What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Round 5: Dragons V Knights

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
1. Josh Dugan
2. Eto Nabuli
3. Euan Aitken
4. Dylan Farrell
5. Jason NIghtingale
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Benji Marshall
8. Leeson Ah Mau
9. Mitch Rein
10. Mike Cooper
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Joel Thompson
13. Trent Merrin
14. George Rose
15. Jack de Belin
16. Jake Marketo
17. Heath L’Estrange
20. Rory O’Brien

If the halves and hooker fire with the great go forward we got last week we will score plenty of points.

Question is how to best use Marshall/Widdop/Duges.

Dragon66

Juniors
If the halves and hooker fire with the great go forward we got last week we will score plenty of points.

Question is how to best use Marshall/Widdop/Duges.

The $64.000 question - or the decisions that will make or break McGregor as a coach.

Dragon66

Juniors
i hope rory gets a spot this week . alas poor george !

66 to 666. I'm with you. I believe O'Brian has more upside going forward. He can only get better with game time, and he should be one of our main front rowers over the next few years as he adjusts to the pace of NRL.
I can't see why, with the same minutes as Rose, that he won't offer more to side in attack and defence.

Having said that Rose is certainly carrying out his role for the team quite well.

Datramp

Juniors
Farrell was actually really good last week both defensively and in attack. Best thing he did was take the tackle when he made a break. Much better than benji et al who just tried to throw the miracle ball

BennyV

Referee
Farrell was actually really good last week both defensively and in attack. Best thing he did was take the tackle when he made a break. Much better than benji et al who just tried to throw the miracle ball

Lol

TheRev

First Grade
The Stranger dropped one ball, other than that he was very strong I thought.
Agree, he wasnt his usual self (confidence went a bit after that drop), but he was perfectly fine.. cant always be on fire.. for once Rein was the better hooker on the night, thats not a bad situation.

As for the Benji hate, im still not getting it, he made a couple of errors, but hes also our primary playmaker and our x-factor.. Widdop & Duges are all pulling more than their fair share of errors (errors should also include rubbish 5th tackle options).

Ultimately I think what were mostly frustrated by is the errors by any players on the 1st and 2nd tackle, its such a momentum-changer... we probably need to be playing more of a Bennett 2010 boring % style until we can get some real attacking combinations happening.

mickeylane

Bench
I'm not expecting too much against what I believe is most probably the most aggressive forward pack in the comp..
The Knights are led by real mad dogs in
Smith
Scott
Simms
Who won't take a step backwards and will man handle our halves and forwards. I think the key here is to move around the Knights.. I don't think a forward battle is what we want - as long as the forwards hold their own we have half a chance.. But I can see Beau Scott hammering Benji.. Which then means Widdup has to stand up.. Let's see

Hills Dragon

Juniors
Someone needs to take Farrell out for a few drinks at Northies. It's the only thing that seems to work when it comes to getting the changes that the team needs.