordoba, Tautai, Hauraki, and its not a bad side.

Rogue.9

Juniors
After watching tonight's game and and reviewing the other trials, its quite obvious what our team will be.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Luke BURT
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Krisnan INU
6. Jarryd HAYNE
7. Brett FINCH

17. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Josh CORDOBA/[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Broderick WRIGHT

Tim MANNAH earned himself a spot in the team after tonight's performance. I have no doubt in my mind he will be there round 1. I also believe GALUVAO will be on the bench come round 1, you could tell the way DA used him tonight, he wants him in the team.

Matt. K has taken ownership of #9 easily...

K.K is 2 good to be left out of the team ... he can play multiple roles.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Broderick WRIGHT is the new chad Robinson of our team. Works hard in defence and carts the ball up when required.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
I'ld swap Reddy for [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tautai.[/FONT]

Eels Dude

Coach
I think we should all butt out and let Daniel Anderson choose the side. He seems to have a fair idea of what kind of game plans to use, and which players suit a specific role within the side.

lingard

Coach
Probably won't matter, the team looks sh!t!! I must say Eels have to be specials for the spoon!! GO DA!! he will fix all the Eel's problems!!

By the end of the year, if the Cowboys do a whole lot better than they did last year (as in show some balls) then come back and let us know. Until then, f**k OFF!

butch82

Juniors
hey guys just a quick question how has hindy been playn?
has he been doin more attacking or still doin plenty of defence?

ozbash

Referee
1. Luke BURT
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Krisnan INU
6. Jarryd HAYNE
7. Brett FINCH

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]have the Eels brought any of last years U20's through to first grade ?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Joe Galuvao,, thought he'd retired.
[/FONT]

Latest posts