What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team I would like to see for Grandfinal

TooheysNew

Coach
Mate, if you're only here to troll I can remove your access now. Make some constructive posts or you'll be gone.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Dilmah said:
Mate, if you're only here to troll I can remove your access now. Make some constructive posts or you'll be gone.

Could you remove excrutiating_c0ckheads access please?

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Dilmah said:

Don't you just think that the 23rd of May is perhaps a little too early to go picking your grand final side? I mean, seriously, if you can find a similar thread in another team's forum I'd be pretty surprised.

I'm not predicting that you will make it or you won't, but an awful lot came happen in the next 13 or so rounds. Its just a little too presumptious to go picking your grandfinal side when you haven't:

a) Made the finals
b) Made the grand final

Optimism is a great attribute, but there's an awful fine line between optimism and arrogance.

Fair enough my comments were a bit harsh - and in hindsight I wouldn't have made them so full-on. However the point stands - no team in the comp should be picking their grand final team before they actually make it.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
All they're really doing is picking the strongest line up they can envisage based on the current playing crop. If the thread had been titled 'dream 2006 side', no one would be complaining. What exactly is your objection to the inclusion of 'Grand Final' in the thread title?

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
ShadesOfTheSun said:
All they're really doing is picking the strongest line up they can envisage based on the current playing crop. If the thread had been titled 'dream 2006 side', no one would be complaining. What exactly is your objection to the inclusion of 'Grand Final' in the thread title?

Ok, let me start the same thread in the Bulldogs and see what will happen. I wonder if people would be quite so forgiving!

My objection is that Newcastle haven't:

bigdogsgottaeat said:
a) Made the finals
b) Made the grand final

You don't see this sort of thread in any other team's forums because other teams' fans realize there's a lot of footy left to be played this year.

ShadesOfTheSun said:
If the thread had been titled 'dream 2006 side', no one would be complaining.

I agree.

antonius

Coach
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Ok, let me start the same thread in the Bulldogs and see what will happen. I wonder if people would be quite so forgiving!

My objection is that Newcastle haven't:

You don't see this sort of thread in any other team's forums because other teams' fans realize there's a lot of footy left to be played this year.

I agree.
The question has to be asked, what RIGHT do YOU have to tell us what we can and can't post???

John_Travolta

Juniors
No its called airing an opinion Dilmah..... no trolling as u put it. Thats what I`m doing. Btw the more I think about it the Dragons will be more of a chance in the next few weeks than Newcastle will be lol....

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
antonius said:
Now you're ranting, not even making sense.

Ok I suspect this will turn into a game of childish name calling before long so let me say best of luck mate, hope to see you in the semi's - and by that I hope that we make it too (which implies we actually start playing some good footy!). I'll try not to make (somewhat) deliberately antagonistic comments, at least in your team's forum. Fair's fair.

Cheers, see you this weekend.

antonius

Coach
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Ok I suspect this will turn into a game of childish name calling before long so let me say best of luck mate, hope to see you in the semi's - and by that I hope that we make it too (which implies we actually start playing some good footy!). I'll try not to make (somewhat) deliberately antagonistic comments, at least in your team's forum. Fair's fair.

Cheers, see you this weekend.
No you wont get name calling from me. But what do you expect the reaction from people here should be, when they start a thread summising what might be, and in you roll with an opening of

Reckon you'll make it?

Imagine your *ONE* and *ONLY* player got injured? You guys would be f**ked! Then again, you've had recent experience with that scenario, haven't you?
You then procede to get indignant when you get the reaction you were seeking.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
antonius said:
You then procede to get indignant when you get the reaction you were seeking.

Gee, heaven forbid someone presented a scenario that would see the knights not make the grand final and then, even worse, questioned whether it was arrogant to make an assumption this early in the year about how the entire season will play out.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Gee, heaven forbid someone presented a scenario that would see the knights not make the grand final and then, even worse, questioned whether it was arrogant to make an assumption this early in the year about how the entire season will play out.

If we are so one eyed, why post in the knights forum. Get a life.