What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday GRAND FINAL 2/10/22: PARRAMATTA EELS v Penrith Panthers

Gronk

Staff member
he’s definitely an enforcer that’s cleaned up his act a fair bit. The ref may be reluctant to blow too many 6 agains but won’t hesitate in marching a player if there’s foul play. Hopefully his 20-30 minute stint is incident free.
If he's on his game, he'll bring good line speed and kick pressure and spur others on to do the same.

IFR33K

Coach
James Graham reckons in his GF preview POD that Browny will come on for 15 mins only and hold the fort with his aggression until our bookends come back on.

Does anyone think he'll get more or less than 15mins ?

He could be lacking match fitness but adrenaline may get him a little more game time.

IFR33K

Coach
I’m on holidays in Byron. I woke up this morning wondering what day it was cause I had no idea. The first thing I remembered was that we were in a grand final . I still didn’t know what day it was but knew it was going to be a good day anyway. I still can’t believe we are in it! 3 more sleeps

F^*king oath.

not sure I’ll get much sleep in till post gf.

Can see the insomnia f^*king with me @hindy111 style.

btw 111, any tips for the insomnia. Sorry In advance.

yy_cheng

Coach
James Graham reckons in his GF preview POD that Browny will come on for 15 mins only and hold the fort with his aggression until our bookends come back on.

Does anyone think he'll get more or less than 15mins ?
Depends on how well he is playing for mine.

If he is having a wowser, give others like Lane and Paps a rest.

I hope he comes out and kills it.

It is weird, sidelined for so long and then plays the GF

yy_cheng

Coach
This is where im not sure about the narrative that he will be terrorising Cleary …. If we stick to our plan that we’ve used most of the year browny gets very little game time … what happens the other 65 mins ….. hope Cleary doesn’t kick to waqa.

The hidden advantage of Opa being out.

Bailey can switch back there if Waqa is loses confidence.

Bailey initially was really bad under the high ball when he first arrived but improved as the games went on to the point where I found him quite safe. The amount of practice he must've done under the high ball is a credit to him. It was very similar to when Guth first came.

However, I hope bailey doesnt shoot out of the line but instead uses the Sivo's defensive method of the sideline being an extra defender.

Gronk

Staff member
Depends on how well he is playing for mine.

If he is having a wowser, give others like Lane and Paps a rest.

I hope he comes out and kills it.

It is weird, sidelined for so long and then plays the GF
More on how ineffective Makka and Carty have been. It's made the coach look elsewhere. Remembering that he felt the need to go shopping for a mad merkin off the bench 6/8 weeks ago ~ Klemmer and then Taupau.

bazza

Referee
Line speed is what we need. If Cleary has time on his hands he’ll pull us apart. Rheed and brown are essential to our d.
the main difference in the earlier semi was that Cleary had an age to put in kicks to get them back in the game
I think main areas of improvement are putting pressure on the kicker and what to do if you think you won't be able to catch one of those mid-field bombs i.e. probably better to let it bounce 20m out than to knock it on

Gronk

Staff member
the main difference in the earlier semi was that Cleary had an age to put in kicks to get them back in the game
I think main areas of improvement are putting pressure on the kicker and what to do if you think you won't be able to catch one of those mid-field bombs i.e. probably better to let it bounce 20m out than to knock it on
Agree. Kick pressure is key. Having said that, I think that Waqa is being unjustly labelled as a liability under the high ball. You don't have to go far back to the game against the dogs where gutho was dropping those Matt Burton sub-stratosphere wobblers. Last week vs Souths, their backline struggled also against the Cleary kicks.

So for mine, it's more about kick pressure and if he gets one away, then you just do your best.

Noise

Coach
Yep a spiral bomb at the 20m Waqa is better off letting it bounce.

yy_cheng

Coach
Agree. Kick pressure is key. Having said that, I think that Waqa is being unjustly labelled as a liability under the high ball. You don't have to go far back to the game against the dogs where gutho was dropping those Matt Burton sub-stratosphere wobblers. Last week vs Souths, their backline struggled also against the Cleary kicks.

So for mine, it's more about kick pressure and if he gets one away, then you just do your best.
However, it's also the panfer blockers.
I watched the panders and they do interfere with the defender trying to pressure

We really don't do this, we stand there but then run down field and the opposition can get at Moses

Souths do what we do too

King-Gutho94

Coach
I remember we let the ball bounce in our last GF appearance.... And that didn't end well 😫
I thought Inglis just caught it on the full as Hayne & Grothe looked at each other.

I was up in the nose bleeds looking down at it and saw it coming it was so obvious after getting ourselves back to 10-6. It was so deflating.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Since 2020 and by the time 2023 starts, these are the players Ruff had on their books
Had to let them go for variety of reasons ie. cap pressure, other players better. May have missed a couple as well??

Not a bad 13. Spine not too shabby.

1. Dane Laurie (development squad of 2020)
2. Brent Naden
3. Billie Burns
4. Paul Momirovski
5. Josh Mansour
6. Matt Burton
7. Sean Sullivan
13. Kurt Capewell
12. Villani Kikau
11. J'maine Hopgood
10. James Tamau
9. Ap Koroisau
8. Jack Hetherington

Incorrect

Coach
I thought Inglis just caught it on the full as Hayne & Grothe looked at each other.

I was up in the nose bleeds looking down at it and saw it coming it was so obvious after getting ourselves back to 10-6. It was so deflating.
You could be right actually... Best not to try and re-live it!!

Latest posts