What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Toosday: Round 4 Eels v Panthers

hindy111

Post Whore
I personally doubt it. Possibly one, and it will be a merkin of a game. We are down on troops and confidence and the media mob is circling for blood. BA is losing the fan base with his tactics as well. We just aren’t on song anywhere you look. I’ll always support the Eels though, no matter what happens.

If we win next two we are genuine heavyweights. I give us a some chance. I think we needed a bit of time to get over grand final hang over. The reality of the seasons now kicked in.
Big few games coming up.

Eelogical

Referee
If we win next two we are genuine heavyweights. I give us a some chance. I think we needed a bit of time to get over grand final hang over. The reality of the seasons now kicked in.
Big few games coming up.
If. What makes you think we will turn it around against the premiers and Roosters? Matto and Hands? We’ve debated it death ad nauseam. There will have to be an 80 minute commitment from us to go the distance against either team.

Gazzamatta

Coach
So BA says its his job to support whatever the player decides.
He then said he put his opinion to Matto as to what he thought Matto should decide. The result of which being it was Mattos decision and he has to suffer the consequences of his decision, ie take the match penalty. So Matto gave a big "fu,*k you" to his coach.
Chippy is correct. Absolute waffle defending amateur hour. And what f'n consequences are these he talks of? He waltzes straight back into first grade. I bet Nrown is wondering wtf is going on.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Big few games coming up.
We are probably in better form then some of the teams who are 1-2 just haven't got the job done.

Realistically should be 2-1 considering the situations we have been in and the pressure wouldn't be growing by the week.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Was Arthur ever a bench utility or simply coverage for the halves? A bench utility would traditionally get guaranteed game time, yet Jake often sat on the pine for the whole 80 mins.
Who knows the thinking about that last year to be honest... it just cost a bench spot and some extra re-energising for our forwards which might have been useful come GF day.
Russell's return was a talked up as a rumour only.
Hmmm.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Yep, I was told by a club contact that he was likely good to go and I shared it on here as a rumour. Also stated at the time that my contact could have been lying to me.
Do you know if he is just a few weeks away or actually gone for the season?
Seems no-one actually knows the truth, the club hasn't officially said, and both estimates are just rumours...

eels_fan

First Grade
We only lost 3 games at Commbank in all of 2022, and staring down the barrel of losing 3 there in 4 weeks to start 2023….

need a crowd on Thursday as tough as that can be.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Just watched 100% Footy. Very critical of the club and Matto for not taking the fine. Gus basically in disbelief of how it could be let happen by BA and the Club.
For Yellowstone Fans, he basically said if he was John Dutton he would have driven Matto to the train station.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Just watched 100% Footy. Very critical of the club and Matto for not taking the fine. Gus basically in disbelief of how it could be let happen by BA and the Club.
For Yellowstone Fans, he basically said if he was John Dutton he would have driven Matto to the train station.

As I said 5yrs ago when had chance get Gould. We fluffed around. Now we all get to watch him build a dynasty at the Bulldogs. I can already see a happy side with belief. Team spirit.

BA supports the players decision? He should of told Matto he is a f**kwit and doesn't respect him.

King-Gutho94

Coach
As I said 5yrs ago when had chance get Gould. We fluffed around. Now we all get to watch him build a dynasty at the Bulldogs. I can already see a happy side with belief. Team spirit.

BA supports the players decision? He should of told Matto he is a f**kwit and doesn't respect him.
Gus wouldn't have come here. Even if we offered the world.

He has only gone back to the clubs he has won a premiership at and has history with.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

BA supports the players decision? He should have told Matto he is a f**kwit and doesn't respect him.
Further proof Bea is a deadset dope.

Wally21

Bench
So Gus reckons it wouldn’t happen under his watch. Isn’t our equivalent McElduff ? Or does that complication distract from your Bea take down ?
Whoever was responsible for accepting Matto’s decision is a dope. I don’t know if course, but senior members of the administration/coaching must have had some involvement.
the whole thing is a culture killer