What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list thread - Vs Sharks Rnd 13

TheRam

Coach
This man is coming to hurt your feelings.

https://www.sharks.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/cronulla-sutherland-sharks/siosifa-talakai/

remote.axd

He has been a real surprise this year. I like the way he plays...except for this week. I hope we smash him.

Kornstar

Coach
He missed 6 weeks in 2018 at the Roosters but that included the Origin period where the Roosters had 2 byes. In the 106 games he could have played in since his debut in 2016, he has played in all but 13 so he is good for about 87% of the time (he played every game for the Tigers last year). In fact apart from his debut year (and this year of course), he has played at least 22 games each year. I wouldn't think he was too injury prone TBH.

Oh and didn't look bad??? He need Fergo to hold him up FFS.

780548_640x360_large_20200723205447.jpg

Live at the game you knew just how bad it was the second he tried to stand up. He was in la la land and without Fergo holding him up he would have been on the ground. It was on the more serious side for the way he looked.

"didn't look that bad", FMD!!!

Kornstar

Coach
I reckon we are just being extra cautious with Matterson. We do have the luxury of minimal injuries and sitting ok on the ladder.

I think the fact we have discovered that Davey is a capable fill in on an edge (solid defense and reasonable attack) has given us the opportunity to rest him longer .... and it could help at the back of the season to have rested players

I would actually start Davey and use niukore in the middle (tho maybe we are worried about how many minutes we can stretch davey, so i get niukore on the edge to start)

He didn’t stand up on his own. He was all over the place until Fergo came in and held him up. It was quite clear from the outset that he was gone for the game immediately and would probably miss the week after as well. If the Eels and Matto deem that he should have an extra week of recovery then I’ve got no argument against that. Sometimes what might seem innocuous at the time could turn out to be quite serious.

I think the reports that came out about his concussions and the way the Tigers handled it put a bunch of pressure on any decision we would make in relation to him. It was almost prophetic as those all came out before the game didn't it?

I have no issue with resting him as we are able to cover him at the moment.

hindy111

Post Whore
Live at the game you knew just how bad it was the second he tried to stand up. He was in la la land and without Fergo holding him up he would have been on the ground. It was on the more serious side for the way he looked.

"didn't look that bad", FMD!!!

My initial thoughts was oh he maybe back this game. I didn't sit and stare at the TV. I was also reading during the game.

Kornstar

Coach
My initial thoughts was oh he maybe back this game. I didn't sit and stare at the TV. I was also reading during the game.

At the game as soon as he got up it was obvious he was not coming back I am not sure how much the TV coverage showed.

I would be surprised if he even remembers any of that day.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He was IN DISNEYLAND!!!

Back in the eighties he would've made ten tackles and a couple of hit ups before they took him from the field.

Incorrect

Coach
At the game as soon as he got up it was obvious he was not coming back I am not sure how much the TV coverage showed.

I would be surprised if he even remembers any of that day.
Yeah you could tell in the TV coverage it was a pretty hefty knock he had taken. He had a bit of the Zab Judah's about him when he got up and tried to get back in the defensive line... If Fergo wasn't nearby he would have hit the deck again, no doubt...

strider

Post Whore
he hit heads with russell packer ffs .... russell f**kin packer's enormous melon!!!

Kornstar

Coach
Yeah I thought it was the forearm. I was surprised when there was no charge.

I think the match review committee only look at things that the commentators carry on about. I am more and more convinced as time goes by.

I would enjoy it if my job on a Monday was to re-watch all the games from the weekend looking for illegal acts but these merkins appear that it is beneath them and will only look where they know to look based on outrage from the media.

Latest posts